Page 9 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It‘s the 24th and they still haven’t said it’s coming best week. I really don’t expect this on the 29th. 6th sounds more and more to be the date.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Well i remember having a dispute that 29th sep is last possible date because it was always at least 4 weeks prepatch. Then he argued that they simply ignore the end of season announcwment etc, but it will be in september.

And yet another week passed by without any progress.

Well i was pretty sure that we would get prepatch on oct 6th. But if nothing happens today or tomorrow, we might be approaching a oct 13th release... which would be really annoying.

29th is off the table. 100% sure now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It‘s the 24th and they still haven’t said it’s coming best week. I really don’t expect this on the 29th. 6th sounds more and more to be the date.
    The BfA prepatch was announced on July 12 for a July 17th release

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aurosh View Post
    Well i remember having a dispute that 29th sep is last possible date because it was always at least 4 weeks prepatch. Then he argued that they simply ignore the end of season announcwment etc, but it will be in september.

Well i was pretty sure that we would get prepatch on oct 6th. But if nothing happens today or tomorrow, we might be approaching a oct 13th release... which would be really annoying.

We already got end of season on monday, if we get prepatch date tomorrow it'll probably be saying the 29th, if we don't get the date tomorrow, expect the 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    So 5 days. As I said in another thread, if we don’t get the announcement by the end of Friday (tomorrow), it’ll be the 6th.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Aurosh View Post

29th is not off the table. It will be 99% off the table tomorrow if we hear nothing and go into the weekend without a known date. They already put the release candidate on the PTR. I can't see them sitting on that for very long. The 6th is looking more and more likely but I think there is still a SMALL chance the 29th is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunternation View Post
    Why would that piss PvPers off? Is there anyone at this point that doesnt realize pre-patch/end of season is coming soon?
    Have you just never played a game with rankings before or what?

Do you fail to understand that you can get knocked from rank 100 to rank 101 at literally any second and need to win more games to get back into the top 100?

This is like "tying your shoes" basic stuff that people seem to be struggling with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    I am hoping this is sarcasm, because you are going to be sorely disappointed if you expect to try the covenants during prepatch....
    Beta typically goes to "open beta" during prepatch, no?
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    probably the 13th of october. they have room for a one week pre patch if they have fallen behind with class design, which they have. so that would increase the likeliness of the 20 day after day.
    in the most extreme situation they could also delay shadowlands.

what we're sure about, is that the pre patch is not really soon yet.
    you know they keep tuning numbers through prepatch and up through heroic week after launch. holding prepatch for that isnt going to change anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    And legion was even shorter with only three days.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Im guessing the announcement they made the other day where they basicall give a "Soon TM" was the 2 week warning for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    what we're sure about, is that the pre patch is not really soon yet.
    Oh really? "We" are sure about that are we? So when Blizzard said 3 days ago that the pre-patch is soon they were wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    It was 4 https://www.wowhead.com/bluetracker?topic=20176410, your point still stands though lol

That means they announced it on a saturday, which is weird.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    Im guessing the announcement they made the other day where they basicall give a "Soon TM" was the 2 week warning for pvp.
    It really isn't a full 2 weeks most often, wod's end of season into legion was 11 days, legions into bfa was 12 (may have reversed those two), 8 days wouldn't be that weird considering its still technically 2 lockouts, though that's the very end of technically lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    ...but also watching people fight over whose guess is better is actually pretty hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Best thing I am taking away from this thread.

Jesus...how can folks get so hostile about "your guess vs my guess" or "OMG Blizzard isn't telling me when the pre-patch to the x-pac comes out that I already decided is going to be the biggest shit evah"
    I am with you two on this. My wife asks why I keep reading this thread. For some reason I am entertained by not just the debate but how angry everyone gets by a different opinion.

The funny thing is that it isn't coming until the 6th so all the people saying the 29th are going to be angry and wrong. Well unless it comes on the 29th and all the people saying the 6th are going to be angry and wrong.

Then I will come back and watch people justify why they weren't really wrong when they actually were wrong. I bet it is Activision's fault... in fact they probably created COVID so we would have more time to play their games. Evil geniuses they are!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    Did we really need another one of these threads?

Nobody knows, most guesses are either 29th or 6th.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...d-on-pre-patch
    I guess we didn't since you linked to this thread
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    I guess we didn't since you linked to this thread
    Further down he explained that he posted that in a thread that was merged into this one, mods apparently are finally cleaning up the 400 prepatch threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    One week of pre-patch is more than enough. Why would you need more time?
    To get those Northrend raredrops with the usual RNG fuckery.

It was 4 https://www.wowhead.com/bluetracker?topic=20176410, your point still stands though lol

It was a Friday, released that next Tuesday.

I am hoping against all hope that we can squeak this pre-patch in on the 29th but the 6th does feel more likely at this point. I have been saying for a while that the 29th is likely and possible, every day that goes by weakens that argument. Tomorrow is literally our last chance for a 29th release. There is evidence for previous pre-patches being announced on a Friday and releasing the very next Tuesday but I now have my doubts
    Last edited by newt0n; 2020-09-24 at 07:27 PM.

as others have said, it its not announced tomorrow its not coming the 29th

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    as others have said, it its not announced tomorrow its not coming the 29th
    I love people that deal in absolutes.. Makes me think back to all of the people who said: "There is absolutely ZERO chance that the expansion gets an october release date." "if it was going to have an October releasd, we'd already have an announcement or at least a pre patch announcement." etc etc etc - 2 weeks after that thread, what do you know.... October release date. lmao

Oh, the laughs i had on the announcement day!

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

It really isn't a full 2 weeks most often, wod's end of season into legion was 11 days, legions into bfa was 12 (may have reversed those two), 8 days wouldn't be that weird considering its still technically 2 lockouts, though that's the very end of technically lol.
    Yeah, i think most people mean 2 resets when they say 2 week. I believe there will have been 2 resets between when they announced "Soon tm" and the 29th right?

I also think that friday is the last day they can announce the patch on the 29th. 1 day before is too short, but as we saw in legion: they still want to decide if they do it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    the other reason I think it's the 6th, aside from Brewfest finishing then, is that is also when the current corruption vendor cycle finishes. and yeah, the vast majority of players are finished with corruption but there are still those out there who will be pushing content right until prepatch and who want that final lot of corruptions from Friday 2nd to Tuesday 6th October
    I still don't know why people think that cycle was official. The only things I've ever found have been the spreadsheets which use formulas to calculate the date but were NOT written by Blizzard staff. I think I saw posts on Wowhead too that listed dates for it, but they were only counting until October in the first place (long before the date would have even been decided by Blizzard).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sys01 View Post
    Usually, Blizzard gives a 2-week notice before any pre-patch releases. Since we didn't get anything by now I'll have to guess that the pre-patch landing in September has pretty much gone, which means that we may have an October 6-7 pre-patch. But then again it's all just speculation, from my side at least.
    Honestly, I think they are counting all the emails and posts about the end is coming soon, as Notice of impending pre patch. Its going to be one of the next 2 Tuesdays. Sept 29 or Oct 6.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG