Page 16 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adalwolf View Post
    Considering we are on September 25th already and we still got no word about when the pre-patch will hit, and considering they are obligated to give a two weeks warning on PvP Season end, my guess is that the pre-patch will hit only at October 13th, which would make it the shortest pre-patch ever.
    You had the end of Season warning, they don't give a specific date for the final Season of the expansion, just like they didn't last expansion.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...he-post-season This was your end of expansion 'Season Announcement' last expansion, 7 days before the pre-patch official date was announced, and 12 days total before the pre-patch hit.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...xpansion-patch This is your end of expansion 'Season Announcement' for this expansion, 5 days ago, what is I'm assuming now likely to be 15 days before the pre-patch hits. Which means we'll likely see an official announcement for pre-patch being October 6th next week, unless something is announced in the next hour or two.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arthzull View Post
    It won't be the 13th, we had our season end warning already, if we get no announcement tomorrow then it will 100% be the 6th.
    Why tomorrow? Friday work day ends in like an hour for them? They're not going to announce on a weekend. I mean nothing is stopping them from doing it but Blizzard are well known and documented for doing nothing on weekends in terms of announcements/development/hotfixes.

I can promise you...the prepatch will be after September 24th.

Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    You had the end of Season warning, they don't give a specific date for the final Season of the expansion, just like they didn't last expansion.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...he-post-season This was your end of expansion 'Season Announcement' last expansion, 7 days before the pre-patch official date was announced, and 12 days total before the pre-patch hit.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...xpansion-patch This is your end of expansion 'Season Announcement' for this expansion, 5 days ago, what is I'm assuming now likely to be 15 days before the pre-patch hits. Which means we'll likely see an official announcement for pre-patch being October 6th next week, unless something is announced in the next hour or two.

- - - Updated - - -

Why tomorrow? Friday work day ends in like an hour for them? They're not going to announce on a weekend. I mean nothing is stopping them from doing it but Blizzard are well known and documented for doing nothing on weekends in terms of announcements/development/hotfixes.
    Wishful thinking I guess lol, and with COVID and people working from home you never know.

The sky box in storming just went wild.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmak View Post
    What are you even talking about? lol

The what, now?

What does that even mean lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friskyrum View Post
    What does that even mean lol
    Pretty sure he meant the skybox in Stormwind went crazy (as in the sky) ...I thought maybe something was up cause in Org there is a Shadowlands quest that randomly appeared and disappeared, maybe that's connected to the skybox phenomena

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Pretty sure he meant the skybox in Stormwind went crazy (as in the sky) ...I thought maybe something was up cause in Org there is a Shadowlands quest that randomly appeared and disappeared, maybe that's connected to the skybox phenomena
    On what server? I don't see anyone else talking about it on my server or even the WoW forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Friskyrum View Post
    On what server? I don't see anyone else talking about it on my server or even the WoW forums.
    Probably Dadgar, they went back to the past over there.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    The 6th is the day
    I wouldn’t say it’s 100% the 6th, but that’s looking like the smart way to bet.

Shortest pre-patch ever, but oh well. We'll find out for sure with the maintenance message in a day or 2. (or a couple days after that if it does/n't drop)

Not sure if it helps but they just pushed an update to the PTR.

So, we may see the shortest pre-patch in WoW history for Shadowlands.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    Shortest pre-patch ever, but oh well. We'll find out for sure with the maintenance message in a day or 2. (or a couple days after that if it does/n't drop)
    Blizzard very historically don't announce anything or release anything on weekends, the earliest we'll find out now is Monday morning, and I would doubt significantly that would come with a pre patch being less than 24 hours away.

I'm 99% sure September 29th can be ruled out now - although this year has been a wild one so.

Blizzard very historically don't announce anything or release anything on weekends, the earliest we'll find out now is Monday morning, and I would doubt significantly that would come with a pre patch being less than 24 hours away.

I'm 99% sure September 29th can be ruled out now - although this year has been a wild one so.
    I'm noting the ones we get in the launcher/splash. I typically get those maintenance messages on weekends. If it says something like "down for maintenance from 7am - 1pm" then it's likely we're getting prepatch then.

15+ Year Old Account
    PTR, Beta & Classic all just received some small patch updates, including a new PTR build that is no longer flagged as release.

Considering they announced Legion Prepatch THREE days before it came to live. They can still announce the date during the weekend. It's not uncalled for.
    They've already announced the pvp seasons ending soon. It's all just courtesy.

It literally could be anyones guess.

Edit: oop i quoted the wrong person by mistake.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakaryy View Post
    Considering they announced Legion Prepatch THREE days before it came to live. They can still announce the date during the weekend. It's not uncalled for.
    They've already announced the pvp seasons ending soon. It's all just courtesy.

It literally could be anyones guess.

Edit: oop i quoted the wrong person by mistake.
    Legion Pre-Patch came with an 11 day notice.
    BfA Pre-Patch came with a 5 day notice.

To be specific if it was September 29th and the notice was the same time as BfA notice, it would have been 3 hours ago we were notified.

Man, I can't believe the 29th is pretty much toast by all usual trends now. I mean I'm grateful for another week before prepatch busy-ness to try for Void edge, and a WoD timewalking vendor for some of my deeper alts to go from two handers to dual weilding, but those are literally the only upsides of this uncommonly close pre-patch!

(Really I just want the customization overhaul, but I REALLY want it, you know?)

Legion Pre-Patch came with an 11 day notice.
    BfA Pre-Patch came with a 5 day notice.

To be specific if it was September 29th and the notice was the same time as BfA notice, it would have been 3 hours ago we were notified.
    Wrong
    Legions prepatch was announced on the 15th July 2016. It came out on the 19th July 2016. Idk about you but that's not 11days.
    I say 3 days but it's more like 4.

Bfa was 5days, yes
    Wod was 4days.
    I actually have no clue about ones before that.