Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakaryy View Post
    Wrong
    Legions prepatch was announced on the 15th July 2016. It came out on the 19th July 2016. Idk about you but that's not 11days.
    I say 3 days but it's more like 4.

Bfa was 5days, yes
    Wod was 4days.
    I actually have no clue about ones before that.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...rrives-july-19

There is the pre-patch announcement for Legion, dated July 8th, 11 days before it was released on July 19th.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...oth-october-14

There is the pre-patch announcement for WoD, dated October 9th, 5 days before it was released on October 14th.

Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...rrives-july-19

There is the pre-patch announcement for Legion, dated July 8th, 11 days before it was released on July 19th.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...oth-october-14

There is the pre-patch announcement for WoD, dated October 9th, 5 days before it was released on October 14th.
    That article was actually published on the 15th though. As seen here
    Not sure why it says the 8th? The 8th was when they announced the pvp seasons end.. and they didnt announce them the same day.

Looking back at older posts and articles, there's some dated after the 8th and there's no definitive date for the Prepatch.

Legions prepatch was announced on the 15th. Bet.

Edit: Wowhead posts, 15th (check the comments with the short notice)
    Youtube videos with the announcements, 15th
    Bluepost on forums, 15th (deleted now)
    Last edited by Zakaryy; 2020-09-26 at 02:08 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakaryy View Post
    That article was actually published on the 15th though. As seen here
    Not sure why it says the 8th? The 8th was when they announced the pvp seasons end.. and they didnt announce them the same day.

Looking back at older posts and articles, there's some dated after the 8th and there's no definitive date for the Prepatch.

Legions prepatch was announced on the 15th. Bet.

Edit: Wowhead posts, 15th (check the comments with the short notice)
    Youtube videos with the announcements, 15th
    Bluepost on forums, 15th (deleted now)
    I assume they had just updated that 8th of July post. You're correct in that sense then.

Forgive my confusion because in my head I was thinking a 5 day announcement meant a Friday announcement date (I'm EU player, so a Friday announcement for me would mean pre-patch is 5 days away since we get things on Wednesdays).

The point I've been trying to make is that they don't historically announce things on the weekend and whilst Legion was a 4 day announcement, that was still announced on a Friday, I was just getting confused because again, in my head a 5 day announcement for me is a Friday announcement.

Even then though that's not 3 days before, it's 4 days before and more importantly, on the Friday - which we've now surpassed. Not technically, but in the sense I don't think 7:17pm is part of their work day time frame. Meaning I don't see them making an announcement about the pre-patch until the earliest of 9am their time on Monday, which would be a 24 hour notice. I mean it's possible, I just don't personally see it.

As well as a new PTR build being pushed recently that has removed the release flag. It's possible they were going to release on September 29th but something has gone wrong they're trying to fix and it's now getting pushed back a week but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    I assume they had just updated that 8th of July post. You're correct in that sense then.

Forgive my confusion because in my head I was thinking a 5 day announcement meant a Friday announcement date (I'm EU player, so a Friday announcement for me would mean pre-patch is 5 days away since we get things on Wednesdays).

The point I've been trying to make is that they don't historically announce things on the weekend and whilst Legion was a 4 day announcement, that was still announced on a Friday, I was just getting confused because again, in my head a 5 day announcement for me is a Friday announcement.

Even then though that's not 3 days before, it's 4 days before and more importantly, on the Friday - which we've now surpassed. Not technically, but in the sense I don't think 7:17pm is part of their work day time frame. Meaning I don't see them making an announcement about the pre-patch until the earliest of 9am their time on Monday, which would be a 24 hour notice. I mean it's possible, I just don't personally see it.

As well as a new PTR build being pushed recently that has removed the release flag. It's possible they were going to release on September 29th but something has gone wrong they're trying to fix and it's now getting pushed back a week but who knows.
    Could be the dadgar issues giving them fits, hopefully they can get them sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    I'm noting the ones we get in the launcher/splash. I typically get those maintenance messages on weekends. If it says something like "down for maintenance from 7am - 1pm" then it's likely we're getting prepatch then.
    They’ve done far longer maintenance cycles especially the past few weeks. That means nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Yep looks like it's been delayed, possible delay on the expansion as well, although nothing announced.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Yep looks like it's been delayed, possible delay on the expansion as well, although nothing announced.
    Wrong. /10char

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    Ah yes, just like all the people betting that "Fall" meant December loool
    Except we're not talking months or seasons, you said an exact date.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pre-Patch went from Release Candidate to Test.

Check out WoWhead, where they have more than 1 person working the news desk
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Pre-Patch went from Release Candidate to Test.

Check out WoWhead, where they have more than 1 person working the news desk
    and where they say "we have no idea what this means".

what it means is that its not releasing on the 29th. the 6th is another story. have to wait and see.

15+ Year Old Account
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...mber-29/655687

Confident in saying now pre-patch is certainly not happening on September 29th.

fall literally meant december, they said "sometime during fall" not "last day of fall"
    it coming out in october does not disprove the fact that december is still technically fall.

Fall doesnt end until December 21 loool.

Yes...

Bird.

--- snip ---

Edit: Wow at the lack of sense of humor. Pretty sad.
    Pre-patch date flew like a bird. Bird is the word.
    Somehow off-topic. XD
    Google it and have fun, unlike some miserable people.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-09-26 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Removed Unrelated Video

Yep. Pre-patch is now slated for October 6th. 29th of September is out the window.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahyl View Post
    Not sure if it helps but they just pushed an update to the PTR.

So, we may see the shortest pre-patch in WoW history for Shadowlands.
    Doesnt look good yea:

"Blizzard has pushed a late-night update to PTR and Beta that didn't bring any noticeable changes to the game, however, this build removed PTR client's Release flag, which was added in this week's build."

Quote Originally Posted by Kahyl View Post
    Yep. Pre-patch is now slated for October 6th. 29th of September is out the window.
    At this point pretty much, especially with the PTR Change.

I think they had it all lined up for the 29th but that server bug may have set them back a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    No chance, that would be the worst PR disaster they've had, it's way too close to launch, vacations have been locked in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arthzull View Post
    At this point pretty much, especially with the PTR Change.

I think they had it all lined up for the 29th but that server bug may have set them back a bit.
    Yea, no way the could have launched prepatch with Dadgar fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    No chance, that would be the worst PR disaster they've had, it's way too close to launch, vacations have been locked in.
    Ya no way Xpac is delayed.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as I know, they are still working on it.
    Last edited by Arthzull; 2020-09-26 at 04:19 AM.

15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think the expansion will be delayed, but and I mean this in the nicest way possible, Blizzard really don't care about people booking time off work and vacation etc to play their game.

The likelihood they wanted to delay the game and chose not to on the ethical concern of "Some people have booked the expansion launch off work" is borderline 0. If they game needs delaying in their eyes, it needs delaying. No player ethical concern will prevent that. (See: Warcraft 3 Reforged).