Page 35 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Personally I have a hard time believing 13th. Even if the actual pre-patch content is like only two weeks worth of it, a week of padding is probably preferable.
    Arent there supposed to be 3 weeks of prepatch content in the event?

It seems unlikely its gonna release tonight/tomorrow but i still think the most likely is next week if not today

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elise the Seeker View Post
    no clue why they released shadowlands date when the game still seems so unfinished. they wouldve been better off keeping it hidden until they were sure things would go well.
    What seems to be so unfinnished?
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elise the Seeker View Post
    no clue why they released shadowlands date when the game still seems so unfinished. they wouldve been better off keeping it hidden until they were sure things would go well.
    Bean counting most likely. They are losing too many subs, so they need to set a date where they can get lots of pre-orders and subs to maintain cash flows.

As for making sure things would go well, it would be worthwhile to remember that the best / better regarded expansions were rolled out less than 2 years after the previous expansion. Wrath, MoP, and Legion were all rolled out less than two years after BC, Cata, and WoD. With the currently planned release date, Shadowlands is already the longest worked expansion in WoW history.

So it isn't strictly time that is the issue, is it? Blizz clearly isn't putting many resources into the expansion. Blizz management needs to fix their cheap attitude for things to get better...not starve the development process and keep delaying things.

inb4 we don't get pre-patch release date info today. Gonna be the shortest pre-patch in game history at this rate. Big sad.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Bean counting most likely. They are losing too many subs, so they need to set a date where they can get lots of pre-orders and subs to maintain cash flows.

As for making sure things would go well, it would be worthwhile to remember that the best / better regarded expansions were rolled out less than 2 years after the previous expansion. Wrath, MoP, and Legion were all rolled out less than two years after BC, Cata, and WoD. With the currently planned release date, Shadowlands is already the longest worked expansion in WoW history.

So it isn't strictly time that is the issue, is it? Blizz clearly isn't putting many resources into the expansion. Blizz management needs to fix their cheap attitude for things to get better...not starve the development process and keep delaying things.
    dont forget about COVID-19

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    They have been taking pre-orders basically since Blizzcon. So, this is utterly false.

Correlation does not = causation.

ANd yo know that how? Show me your link listing how much resources they used in BFA and how much they have been using in Shadowlands. Because, based on you admitting that this has been worked on far longer than BFA, that means they are using MORE resources, not less. If they were using less, the game would already be out.

we already know that blizzard moved all their best developers to mobile games, as confirmed at blizzcon diablo immortals annoucement

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post

It seems unlikely its gonna release tonight/tomorrow but i still think the most likely is next week if not today

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, two weeks last I checked.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    we already know that blizzard moved all their best developers to mobile games, as confirmed at blizzcon diablo immortals annoucement
    Fake news... where did they say Blizzard developers are developing this game? While you are getting this source make sure it says that "the best" blizzard developers are doing this

Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    There are some claims prepatch is actually being uploaded on US servers right now. Any1 can confirm this?
    where do these rumors come from?

Looking like only 3 weeks of pre-patch, and more disappointingly, 1 more week of BFA

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Prepatch week event is a 2 week event so it starts october 13th. That's the last possible date to release it for them without delaying SL.

Today is impossible (honestly, how can people STILL believe it could happen today?). October 6th is my favorite for now. But this means they either announce it until friday or they dont plan to release it next week too.

Quote Originally Posted by kflay View Post
    towelliee streamer trying to stay relevent

Quote Originally Posted by kflay View Post
    The internet. AFAIK that random guy (streamer) in internet would never lie to me, would he?

Quote Originally Posted by Aurosh View Post
    Whatfor do you need gear? This is more like a gimmick in prepatch.

You will have 3 weeks for that. You can level up from 1 to 50 in probably 3-4 hours. For leveling, you wont need it as i did it on a few non geared chars now and yes, the first quests arent that easy for some specs, but you gear up extremely fast anyways.
    The record is 10-50 in 5 hours so I very much doubt that.

What I've played on Beta shadowlands is extremely stingy with dropping gear from questing. Getting a few extra pieces will significantly smooth out levelling for your first character. After that you have access to adventure mode and can do worldquests for ilvl 151 gear, which is 20 ilvls higher than the highest quest drops before 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    Looking like only 3 weeks of pre-patch, and more disappointingly, 1 more week of BFA
    It'll still be BFA even with the prepatch

10+ Year Old Account
    SoonTM

^10char
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Can we have one day without some thread about prepatch date, its obviously the 29th/30th at this point.
    Well, that aged pretty well didn't it?

3 weeks for pre-patch seems like not enough to me, I don't think it has ever been that short.
    It's more than most pre-patches need to get most people who aren't 2 hours a week bottom feeders through what content there is. It's a rehashed scourge invasion with some icecrown stuff. Pretending that it needs some month and a half, month or more than 2 weeks to run it's content dry doesn't really make any sense.

I've seen more conspiracy theories in here these last few days than in Twitter. People are reaching so much for the prepatch that I no longer know what's true here.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    towelliee streamer trying to stay relevent
    Look, dislike the guy just as much as most on here, but pretending that it has to do with staying relevant when he's still pretty relevant in the space only makes you seem like what you probably are. Just another petty MMO-C Boomer clinging on to their loosing relevancy on the MMO Market.

Quote Originally Posted by Alessandro Silva View Post
    I've seen more conspiracy theories in here these last few days than in Twitter
    So 5G antennas are not delaying pre-patch?!