Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I think the scenario will be that Rommath/Lor'themar/Liadrin will become a cartoon villain and then we defeat him and take naaru as slaves.
    Are you saying that Blizzard will once again betray Horde players when it promised to stop causing internal trouble? I wouldn't be surprised blizzard has been treating us like crap for years!

The San'layn weren't there through the blood elves. They were there as just another edgy undead minion of Sylvanas. They weren't wanting to walk around in Silvermoon like the void elves were by studying void.

Quote Originally Posted by Koryn123 View Post
    The San'layn weren't there through the blood elves. They were there as just another edgy undead minion of Sylvanas. They weren't wanting to walk around in Silvermoon like the void elves were by studying void.
    everyone including the creator of the thread we know that

Ok i spent another day scouring the interwebs looking for any information that would support this. Still found nothing
    I think OP just made massive mental leaps to jump to this conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    everyone including the creator of the thread we know that
    Then what's this thread about? As far as we know, the blood elves had no say in the san'layn's admittance and may not even know about them, considering they only are seen with Forsaken sailors, Rokhan, and Talanji. They should be seen as members of the Forsaken during their brief membership given to them by Sylvanas, not members of the blood elves or owing their membership to the blood elves.

I think the deal breaker is that the void elves no matter how in control they are now, there's always the threat of the void taking over those that dab too much in the void. Prolonged exposure will never be good in the long run. It's a ticking time bomb imo. And there's no indication that the blood elves have open arms for the San'Layn.

Then what's this thread about? As far as we know, the blood elves had no say in the san'layn's admittance and may not even know about them, considering they only are seen with Forsaken sailors, Rokhan, and Talanji. They should be seen as members of the Forsaken during their brief membership given to them by Sylvanas, not members of the blood elves or owing their membership to the blood elves.
    the intention of the creator of the thread is to say that the alliance is great and the horde is garbage asking a rhetorical question, there is no question the answer is implicit in the question

the intention of the creator of the thread is to say that the alliance is great and the horde is garbage asking a rhetorical question, there is no question the answer is implicit in the question
    Ah, I see. Probably didn't need to be 7 pages then.

Are you saying that Blizzard will once again betray Horde players when it promised to stop causing internal trouble? I wouldn't be surprised blizzard has been treating us like crap for years!
    Something something not Garrosh 3.0.

I am sure they will say "But Lor'themar isn't warchief. Take that!" but the consequences will be the same.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

I would liek to see the San'layn developed. they could be the edgy side of the blood elves. And they coudl have al ot more depth than just rarrgh, evil blood suckers.

If blizzard did this right, it could be the case of the "empathetic" or "compassionate" vampire - ala Twilgiht/Vampire Diary series, but also with a bit of a hard and bloody edge too.

it has a lot of potential if you ask me. They should develop them more.

- - - Updated - - -

You know what Ravenmoon can be like sometimes - I don't think he is very fond of the horde. Still, I would like San'layn to have a much larger role, they can provide an interesting addition to the whole werewolf, zombie scene, but with parallels and connections to Quel'thalas. the thign is there isn't a functioning society in Lordaeron, it's undead life there, so the San'lyan can explore what being undead is like in a functioning society that with all the qualms of the blood elves.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    I would liek to see the San'layn developed. they could be the edgy side of the blood elves. And they coudl have al ot more depth than just rarrgh, evil blood suckers.

If blizzard did this right, it could be the case of the "empathetic" or "compassionate" vampire - ala Twilgiht/Vampire Diary series, but also with a bit of a hard and bloody edge too.

it has a lot of potential if you ask me. They should develop them more.

- - - Updated - - -

You know what Ravenmoon can be like sometimes - I don't think he is very fond of the horde. Still, I would like San'layn to have a much larger role, they can provide an interesting addition to the whole werewolf, zombie scene, but with parallels and connections to Quel'thalas. the thign is there isn't a functioning society in Lordaeron, it's undead life there, so the San'lyan can explore what being undead is like in a functioning society that with all the qualms of the blood elves.
    undead is the theme of forsaken

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    You know government-aligned blood elves harnessed Fel, which is just as dangerous and malevolent as the Void, and brainwashed any dissident right?
    You know that they were facing extinction and thought it was their only hope right?

Listen, I stan Void Elves as the most aesthetically pleasing race in WoW and I love them. However, the reason the BE don't like them is literally their first impression was awful. Alleria getting to the Sunwell caused a void oopsie that no one could have predicted, and now the BE fear VE could fuck up their Sunwell.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    That's a fair point, it fits that side of the elves. I do think that they are exaggerating the "anathema" to the sunwell bit. Perhaps blizzard needed to delve in this a bit more - but then void elf lore is totally slap dash, as much as I like their "coolness", their lack of substance is so disappointing.

How exactly is the void such a danger? Because the Ethereal could do that? But it could be defended against too - and even utilised - is there another message in this coming through?

I am not entirely convinced the industrious and driven blood elves couldn't find a way to make it work, Umbric's lot certainly thought so and they don't want the Sunwell dstroyed, but Azeroth and particularly Quel'thalas defended from it - so why "THAT" reaction.

if only they delved more - are they showing us a vulnerable "fear" side of the blood elves? I would say Rommath seemed rather irrational in this reaction, like fear took over, and he is willing to bold in other areas of magical pursuit, but not here. It makes me feel that the blood elves will do anything for the Sunwell.

I wonder if the Light infusion of the Sunwell makes it far more void suceptible, or if it's all theories and fears by over protective bElves.
    I meant it's quite evidently not an unfounded precaution after Alleria's interaction with the Sunwell. The mere presence of someone suffused with Void Energies almost allowed it to be used as a portal for Void entities, a dire threat that we had to address right there.

It's clear the Void is dangerous to the Sunwell, we just don't know how dangerous, and as a manner of precaution, it's understandable they would opt to ban any Void from it, even when I do think studying the void could help protect the Sunwell, but then it becomes a matter of risk vs reward, which can almost be seen as subjective.

Blood Elven officials being overly careful with the Sunwell seems completely in line when they struggled for so long without it.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I meant it's quite evidently not an unfounded precaution after Alleria's interaction with the Sunwell. The mere presence of someone suffused with Void Energies almost allowed it to be used as a portal for Void entities, a dire threat that we had to address right there.

It's clear the Void is dangerous to the Sunwell, we just don't know how dangerous, and as a manner of precaution, it's understandable they would opt to ban any Void from it, even when I do think studying the void could help protect the Sunwell, but then it becomes a matter of risk vs reward, which can almost be seen as subjective.

Blood Elven officials being overly careful with the Sunwell seems completely in line when they struggled for so long without it.
    Risk vs reward indeed, ofc I'm over thinking this, but colour me simple to expect a bit more from blizz on this (but accept that the prupose of the lore is not to be smart or thorough).

That the void is a danger is not in question, wasn't that the basis of studying it? To learn it's secrets, use it's power and defend against it, especially if it's power could be exploited.

Doesn't Alleria also prove that the expertise is the best defense against the void? Why must Rommath react only to ban her and the toher entirely from Quel'thalas, and brand them traitors?

surely, he should instead prohibit void users from the Sunwell Plateau, and welcome the research to start preparing a defense against the void? She stopped that attack, isn't it a bit naive to think that they won't try again? Or are they getting all arrogant again and thinking that the Sunwell can protect them from anything.

It can't happen now because void elves must be on the alliance, and therefore must be enemies to the blood elvs, yet surely this can allow an opening for future healing/mending of that rift between them. They're going to need the void elves when the void attacks, and the vulnerable sunwell will not be able to defend against it, it would be like the druids agianst the nightmare, helpless.

Are the belves ok with the san'layn now all of a sudden? There was a very brief moment we saw one eat a gnome that was going to join the Horde, but I haven't seen anything else come of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Are the belves ok with the san'layn now all of a sudden? There was a very brief moment we saw one eat a gnome that was going to join the Horde, but I haven't seen anything else come of it.
    there is nothing

- - - Updated - - -

Risk vs reward indeed, ofc I'm over thinking this, but colour me simple to expect a bit more from blizz on this (but accept that the prupose of the lore is not to be smart or thorough).

That the void is a danger is not in question, wasn't that the basis of studying it? To learn it's secrets, use it's power and defend against it, especially if it's power could be exploited.

Doesn't Alleria also prove that the expertise is the best defense against the void? Why must Rommath react only to ban her and the toher entirely from Quel'thalas, and brand them traitors?

surely, he should instead prohibit void users from the Sunwell Plateau, and welcome the research to start preparing a defense against the void? She stopped that attack, isn't it a bit naive to think that they won't try again? Or are they getting all arrogant again and thinking that the Sunwell can protect them from anything.

It can't happen now because void elves must be on the alliance, and therefore must be enemies to the blood elvs, yet surely this can allow an opening for future healing/mending of that rift between them. They're going to need the void elves when the void attacks, and the vulnerable sunwell will not be able to defend against it, it would be like the druids agianst the nightmare, helpless.
    If there is no one who uses the void near the sunwell then there is no problem, if the void attacks it has to be an external force that first faces the forces of quelthalas

the answer is simple! the alliance is superior the horde is trash by the author of the thread
    I can't even refute this because that's literally the mindset of Alliance fans.

But that's the point, the "correct" answer is subjective. I'd say Void Elves and Alleria think like this, but the BElven leadership is choosing to instead ban any Void usage to minimize any risk.

Both aproaches may backfire, as you present your scenario is a possibility, but the opposite is also true, where overconfidence, or even safety protocols being bypassed or betrayal, could irreparably affect the Sunwell. We can't say there's a "right way" because either could backfire. All it takes for the opposite to end up horribly is for one Void Elf being corrupted and use their powers to purposefully tamper with the Sunwell, and let's not pretend some of the biggest catastrophes and conflicts have been created by a rogue elf agent.

So risk vs Reward, the only way to account for any security leaks is a complete lockdown, but at the same time, not studying the void makes you less prepared. Couldn't they just study the void far away? They could and they might, yet there's always the possibility any of those scholars is corrupted by the void and gets access/convinces people to infiltrate the Sunwell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably because they arent okay with sanlayn either.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..