Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    So you have absolutely no idea what’s going on but you are detesting what I said with the usual mmoc passion “omg I must really tell this one off”.

Where is your counter argument apart from “no you are wrong”.

Let’s see now:
    1. SL introduces ray tracing aka quality shadows and other graphics for people who don’t play wow on their dad’s old pc.
    2. It is completely unprecedented to break a launch so close to launch when everyone (including them) says the game is ready.
    3. All that being said, we never had a launch so close to so many other launches.
    4. The delay fits COMFORTABLY the o introduction of medium cards like 3070 which are the bread and butter of those who want to play wow decently.
    5. No specific date for launch was given (I wonder why for such a finished product).

If they launch SL and it plays fine on dad’s toaster many many people won’t upgrade. What you think game companies and hardware companies don’t collaborate? And what is ray tracing in wow then blizzards interest to show us better shadows?

Feel free to come back and discuss but don’t bring that stupid attitude of just saying no and running away.
    1. Not required to play Shadowlands
    2. It's not ready, they even sent out emails saying it wasn't ready and offered refunds.
    3. Coincidence does not equal collaboration
    4. See #3
    5. See #2

They need their product to work on as many machines as possible, not the people that can afford to buy the latest hardware. If WoW had such strict requirements, it would not have the staying power that it currently does. Ray tracing is a "nice to have", not a requirement.

Yes the “oh look SL will have raytracing” bait was not a “buy some Nvidia GPUs already” and then when the Nvidia GPUs are out of stock there is a comfortable delay that matches perfectly with restocking of cards globally.

Btw watch how they won’t launch late November to not cross paths with Cyberpunk and have the least attended launch ever.

All that being said while the “recommended” GPU for running SL became a 2080S aka same price as buying a 3080 which is currently out of stock.

I don’t complain btw it’s a fair trade practice in my eyes and makes sense. Companies gain from each other like that it’s not a bad thing.
    You're wrong. Here are the recommended system requirements for Shadowlands: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/256565

Where does it list the 2080S?

Just because a game supports a feature on a video card, doesn't make it a requirement. Here's the Fortnite system requirements as an example ... they have ray tracing, why isn't a ray tracing card on their recommended system requirements?

Cyberpunk 2077, despite boasting tons of RTX effects, does not list an RTX card as a requirement.

15+ Year Old Account
    You and I are not important enough to get the real explanation.
    As it stands, there are too many “coincidences” aligning so my guess is as good as any.

As a business strategy it is clear that the collaboration with Nvidia has a lot to do with stalling the launch.

And while you are not required to play wow in anything better than your good old toaster, there’s a lot of people like me who have the budget to afford the shit you deem “not necessary in order to play”.

Well guess what buddy, for some of us it’s necessary to play at ultra 4K with 144hz and we are the ones feeding game companies and hardware companies. They can’t tell you we matter more to them because God forbid that would hurt your feelings, but I don’t care about how you feel and so here I am breaking the news to you.

Now if you really want to convince yourself that SL was “unfinished” sure good ahead and I will keep thinking that it’s because my 3090 is still in the mail. No harm no foul.
    I'm mind blown you're some how making a connection between the NVidia situation and Shadowlands launch.

Shadowlands isn't ready. It hasn't ever been ready. It's well documented, well publicised and well noted that if it launched as it is today it would be an absolute shit show of an expansion. Blizzard have admitted it. Tons of players have seen it on beta.

Next you'll be telling me it's delayed because Ion Hazzikostas wants to take his kid trick or treating on Halloween so he delayed the expansion to accommodate that. Absolutely absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Die View Post
    Unless you work for Blizzard, you do not know this.
    ACtually they said they did. They said all the way back when this pandemic started that they had a little bump when getting everyone to work from home but where back on track. SO, unless you are going to call Blizzard a liar from saying that back then, than I do know, because they said it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    Shadowlands isn't ready. It hasn't ever been ready. It's well documented, well publicised and well noted that if it launched as it is today it would be an absolute shit show of an expansion. Blizzard have admitted it. Tons of players have seen it on beta.
    Blizzard never said anything like that other than it is not ready. They were deliberately vague on what they meant so you cannot calim it would have been a shitshow if released on time. For all you know, they could release the expansion on time and be completely OK, but they simply aren't comfortable enough to risk it.

I'm mind blown you're some how making a connection between the NVidia situation and Shadowlands launch.

Next you'll be telling me it's delayed because Ion Hazzikostas wants to take his kid trick or treating on Halloween so he delayed the expansion to accommodate that. Absolutely absurd.

No, no, it's because of nvidia. lol. He's clearly trolling, but in case he's not...

As it stands, there are too many “coincidences” aligning so my guess is as good as any.
    Please talk to us about UFOs, aliens and the flat Earth. Too many coincidences there too. What are they hiding from us? I want to learn.

All that being said while the “recommended” GPU for running SL became a 2080S aka same price as buying a 3080 which is currently out of stock.
    Where do you get this? Recommended is a 1080 but will run on a 760

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/256565
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    Meanwhile, Blizzard Devs are developing a whole expansion from their homes, something that I'm sure they never did before, and I'm sure it's a lot more impactful than just wearing a mask.
    ON the ri computer. Where the computer is located does not make a huge difference that would cause a delay. THe only thing that is different is communication with the rest of the team, but that is what Zoom is for. is it dfferent, yes? Is it something that makes a super duper impact that could cause an indefinite delay on release? No. They are delaying it because of their incompetence, not because they had to work from home.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    ACtually they said they did. They said all the way back when this pandemic started that they had a little bump when getting everyone to work from home but where back on track. SO, unless you are going to call Blizzard a liar from saying that back then, than I do know, because they said it.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard never said anything like that other than it is not ready. They were deliberately vague on what they meant so you cannot calim it would have been a shitshow if released on time. For all you know, they could release the expansion on time and be completely OK, but they simply aren't comfortable enough to risk it.
    I do know that, because I've worked in video game design & development for several years and can see the glaring errors that have been made from a mile off.

I do know that, because I've worked in video game design & development for several years and can see the glaring errors that have been made from a mile off.
    You are only making an educated guess. Unless you work inside Blizzard and see what they see and how they see it, you don't know anything.

Also, it is very easy to claim you work in game design and development. It reeks of being BS just to try to validate an opinion.

15+ Year Old Account
    You are only making an educated guess. Unless you work inside Blizzard and see what they see and how they see it, you don't know anything.

Also, it is very easy to claim you work in game design and development. It reeks of being BS just to try to validate an opinion.
    How can I prove to you I work in game design and development?

- - - Updated - - -

https://i.gyazo.com/fbfcd5a2d595370e...d5cc6d9805.png

https://i.gyazo.com/65928d6935712718...fa700af6dd.png

https://i.gyazo.com/3fe647e8b7f32442...715373d6e3.png

https://i.gyazo.com/a3fdc1c85f83041e...065fa68cae.png

Here's some screenshots that show information from a git repository of a game I work on - without disclosing confidential information.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's some screenshots that show information from a git repository of a game I work on - without disclosing confidential information.
    I would fire someone who's commit messages are "upsss".

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone can copy/paste images and claim they work on that.

Anyone can claim anything on the internet. That is why I don't take any claim with anything more than a pinch of salt,especially with people claiming they just happen to be game developers in a WoW thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone can copy/paste images and claim they work on that.

Anyone can claim anything on the internet. That is why I don't take any claim with anything more than a pinch of salt,especially with people claiming they just happen to be game developers in a WoW thread.
    Yet those images exist no-where on the internet except right here in this thread.

Some people's predictions were wrong, no biggie. We all should though want a good experience with the expansion, and I'm glad they are prioritizing that. We can wait, we wont die. I sincerely doubt all the census on delaying was erroneous by the testers.
    Last edited by m4zz0928; 2020-10-02 at 01:53 PM.

Hold on are you talking about that same expansion that was ANNOUNCED to launch on 27/10?

Because it is my understanding that when you are announcing an expansion you are dead serious and that has been the case for 16 years.

And then we had the GPU shitshow and somehow the launch was indefinitely postponed but I am crazy and everything else makes sense.

I don’t see why you are so aggravated by my opinion either it’s just my fucking opinion. If you don’t agree, move on we don’t have to agree you know.
    Actually they announced it, it was basically always rushed and then they fixed the expansions (or at least tried) in X.1, X.1.5 and X.2 before moving to next XPAC.

This time around it looked just as broken and unbalanced as BFA. And first impressions count so once players stop rushing to max level and the hype is over, they might see so much unfinished, unbalanced stuff that SL could be perceived as another BFA.

You can look at Warcraft 3 Reforged. People were hyped, then they released - and it completely backfired. If Shadowlands is supposed to improve the reputation, they just cannot again release a game in a disastrous state in hope they can fix it 5 months later in the next patch...

SL has so much potential, but when they release it and gotta hotfix stuff all the time to go from insanely bad balanced to badly balanced/polished - i don't know how many bad xpacs WoW and Blizzard may survive until their reputation is so bad that you can see it in money revenue.

And yes, that's the one thing that really hurts the Blizzard board.
    Last edited by Aurosh; 2020-10-02 at 02:38 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hold on are you talking about that same expansion that was ANNOUNCED to launch on 27/10?

Because it is my understanding that when you are announcing an expansion you are dead serious and that has been the case for 16 years.

And then we had the GPU shitshow and somehow the launch was indefinitely postponed but I am crazy and everything else makes sense.

I don’t see why you are so aggravated by my opinion either it’s just my fucking opinion. If you don’t agree, move on we don’t have to agree you know.
    It hasn't been the case for 16 years, TBC was delayed.

Okay, let's make some real assessments and look at why it's fundamentally clear the expansion wasn't ready then, furthermore, I can almost ensure multiple devs KNEW it wasn't ready and were screaming for it to not be announced as early as it was.

August 27th - Via Gamescom, Blizzard announces the expansion to launch on October 27th.

August 28th - Internal documents show that Blizzard have caved on the GCD issue, and will be removing the GCD from a hoard of abilities, stating that they "Haven't done the necessary work" to make all of those abilities feel meaningful when on GCD - Source: https://i.gyazo.com/6ec03a78f0e43714...90b9666457.png - This is an internal document from I believe slack, the date after the release date announcement admitting defeat on the GCD issues, the key element being "They haven't done the necessary work" which you can infer means they no longer had the time, because with more time they would have done the work they wanted.

September 2nd - This is made officially public information 5 days later, https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...-on-gcd/630189 , less than a week after announcing a release date, a hand has been shown to indicate the ambition for the project has to be reigned in.

September 9th - Ion Hazzikostas releases a giant post about the direction of Shadowlands, https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...owlands/638371 including for the first time in the games history, their intention to split Shadowlands in to two patches, a pre-patch and an actual Shadowlands content patch so they can continue developing the systems/content of Shadowlands during the pre-patch. Historically this never happens. The only thing historically that changed in pre-patch is class balance/numbers. Systems by pre-patch are historically locked in and done. This shows clearly they need to grasp at every working week to get Shadowlands ready. This post finally publicly discusses the socket dilemma, something Blizzard stated back in early Alpha was something they wanted to resolve - with less than 7 weeks to launch Blizzard had finally decided to implement how sockets would function.

September 25th - Blizzard test two bosses that have been tested multiple times on Mythic and have fundamental major issues with their design. Within hours of this testing, the PTR build that was flagged as release has been reverted to a Test Candidate.

^ This is likely when the official decision was made to delay the expansion.

September 28th - Blizzard finally announce how the conduit ranking system is going to officially function, even though it is yet to be added to beta/alpha - something they announced would exist multiple months ago.

September 30th - Blizzard make sweeping changes to covenant abilities, with some of the largest nerfs to abilities ever seen in the history of the game - specifically AoE based covenant abilities and tools after they tested the largest AoE clusterfuck fight of the raid (Sun King).

October 1st - Blizzard publicly admit a delay will happen.

October 2nd - Conduit ranking system now exists on beta.

If you can't see the signs that it's obvious the game wasn't ready, within less than 24 hours of the release date being announced and you instead thing there is some multi-corporate deal going on where video games are being released to coincide with hardware releases, and Blizzard would risk losing millions of dollars because NVidia have issues then I really don't know what to say.

What is most likely, is the same thing we see every single year in video game development. Senior members say "We're releasing the game on this date, have it ready", they announced that. It would appear at least this time the development team have managed to appeal to senior members and make them realize the game simply wouldn't be ready.

As a business strategy it is clear that the collaboration with Nvidia has a lot to do with stalling the launch.

And while you are not required to play wow in anything better than your good old toaster, there’s a lot of people like me who have the budget to afford the shit you deem “not necessary in order to play”.

Well guess what buddy, for some of us it’s necessary to play at ultra 4K with 144hz and we are the ones feeding game companies and hardware companies. They can’t tell you we matter more to them because God forbid that would hurt your feelings, but I don’t care about how you feel and so here I am breaking the news to you.

Now if you really want to convince yourself that SL was “unfinished” sure good ahead and I will keep thinking that it’s because my 3090 is still in the mail. No harm no foul.
    The only thing that's clear to me, is that it's not worth replying any further to this obvious troll.