Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    To get all my characters geared out and ready to go and do everything on all 4 of them lol.
    If they're not ready by now a longer prepatch won't help. Mine were ready 4 months ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

it doesn't matter if for some people "there is nothing to do in pre-patch"

there is still massive amount on stat changes, level changes, ilvl changes, talents, skills, mob damages....
    all of this need post-patch dev and patching, and they want to do the most before SL itself is out.
    because SL will also need a lot of dev/patching post release.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeenith View Post
    it doesn't matter if for some people "there is nothing to do in pre-patch"

there is still massive amount on stat changes, level changes, ilvl changes, talents, skills, mob damages....
    all of this need post-patch dev and patching, and they want to do the most before SL itself is out.
    because SL will also need a lot of dev/patching post release.
    Yes but release dates are always too tight and BFA prepatch was a total mess up. So taking 1 more week of development will surely help and i believe even with that one extra week of development time, it will be a harsh release, but hopefully better than BFA.

They did not "forget" the 2-weeks announcement, guys. No way they release it in 7 days... they will announce end of season for october 6th and some people will probably still argue that they could release prepatch on 29th because they f*** pvpers. Until 2 days later they really announce prepatch date for 6th.

I get the impression that some people just want to ignore reality so they can whine about it coming to late, so they unsub because prepatch is only 3 weeks.

Just go to the SL release date threads in december, they are full of people thinking SL prepatch would be in may or june.

13 October confirmed
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    13 October confirmed
    what makes you think that?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Aurosh View Post
    No way they release it in 7 days...
    Yeah, because we totally didn’t have a previous expansion that only gave us a 5 day notice. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    Yeah, because we totally didn’t have a previous expansion that only gave us a 5 day notice. /s
    Today they said the last days are almost upon us. Guess 29th could still be on, but 6th sounds reasonable too. 50/50.

looks like it's the rumoured 13th/14th date

Quote Originally Posted by Cullum View Post
    seeing as brewfest ends october 6th, that would be my guess.

brewfest is on PTR too (pre-patch testing)

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferstwin View Post
    This. They have always given a 2 weeks notice to a season end as far as I can remember, and the end of season falls on prepatch
    Wrong, they have given as little as 8 days notice for end of season. Heck, the most recent season (BFA S3) had 8 days notice given. If this blue post constitutes warning, then it would be 8 days before the 29th.

29th or the 6th is most likely at this point, but my money is still on the 29th.

For those that did it on the beta, how many weeks of content did it feel like?

Quote Originally Posted by sensei- View Post
    Today they said the last days are almost upon us. Guess 29th could still be on, but 6th sounds reasonable too. 50/50.
    I agree, I think they are shooting for the 29th but might not make it so leaving the 6th as an option. They dont want to say 29th then miss it and they dont want to say 6th and have been able to make the 29th. Leaving options open is smart, especially with covid affecting work flow

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by music49 View Post
    From my understanding, it was two. That isnt the problem tho. The problem is that some people might want to do it at a slower pace, some people might want to do it on multiple characters (since the gear is a bit of a catch up mechanic), etc etc. I feel VERY strongly that blizzard WANTS to give us 4 weeks but they aren't sure if they can make it so they left it open in case they need to push it back to the 6th. I firmly believe they are shooting for the 29th still, I will change that opinion if we don't have an announcement by 5pm on Friday.

I forget, did they announce a pre-patch release date last time?

I forget, did they announce a pre-patch release date last time?
    yes, all of them

I'm pretty sure we will see a release candidate this weekend on the PTR; and if there is no major bug it will be either on 29th or as said on 6th. Personally i believe it might be on 29th; this said, it still isn't perfect: there are still broken quests there that weren't fixed since months (Pandaren starting zone conclusion for example)

Starting not to care tbh, but yea it's either next week or the following. I just don't understand why blizz just doesn't say the date. Unless they aren't sure i see no reason why not give a definitive date. Get your fan base excited for a date idk.

Announcing pre-patch today or tomorrow for next week just feels incredibly short. Shorter than it‘s ever been before, with an announcement just 6 days before it will go live.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    there were 2 weeks available on ptr but i always had the feeling there was a 3rd but it never got put on the ptr so probably only two. unless they did internal testing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by newt0n View Post
    Wrong, they have given as little as 8 days notice for end of season. Heck, the most recent season (BFA S3) had 8 days notice given. If this blue post constitutes warning, then it would be 8 days before the 29th.
    well that is now out of the question cause they would've announced it already. but yeah 2 resets = 2 weeks, I expect that we will get an announcement of October 6 in the next couple of days

At this point it's starting to feel like there are internal problems still being resolved with the pre-patch content that is preventing blizzard from going live, but they don't want to admit it publicly quite yet.