Page 38 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    I mean this in the nicest way possible, given this is the internet. However, Blizzard literally do not care people may have taken time off work. If they feel the game needs delaying, they'd delay it.

For what it's worth I don't think they'd ever delay at this point, although I think they should.
    I wish this was true, but as we have seen with BfA, they certainly do not delay an unfinished producr anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    Exactly how it should be. Glad they're finally learning.
    They clearly aren't if they deleted it already lol

It screams "mistake"

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    people complain about blizzard rushing out things and not caring about quality anymore talking about old blizz bla bla bla bla and now when they tweet like their old days "its ready when its ready" people freak the fuck out and want them to rush it out as soon as possible

you guys really do have some serious issues
    The Blizzard of today is not the Blizzard that used the MO you describe. People complained about the Azerite system throughout the BFA beta and they made no attempts to fix it. We already know the release date for Shadowlands so asking for a date on the pre-patch is not unreasonable. There's nothing to "rush out" in the prepatch either because it's an event they've reused twice already and the level squish already present in Shadowlands beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay667b View Post
    The Blizzard of today is not the Blizzard that used the MO you describe. People complained about the Azerite system throughout the BFA beta and they made no attempts to fix it. We already know the release date for Shadowlands so asking for a date on the pre-patch is not unreasonable. There's nothing to "rush out" in the prepatch either because it's an event they've reused twice already and the level squish already present in Shadowlands beta.
    Prepatch dates for bfa and legion were announced 4 days ahead of time.

If we don't have one Friday, then it's actually something to get upset over

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    The longer it takes for prepatch to hit, the more worried i get about this expansion
    Why? I get more optimistic, as that makes more sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jay667b View Post
    Some people complained about it. The majority didn't have any problems with azerite gear. Blizzard shouldn't change things around the vocal minority.

Lmao quickly deleting tweets. They are in panic mode. I bet they're currently busy coming up with a nice corporate speak explanation for the delay of the expac.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I wish this was true, but as we have seen with BfA, they certainly do not delay an unfinished producr anymore.
    Since there is no thing as a finishied game in 2020, there is nothing to delay really.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    I just don't udnerstand why Blizzard don't come out and just say what's the current situation; when they estmate stuff to happen. Even if pre-patch is launched 1-2 weeks off from the general expectations of the community, it's still better than knowing absolutely no detail whatsoever on its date...
    Because the players have proven they cannot act like adults if things change. IF they give a time and it isn't met, there will be whining players all over the place accusing Blizzard of being lairs or saying "Bliz, you promised on this date...".

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowroxxor View Post
    Lmao quickly deleting tweets. They are in panic mode. I bet they're currently busy coming up with a nice corporate speak explanation for the delay of the expac.
    They won't delay it. Stop spreading false information. You end up confusing people. But I guess that's the goal or?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Because the players have proven they cannot act like adults if things change. IF they give a time and it isn't met, there will be whining players all over the place accusing Blizzard of being lairs or saying "Bliz, you promised on this date...".
    This is true. "Blizzard! You promised! We trused you! We had a verbal contract!"

No, they didn't :P

Quote Originally Posted by Arthzull View Post
    I guarantee the pre-patch launch is September 29th.
    It's the 29th. Where is the Pre-patch?
    Last edited by rrayy; 2020-09-29 at 06:14 PM.

The funniest thing of this whole drama is that now people somehow assume the late prepatch release means a delay of SL release...what? Why? How?
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Deleting one tweet now = panic mode? People will spin anything for their anti-Blizzard narrative.

Not saying its impossible for them to delay the expansion but Blizzard is very careful about announcing things without being VERY confident they can make that date. Unless something major has set them back a long ways, I wouldn't bet on a delay to the expansion release. Here's the thing, they have (if the pre-patch comes Oct 6) 3 weeks of pre-patch and then 2 weeks of "launch" to really iron out the wrinkles. Both of these periods are non competitive periods where they can apply weekly patches to finalize everything. Not to mention that I am sure they gave themselves some leeway with the expansion release date, not like Covid-19 was a surprise to us AFTER they announced the release date, they knew the limitations of their work flow long before they announced that release date. I don't expect a delay, just a short pre-patch.

As for that tweet. Soon(tm) has become notorious for meaning a long time. So much so that a Blizzard employee even once posted "Not Soon(tm)" and clarified that he meant not long. This post did not convey what Blizzard has planned, obviously, and was promptly removed.

Referenced blue post: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...march-1/113138

People need to seriously stop this "delayed expansion" sillyness. Its not going to happen.

Spreading false information based on nothing does no godo other than making people confused and endless pointless discussion about something which is not the case.

Stop assuming things you can't know is a good rule on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    The funniest thing of this whole drama is that now people somehow assume the late prepatch release means a delay of SL release...what? Why? How?
    because " THE PREPATCH NEVER LASTED LESS THAN 4 WEEKS AND IT IS AN IMMUABLE TRADITION THAT CANT POSSIBLY EVER CHANGE"

15+ Year Old Account
    Whoah now. What am I missing here? What tweets?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnosh View Post
    It was one tweet, not plural like the post you quoted would make you think. It simply said "Soon(tm) its ready when its ready" in reference to when the prepatch is coming. They promptly removed that tweet and nobody really knows why, so all of the intellectuals in this thread are back to tell us why their hair-brained reason is more likely than our logical ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    didn't the BfA pre-patch come out two weeks before the release of BFA?

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    didn't the BfA pre-patch come out two weeks before the release of BFA?
    Battle for Azeroth - 4 weeks of pre-patch
    Pre-patch: July 17, 2018
    War of the Thorns event: July 24, 2018
    Expansion launch: August 14, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnosh View Post
    The WOW twitter acccount deleted one tweet that was a response to a question about when pre-patch was going to hit. It said "Soon. It will be ready when it is ready". IT was basically a joke tweet based on a long time BLizzard lline and it was deleted.