Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
20
... LastLast
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It was 4 https://www.wowhead.com/bluetracker?topic=20176410, your point still stands though lol

    That means they announced it on a saturday, which is weird.
    It was a Friday, released that next Tuesday.

    I am hoping against all hope that we can squeak this pre-patch in on the 29th but the 6th does feel more likely at this point. I have been saying for a while that the 29th is likely and possible, every day that goes by weakens that argument. Tomorrow is literally our last chance for a 29th release. There is evidence for previous pre-patches being announced on a Friday and releasing the very next Tuesday but I now have my doubts
    Last edited by newt0n; 2020-09-24 at 07:27 PM.

  2. #182
    as others have said, it its not announced tomorrow its not coming the 29th

  3. #183
    Stood in the Fire Recovery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    as others have said, it its not announced tomorrow its not coming the 29th
    I love people that deal in absolutes.. Makes me think back to all of the people who said: "There is absolutely ZERO chance that the expansion gets an october release date." "if it was going to have an October releasd, we'd already have an announcement or at least a pre patch announcement." etc etc etc - 2 weeks after that thread, what do you know.... October release date. lmao

    Oh, the laughs i had on the announcement day!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It was 4 https://www.wowhead.com/bluetracker?topic=20176410, your point still stands though lol

    That means they announced it on a saturday, which is weird.

    - - - Updated - - -



    It really isn't a full 2 weeks most often, wod's end of season into legion was 11 days, legions into bfa was 12 (may have reversed those two), 8 days wouldn't be that weird considering its still technically 2 lockouts, though that's the very end of technically lol.
    Yeah, i think most people mean 2 resets when they say 2 week. I believe there will have been 2 resets between when they announced "Soon tm" and the 29th right?

  4. #184
    I also think that friday is the last day they can announce the patch on the 29th. 1 day before is too short, but as we saw in legion: they still want to decide if they do it or not.

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    the other reason I think it's the 6th, aside from Brewfest finishing then, is that is also when the current corruption vendor cycle finishes. and yeah, the vast majority of players are finished with corruption but there are still those out there who will be pushing content right until prepatch and who want that final lot of corruptions from Friday 2nd to Tuesday 6th October
    I still don't know why people think that cycle was official. The only things I've ever found have been the spreadsheets which use formulas to calculate the date but were NOT written by Blizzard staff. I think I saw posts on Wowhead too that listed dates for it, but they were only counting until October in the first place (long before the date would have even been decided by Blizzard).

  6. #186
    Stood in the Fire Krimzin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by sys01 View Post
    Usually, Blizzard gives a 2-week notice before any pre-patch releases. Since we didn't get anything by now I'll have to guess that the pre-patch landing in September has pretty much gone, which means that we may have an October 6-7 pre-patch. But then again it's all just speculation, from my side at least.
    Honestly, I think they are counting all the emails and posts about the end is coming soon, as Notice of impending pre patch. Its going to be one of the next 2 Tuesdays. Sept 29 or Oct 6.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever
    Go Fast or Go Slow

    Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station Light or Battle Station Dark




  7. #187
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn20 View Post
    I still don't know why people think that cycle was official. The only things I've ever found have been the spreadsheets which use formulas to calculate the date but were NOT written by Blizzard staff. I think I saw posts on Wowhead too that listed dates for it, but they were only counting until October in the first place (long before the date would have even been decided by Blizzard).
    um because it was an in game cycle..... the vendor has 52 corruptions, 13 a week - week split into two 6 & 7

  8. #188
    Immortal callipygoustp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    7,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    Any word on the pre-patch?
    Answer: for the last few days, the most popular question in general chat.

  9. #189

  10. #190
    Titan Frozenbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uk - England
    Posts
    13,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    To get those Northrend raredrops with the usual RNG fuckery.
    and to get it on every single one of my alts (the bag :/ )

  11. #191
    Wish they'd release it already, no reason not to. I don't care about the prepatch event but I want the class updates.

  12. #192
    Blizzard has never officially declared the patch date.
    People always use the 2weeks PvP as a sign.

    This time is different.
    If Blizzard declares on Sept 29. The patch will be on Oct 13. That is too late.

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by newt0n View Post
    It was a Friday, released that next Tuesday.

    I am hoping against all hope that we can squeak this pre-patch in on the 29th but the 6th does feel more likely at this point. I have been saying for a while that the 29th is likely and possible, every day that goes by weakens that argument. Tomorrow is literally our last chance for a 29th release. There is evidence for previous pre-patches being announced on a Friday and releasing the very next Tuesday but I now have my doubts
    You're right, it was 5 days and my brain is broken.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Blizzard has never officially declared the patch date.
    People always use the 2weeks PvP as a sign.

    This time is different.
    If Blizzard declares on Sept 29. The patch will be on Oct 13. That is too late.
    They already put out the "2 week"

  14. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    You're right, it was 5 days and my brain is broken.

    - - - Updated - - -



    They already put out the "2 week"
    I always found it funny that mostly PVP players always say THERE HAS TO BE A 2 WEEK NOTICE!.. Like you need it? you know the expansion release date and you know you only have so much time to do everything, and if you waited this long to get things done, that is on you. We have had more than enough notices, the Background Downloader, the posts, the email, which is more than enough, to be honest, lol. I think we will get an announcement tomorrow with a release on the 29th.

  15. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthzull View Post
    I think we will get an announcement tomorrow with a release on the 29th.
    It would not surprise me in the slightest

  16. #196
    I want the 29th but realistically I am thinking it will be the 6th.

  17. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Beta typically goes to "open beta" during prepatch, no?
    Nope. WoW has never had an open beta.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by newt0n View Post
    29th is not off the table. It will be 99% off the table tomorrow if we hear nothing and go into the weekend without a known date. They already put the release candidate on the PTR. I can't see them sitting on that for very long. The 6th is looking more and more likely but I think there is still a SMALL chance the 29th is possible.
    They aren't going to implement the level squish in the middle of the world event with a queueable boss in it.

  18. #198
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Nope. WoW has never had an open beta.

    - - - Updated - - -

    They aren't going to implement the level squish in the middle of the world event with a queueable boss in it.
    Shadowlands Xpax and Hallows End say hi! lol, does not matter, if they can release the xpac during a larger event with a queueable boss they can release pre-patch so your logic means nothing.

  19. #199
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Nope. WoW has never had an open beta.

    - - - Updated - - -

    They aren't going to implement the level squish in the middle of the world event with a queueable boss in it.
    Two week prepatch event... unlikely

    The squish shouldn't effect the brewfest boss or loot.

  20. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    as others have said, it its not announced tomorrow its not coming the 29th
    Precedent is out the window because the pre-patch comes out 4 weeks before the expansion as often as two weeks notice is give for end of PvP season.

    There are ONLY three possible reasons to vote for Donald J Trump this November.
    You are ignorant, you are irrational or you are incredibly wealthy.
    Be rational, be informed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •