Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    That is horseshit. You can handpick people who have problems with crashes and it's mostly AMD cards, low fps, maybe some obscure game that someone is trying to run in Wine. God forbid you run a game 19th 100 fps instead of 110. Playing hassle free? How do BSOD and Windows update self restarts and Windows deleting you files treating you? What's that? Hyperbole? Yah it goes both ways.
    Users don't have resposibility on what? Making an effort? No you don't have to, nobody is saying you have to.
    I think you should look back and read your own words... I'm all for competition but Linux and gaming is not really a thing... I heard this "oh but Linux is going to take over" for ... 2 decades? now.. it never changes, it never happens. Go on the Steam forum and check all those begging threads in almost every game board. "Will you release this for linux? pretty please sir", followed by 100 like minded people posting +1 and how the 100 people interested will make it all worth the effort for the publisher.

Everyone is free to use whatever OS you want but do not complain that most of the games do not get released for your platform, run worse or you have to deal with some Windows emulation software to assure yourself you get the "better experience". Just go back to compiling a bouncing pinguin screensaver for 2 hours, pray you don't get errors along the way and leave the rest of us, who use a proven OS for gaming in peace.

I feel sorry for Linux users.

I was forced to install (dual boot) Windows 10 to play a few Windows Game Pass game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    It's totally different, if you want to watch a HBO program you have to pay for something from HBO - this is the same as wanting to play a Bethesda game and having to pay for something from Bethesda.

To be a proper analogy for console exclusivity you would have to pay HBO for their service and also buy a special HBO TV for several hundred pounds. Imagine if HBO was only available on Samsung TVs so you couldn't go with Sony, but then the Samsung TVs wouldn't play Spider Man movies. This is what people don't like about console exclusivity, not the fact you have to buy something from the publisher but having to pay hundreds of pounds for hardware.
    But again... it's not a new idea for consoles. Way back in the Nintendo/Sega Master System days there was the same thing. There were some games that were on both platforms... but so many more that were exclusive to one brand or the other. If anything, I would say that exclusives are less of a thing now than they were back then.

You're right about the HBO/Netflix analogy though....you don't have to buy a specific device to use those services. Soo that does make a difference

I suppose it's closer to the divide between Cable and Satelite TV....where certain channels or networks will be available on one service...but not on another.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Sony has to have quality exclusives to pull you away from Microsoft and vice versa...otherwise the exclusiveness is meaningless. It doesn't matter how many games are exclusive to Microsoft if you aren't interested in playing them.

No, Ford and Samsung don't have to use another platform to sell their products...but, like Microsoft and Sony, they do provide a platform that other companies have to use to sell their products.
    I mean, they have Final Fantasy for example. Which was always my personal reason for rather buying a Playstation. With most Microsoft exclusive games being either on XBOX or PC, I feel like Sony still has the advantage here. I can play a new Fallout or Elder Scrolls on my PC and with those franchises, its even more adventagous to do so because of the modding community. I have to wait a shit long time to play a new Final Fantasy on PC and then probably won't be able to do it because of their insane requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
    I mean, they have Final Fantasy for example. Which was always my personal reason for rather buying a Playstation. With most Microsoft exclusive games being either on XBOX or PC, I feel like Sony still has the advantage here. I can play a new Fallout or Elder Scrolls on my PC and with those franchises, its even more adventagous to do so because of the modding community. I have to wait a shit long time to play a new Final Fantasy on PC and then probably won't be able to do it because of their insane requirements.
    Final Fantasy is coming to PC as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Final Fantasy is coming to PC as well.
    Yeah, I know. But it starts as a Playstation exclusive traditionally and is only ported to PC later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
    FFXV was released on both PS4 and Xbox One on the same day....so that's not a great example.

With the first Final Fantasy games (The ones that were released outside of Japan)... you never had the option at all. It was play them on Nintendo...or don't play them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    FFXV was released on both PS4 and Xbox One on the same day....so that's not a great example.

With the first Final Fantasy games (The ones that were released outside of Japan)... you never had the option at all. It was play them on Nintendo...or don't play them at all.
    Then there's the VII remake that's only on the PS4. Xbox and PC get there share of Final Fantasy but PlayStation is the system to guarantee you play that IP.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Then there's the VII remake that's only on the PS4. Xbox and PC get there share of Final Fantasy but PlayStation is the system to guarantee you play that IP.
    And, as I've already said, that's nothing new for Final Fantasy games. So why is it a problem now?

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    its a timed exclusive its not exclusive.