Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn20 View Post
    I still don't know why people think that cycle was official. The only things I've ever found have been the spreadsheets which use formulas to calculate the date but were NOT written by Blizzard staff. I think I saw posts on Wowhead too that listed dates for it, but they were only counting until October in the first place (long before the date would have even been decided by Blizzard).
    um because it was an in game cycle..... the vendor has 52 corruptions, 13 a week - week split into two 6 & 7

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    Any word on the pre-patch?
    Answer: for the last few days, the most popular question in general chat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    To get those Northrend raredrops with the usual RNG fuckery.
    and to get it on every single one of my alts (the bag :/ )

Wish they'd release it already, no reason not to. I don't care about the prepatch event but I want the class updates.

Blizzard has never officially declared the patch date.
    People always use the 2weeks PvP as a sign.

This time is different.
    If Blizzard declares on Sept 29. The patch will be on Oct 13. That is too late.

Quote Originally Posted by newt0n View Post
    It was a Friday, released that next Tuesday.

I am hoping against all hope that we can squeak this pre-patch in on the 29th but the 6th does feel more likely at this point. I have been saying for a while that the 29th is likely and possible, every day that goes by weakens that argument. Tomorrow is literally our last chance for a 29th release. There is evidence for previous pre-patches being announced on a Friday and releasing the very next Tuesday but I now have my doubts
    You're right, it was 5 days and my brain is broken.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Blizzard has never officially declared the patch date.
    People always use the 2weeks PvP as a sign.

This time is different.
    If Blizzard declares on Sept 29. The patch will be on Oct 13. That is too late.
    They already put out the "2 week"

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    You're right, it was 5 days and my brain is broken.

- - - Updated - - -

They already put out the "2 week"
    I always found it funny that mostly PVP players always say THERE HAS TO BE A 2 WEEK NOTICE!.. Like you need it? you know the expansion release date and you know you only have so much time to do everything, and if you waited this long to get things done, that is on you. We have had more than enough notices, the Background Downloader, the posts, the email, which is more than enough, to be honest, lol. I think we will get an announcement tomorrow with a release on the 29th.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthzull View Post
    I think we will get an announcement tomorrow with a release on the 29th.
    It would not surprise me in the slightest

I want the 29th but realistically I am thinking it will be the 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Beta typically goes to "open beta" during prepatch, no?
    Nope. WoW has never had an open beta.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by newt0n View Post
    29th is not off the table. It will be 99% off the table tomorrow if we hear nothing and go into the weekend without a known date. They already put the release candidate on the PTR. I can't see them sitting on that for very long. The 6th is looking more and more likely but I think there is still a SMALL chance the 29th is possible.
    They aren't going to implement the level squish in the middle of the world event with a queueable boss in it.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post

- - - Updated - - -

They aren't going to implement the level squish in the middle of the world event with a queueable boss in it.
    Shadowlands Xpax and Hallows End say hi! lol, does not matter, if they can release the xpac during a larger event with a queueable boss they can release pre-patch so your logic means nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Two week prepatch event... unlikely

The squish shouldn't effect the brewfest boss or loot.

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    as others have said, it its not announced tomorrow its not coming the 29th
    Precedent is out the window because the pre-patch comes out 4 weeks before the expansion as often as two weeks notice is give for end of PvP season.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthzull View Post
    Shadowlands Xpax and Hallows End say hi! lol, does not matter, if they can release the xpac during a larger event with a queueable boss they can release pre-patch so your logic means nothing.
    You didn't even read my logic. When Shadowlands releases, the level squish will already been implemented before Hallow's End begins and have been running for weeks. With Pre-patch, you will shrink from 120 to 50 right in the middle of Brewfest. You see the massive difference?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirPiken View Post

The squish shouldn't effect the brewfest boss or loot.
    So you are saying that squishing from 120-50 is going to go flawlessly for that queueable boss? They already bork power scaling every time they squish so there is absolutely no reason this will all of a sudden go flawlessly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirPiken View Post

The squish shouldn't effect the Brewfest boss or loot.
    October the 6th would be a 3 week pre-patch event. Brewfest would end when the servers go down. They wouldn't have to touch Brewfest until next year that way.

You didn't even read my logic. When Shadowlands releases, the level squish will already been implemented before Hallow's End begins and have been running for weeks. With Pre-patch, you will shrink from 120 to 50 right in the middle of Brewfest. You see the massive difference?

- - - Updated - - -

So you are saying that squishing from 120-50 is going to go flawlessly for that queueable boss? They already bork power scaling every time they squish so there is absolutely no reason this will all of a sudden go flawlessly.

- - - Updated - - -

October the 6th would be a 3 week pre-patch event. Brewfest would end when the servers go down. They wouldn't have to touch Brewfest until next year that way.
    October 6th would not be a 3 week prepatch.
    www.twitch.tv/rtrain

Free Agent! Looking for Guild for Legion!

I'm guessing either next monday or the monday thereafter. If it's going to be 3 weeks at the very least, October 5th is exactly 3 weeks until release day. SO... here's to hoping they give us 4 weeks of zombies, customization, new starting areas & leveling, and preparation for the 3 day lag-party. :P

With there being 2 pre-patch updates this week so far I am almost certain it will be the 29th blizzard has also warned like 3 times taht the end of the season is coming soon so people have know it is almost over well in advanced.
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

PTR has Brewfest with the level squish so again no logic there. Pre-Patch is launching 29th mark my words!

Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    like 3 times taht the end of the season is coming soon so people have know it is almost over well in advanced.
    I've not seen even one such warning - even though I've searched.

Care to provide a link ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.