Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    You know government-aligned blood elves harnessed Fel, which is just as dangerous and malevolent as the Void, and brainwashed any dissident right?
    Whataboutism. Half a demon came out of the sunwell without it exploding, meanwhile a void elf can't be in the same room with it. Shadow is the direct opposing force to light, it's more dangerous in the context of an entire culture revolving around a fountain of light.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I don't recall the Sin'dorei ever being "okay" with the San'layn - while there was a brief flirtation with the remaining San'layn joining the Horde in BfA, no Blood Elves were actually involved in the recruitment, with only Rokhan and Talanji really working with Blood Prince Dreven. Beyond this, though; the San'layn aren't functionally very different from Blood or Unholy Death Knights, both of whom are already part of the Horde and the Alliance.

On the other hand, Void magic itself has proven deleterious to the Sunwell - which given its nigh-sacrosanct place in Sin'dorei culture would explain their lack of enthusiasm for Void Elves or anything else Void-related.
    Silvermoon Blood elves during BFA assaults are fully using blood magic.

But still, void magic threatens the sunwell. Blood magic doesn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Silvermoon Blood elves during BFA assaults are fully using blood magic.

But still, void magic threatens the sunwell. Blood magic doesn't.
    The Blood Elves have had access to blood magic for a long time, since TBC (as represented by the various Sin'dorei Bloodmages). There was also a resurgence in the practice in MoP, once the Blood Elves explored the Mogu's use of anima, and can now create anima golems using Mogu techniques.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    I don't think you understand what solitary confinement is and I think that explains just about all the rest of your opinions here.

Solitary confinement means no contact with the outside - no contact with anything you aren't GIVEN. In most cases this is the padded room where you're usually kept in a straight jacket and deprived of all but the necessities to live. Rommath can't have random elves IN Silvermoon learning the Void, because it is what threatens the Sunwell, and by extension Blood Elven society at large. The only way they'd be kept in captivity in Silvermoon is if they took away the study of the Void.
    But Telogrus Rift IS solitary confinement. There are only void elves in Telogrus Rift, other Alliance races cannot even reach it, because the void portal is available only to void elf players. It is the most secluded territory controlled by the Alliance.

He could have elves in Silvermoon learning the Void, because again Silvermoon is quite far from the Sunwell Plateau, as they are separated by the sea, and then several villages between Quel'danas' shore and the fortress itself. But let's say that's not distant enough, then just send them to one of the arcane sanctums along the Dead Scar no? There they can do whatever they want under scrutiny from the government ala Magisters Terrace.

Regardless Rommath's worry was only for Silvermoon. He had no issue banishing the void elves without making sure they'd leave Quel'thalas. At which point, if Silvermoon was really this vulnerable, he could've just banished them from Silvermoon, not the entire kingdom.

AND allowing them unfettered access to that research GUARANTEES at least one will eventually betray them. (See: Dar'khan.)
    Not really. If I'm not mistaken Drathir betrayed them only because he was a power-hungry psycopath. Void elves might be arrogant and curious, but they do not seek power for power's sake. They seek power to protect Silvermoon. Drathir was selfish, void elves aren't. At their core, they genuinely want to protect Silvermoon in their own way.

NO, it does not matter how nice the scholars in Telogrus Rift are. They now slaughter Blood Elf citizens, is that what they believe is best for Silvermoon? Is that how they serve Silvermoon now, by killing it's law abiding citizens? Because maybe that's proof of their madness already, all it took was a little void infusion and now they've turned on their kin.
    They started to kill other blood elves because they were exiled from Quel'thalas. The Alliance was the only one to offer them refuge.

Which, you know, IT'S EXACTLY MY POINT, and I have been saying this since the beginning of the thread. If Rommath and Theron never banished the void elves, they would've never turned against Sin'dorei government, and now their Void powers and knowledge wouldn't be helping the Alliance war effort.
    If they drop the barrier, the Void can be used to hide away from their sight and they can escape
    They don't need to drop the barrier to comunicate with the void elves inside. This is shown in the Violet Hold, the prisoners can talk to you just fine from inside their prison.

If they're given unrestricted access to Void knowledge, they will absolutely know how to use this. So it has to be absolute solitary confinement, or confinement with absolutely no way to access any knowledge of the Void. And that already ruins Umbric's plans, which means he won't accept them.
    This is another hypothetical (I thought you didn't like them?). First of all the blood elves barely have any knowledge of the Void, I already addressed this. At best the blood elves, like the Alliance, would just give the void elves food and water rations, the bare minimum they need to survive. Second, void elves, contrary to your belief, don't want to betray Silvermoon. They were exiled and had no other choice but to turn against their people, but if it were up to them they would remain loyal to Silvermoon and try to protect it however they can. So if the government let them conduct their research however they want, although under strict surveillance, then where is the problem? Why would Umbric try to rebel? Because he doesn't like being in a confined space? That can't be, because he has no issue working in a fractured asteroid in the middle of (literally) nowhere.

They can, in fact, still be both despite your desperate pleading that they can't be.
    They literally can't. If the blood elves are so bent on learning from their past mistakes and ensuring that there can never be another Drathir, then they would absolutely put the Sunwell under strict scrutiny and surveillance.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-09-27 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    They aren't. They were exiled first.
    You can't kick someone out and call them traitors when they decide to live somewhere else.

Also, that is the story of some, not all. Many are high elves that came to them to learn.
    They chose to abandon their people and go to war with them while enslaving themselves to one of six cosmic cornerstones of power. They are amoral traitors pursuing power, regardless of whatever pretty words you may choose to dress it up in.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikara View Post
    They chose to abandon their people and go to war with them while enslaving themselves to one of six cosmic cornerstones of power. They are amoral traitors pursuing power, regardless of whatever pretty words you may choose to dress it up in.
    They were kicked out and turned to someone who would help them.

Void elves are strictly NOT enslaved by the void. Quite the opposite. It is their whole shtick that they use it, not the other way around.

But, it seems to have hurt you to see the hobos you threw out leave you. Such a shame.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-09-26 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    They were kicked out and turned to someone who would help them.

Void elves are strictly NOT enslaved by the void. Quite the opposite. It is their whole shtick that they use it, not the other way around.

But, it seems to have hurt you to see the hobos you threw out leave you. Such a shame.
    Horde fans don’t love void elves. And want them all to go mad ... blizzard might actually do that given all the cries to make alliance more nuanced and less boring.

But it’s funny how horde fans view of that is to make the alliance evil, and that blizzard might actually listen to the players who don’t actually play the race.

Just like they did with night elves when they cut their arcane side off to attach it to the horde and made them 100% forest elves exactly what the horde fans who don’t play them want.

Mark my words void elves successfully resisting the void and actually being decent honourable elves is going to vanish “due to popular horde request” - and just as what happened with night elves they’ll end up not being the incredible race you were misled to believe. As blizzard step up the transplant of the heart of the alliance to the horde.

Classic bait and switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Horde fans don’t love void elves. And want them all to go mad ... blizzard might actually do that given all the cries to make alliance more nuanced and less boring.

But it’s funny how horde fans view of that is to make the alliance evil, and that blizzard might actually listen to the players who don’t actually play the race.

Just like they did with night elves when they cut their arcane side off to attach it to the horde and made them 100% forest elves exactly what the horde fans who don’t play them want.

Mark my words void elves successfully resisting the void and actually being decent honourable elves is going to vanish “due to popular horde request” - and just as what happened with night elves they’ll end up not being the incredible race you were misled to believe. As blizzard step up the transplant of the heart of the alliance to the horde.

Classic bait and switch.
    If anything Horde players should beg that Ren'dorei continue to defy the whispers. Otherwise they will unleash their powers upon the mortal plane, and the Horde will suffer tremendously. First of all, none of their races have knowledge or powers that can counter the Void, second Alleria alone can corrupt an entire city when she unleashes her Void powers. This isn't surprising, since she merged with a void naaru (it is shown in WoD that a void naaru is so powerful that it can instantly exterminate the population of an entire temple-city).

So Yes, beg that the Ren'dorei won't succumb to the whispers, or the worst will happen.

If anything Horde players should beg that Ren'dorei continue to defy the whispers. Otherwise they will unleash their powers upon the mortal plane, and the Horde will suffer tremendously. First of all, none of their races have knowledge or powers that can counter the Void, second Alleria alone can corrupt an entire city when she unleashes her Void powers. This isn't surprising, since she merged with a void naaru (it is shown in WoD that a void naaru is so powerful that it can instantly exterminate the population of an entire temple-city).

So Yes, beg that the Ren'dorei won't succumb to the whispers, or the worst will happen.
    I wouldn't be surprised their first target would be Sunwell. It could be transformed into powerful source of Void energies and it would certainly punish blood elves for all the trouble they put ren'dorei through... So yea, let's hope they'll not succumb to whispers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised their first target would be Sunwell. It could be transformed into powerful source of Void energies and it would certainly punish blood elves for all the trouble they put ren'dorei through... So yea, let's hope they'll not succumb to whispers.
    Indeed. The Ren'dorei are able to tear rifts into reality and teleport wherever they want, so really getting close enough to the Sunwell to corrupt it would be easy. I'm pretty sure the only reason why Alleria and her forces didn't embark on this operation during the Fourth War is because they still feel connected to Quel'thalas, and don't want to see it completely obliterated.

I don't recall the Sin'dorei ever being "okay" with the San'layn - while there was a brief flirtation with the remaining San'layn joining the Horde in BfA, no Blood Elves were actually involved in the recruitment, with only Rokhan and Talanji really working with Blood Prince Dreven. Beyond this, though; the San'layn aren't functionally very different from Blood or Unholy Death Knights, both of whom are already part of the Horde and the Alliance.

On the other hand, Void magic itself has proven deleterious to the Sunwell - which given its nigh-sacrosanct place in Sin'dorei culture would explain their lack of enthusiasm for Void Elves or anything else Void-related.
    A better way to word it would be "Why was the Horde (specifically Sylvanas) okay with the Blood Elves banishing valuable allies when they were actively trying to recruit even more terrible people?"

Not to mention Lor'themar calls the Void Elves traitors, which is ironic considering he kicked them out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Void magic threatens the sunwell itself, that is all there is to it.
    So does death magic and fel magic. Are they kicking out the Death Knights and Warlocks? What about the Demon Hunters?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    A better way to word it would be "Why was the Horde (specifically Sylvanas) okay with the Blood Elves banishing valuable allies when they were actively trying to recruit even more terrible people?"

Not to mention Lor'themar calls the Void Elves traitors, which is ironic considering he kicked them out.
    I would imagine the Horde didn't see Umbric and his group as valuable, or was otherwise unaware of their existence given that Umbric and his group's exile was an internal matter of Quel'Thalas. Sylvanas as Warchief could of course attempt to recruit whoever she might like - but the Void Elves declared for Stormwind before she could even become aware of them as a force (due to their closeness with Alleria).

As for Lor'themar, nothing stops him from being a hypocrite - he's indulged in hypocrisy in the past, and will likely do so again in the future.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Indeed. The Ren'dorei are able to tear rifts into reality and teleport wherever they want, so really getting close enough to the Sunwell to corrupt it would be easy. I'm pretty sure the only reason why Alleria and her forces didn't embark on this operation during the Fourth War is because they still feel connected to Quel'thalas, and don't want to see it completely obliterated.
    Exactly my thoughts. What is point of exiling them because they pose a threat when they can easily infiltrate Sunwell plateau and sabotage Sunwell? Exiling them only create more reasons for ren'dorei to do so.

As you said, Alleria and all other void elves expressed no interest in damagin Sunwell and they made it clear they care about Quel'thalas and its citizens. They certainly don't agree with current goverment, but have no intentions to act against the nation. Their motives to study Void were to protect their homeland to begin with.

As for Lor'themar, nothing stops him from being a hypocrite - he's indulged in hypocrisy in the past, and will likely do so again in the future.
    Well, he already proved he will rather exile people who are in opposition to his leadership then to open talks to address needs or fears of all of "his" people, which is not really good approach when you're leader. As a reagent lord, he caused his nation fracturing two times already, each time driving elf exiles right into the Alliance.
    Last edited by Vaedan; 2020-09-27 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Exactly my thoughts. What is point of exiling them because they pose a threat when they can easily infiltrate Sunwell plateau and sabotage Sunwell? Exiling them only create more reasons for ren'dorei to do so.

As you said, Alleria and all other void elves expressed no interest in damagin Sunwell and they made it clear they care about Quel'thalas and its citizens. They certainly don't agree with current goverment, but have no intentions to act against the nation. Their motives to study Void were to protect their homeland to begin with.

Well, he already proved he will rather exile people who are in opposition to his leadership then to open talks to address needs or fears of all of "his" people, which is not really good approach when you're leader. As a reagent lord, he caused his nation fracturing two times already, each time driving elf exiles right into the Alliance.
    This is what I've been saying for 12 pages, but people don't want to listen. If the Ren'dorei wanted to, they could easily corrupt the Sunwell. Banishing them only gave them a reason to want to do it.

Rommath was a fool, and his decision backfired. It is only thanks to Magister Umbric that the Battle of Dazar'alor was won by the Alliance and the war turned in their favour.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-09-27 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    they are undeads , undead is his own race with his own playable faction. give forsaken more customizations

i think look nice

There is something called the development of history and the history of quelthalas leads us to be light elves, the forsaken have their own history they can have elf customization
    Only issue I have with this is that it is elf ears on a (undead) human shaped face which makes it look too weird. But forsaken elves (and other races) is certainly something I am 100% for.

5+ Year Old Account
    ... What says they aren't might I ask?

On off topic. Tell that to all the san'layn rpers. criiiingy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    they are undeads , undead is his own race with his own playable faction. give forsaken more customizations

i think look nice

There is something called the development of history and the history of quelthalas leads us to be light elves, the forsaken have their own history they can have elf customization
    WAIT WHAT?!?! WHEN THE HELL DID FORSAKEN GET RED EYES AND ELF EARS! .... Shadowlands.. I love you even more!

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    So does death magic and fel magic. Are they kicking out the Death Knights and Warlocks? What about the Demon Hunters?
    Not to the same degree, void is literally the antithesis for it, Alleria touched it and the whole thing went absolutely bonkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrinara View Post
    ... What says they aren't might I ask?

On off topic. Tell that to all the san'layn rpers. criiiingy.

- - - Updated - - -

WAIT WHAT?!?! WHEN THE HELL DID FORSAKEN GET RED EYES AND ELF EARS! .... Shadowlands.. I love you even more!
    I think this is only fan mock up. Forsaken are getting more eye colors, like purple, green and red, but they are not getting elf ears.

10+ Year Old Account
    San'lyan doesn't threaten the Sunwell, Void Elves' connection does.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

3+ Year Old Account
    also, Hathorel's comrades in Orgrimmar are Dark Rangers, right? I'd assume therefore in general the Blood Elves are okay with Dark Rangers, and furthermore by proxy, the San'layn
    Last edited by Ardenaso; 2020-09-27 at 03:25 PM.
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.