Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleem View Post
    As someone who's bought every heirloom you can, who has upgraded all of them to at least 3/4 and a lot to 4/4, I'm not okay with this. A thing I purchased is now worthless.

    Also, 1-50 takes about 20 hours. Reports of anything below 10 are not realistic numbers at all. The average player will take about 20. New players probably around 30.

    I wouldn't be so upset if they didn't clearly want heirlooms to be worth something. They're simply not. Raw gear is irrelevant. I've tested both in beta and PTR leveling with heirlooms, with normal gear, and completely naked. You simply don't notice any real difference at all. And the set bonuses of the gear are also irrelevant. I never had rested XP to begin with. The level-up proc almost always happens at the end of dungeons or after turning in quests, and by the time you're fighting anything again, it's gone. The out-of-combat regen isn't even noticeable.

    So Blizzard has failed to make them relevant to leveling at all. And that's the part that pisses me off.
    Just something to consider. Can the same argument be made for buying a car or current electronics like a smartphone? Neither is ever expected to last forever but you pay a premium for a new car or a new iPhone, get to use the said purchase for a period of time with the expectation that it loses value as time moves on. How is the purchase, use and benefits of heirlooms for likely years and across many alts considered a waste of gold when you benefited from said purchase which is now diminishing in value but still can be used? It really is like buying a new car then making a complaint to the dealer years later that the car doesn't run exactly like it did when you drove it off the lot or has the latest technology in it.
    Last edited by Talostown; 2020-09-22 at 02:38 PM.

  2. #42
    Legendary! Firebert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Essex-ish
    Posts
    6,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferstwin View Post
    I think the groups will prob change since the power level between a 9 and a 19 is alot more of a gap now
    Don't low level battlegrounds scale your gear up to the level cap for the bracket? Or is it just the level?
    Last edited by Firebert; 2020-09-22 at 05:33 PM.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 1/3/2/5 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

  3. #43
    Lol I just spent 15 bucks a couple of days ago to change gender to my Panda.

  4. #44
    So with this information, is there anything different between leveling a character during pre-patch vs when Shadowlands comes out? Thanks!

  5. #45
    Brewmaster Whitedragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Definitely not behind you
    Posts
    1,373
    Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    This won't work, when you try to restore the old one it makes you delete the new one. Even if that new one is several years old.
    dose it work if you have 2 accounts (like a starter account) or a friend?

  6. #46
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Lookout
    Posts
    20,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlehoff View Post
    So the looms people spent a really solid chunk of money on are being given dumpstats? cool cool.
    From the sounds of it, you've got plenty of use out of your Heirlooms. So it's not like its wasted gold.

    Do you cry as well everytime you die and waste a potion?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gleem View Post
    As someone who's bought every heirloom you can, who has upgraded all of them to at least 3/4 and a lot to 4/4, I'm not okay with this. A thing I purchased is now worthless.
    They aren't worthless, since you used them already and got the use out of them. As above, do you demand your gold back if you die after using a flask or potion? Or anytime a new expansion comes out and old gear you enchanted is no longer useful?

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    From the sounds of it, you've got plenty of use out of your Heirlooms. So it's not like its wasted gold.

    Do you cry as well everytime you die and waste a potion?

    - - - Updated - - -



    They aren't worthless, since you used them already and got the use out of them. As above, do you demand your gold back if you die after using a flask or potion? Or anytime a new expansion comes out and old gear you enchanted is no longer useful?
    It's disingenuous to compare a temporary item to one that was billed and advertised as something to invest in that would be with your characters (and alts, and account) forever.

    Not only that, but the initial tweet said that they "intended to replace the exp bonus with something just as useful for leveling". The current bonuses are not close to living up to that intent.

    The original post outlining the bonuses also said they were a "work in progress", but despite pretty much no one liking them, there's been no response or tweaking of the bonuses.

    I don't want a refund, that would be silly, but the current state of looms is just sad. They could have given them inner-ring azerite traits as bonuses, speed bonuses, or other actually useful things. Or they could have upped the item level to make them better than quest greens so there was a stat incentive to using them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    It's disingenuous to compare a temporary item to one that was billed and advertised as something to invest in that would be with your characters (and alts, and account) forever.

    Not only that, but the initial tweet said that they "intended to replace the exp bonus with something just as useful for leveling". The current bonuses are not close to living up to that intent.

    The original post outlining the bonuses also said they were a "work in progress", but despite pretty much no one liking them, there's been no response or tweaking of the bonuses.

    I don't want a refund, that would be silly, but the current state of looms is just sad. They could have given them inner-ring azerite traits as bonuses, speed bonuses, or other actually useful things. Or they could have upped the item level to make them better than quest greens so there was a stat incentive to using them.
    The new heirlooms only benefit is that the item level will go up with your character. the bonuses are completely lackluster.

    2 bonuses for reducing rested exp use. in other words, you have to make your toons long enough before beginning to level them to acquire a full rested exp bonus, then park them again to regain bonus once you've used it up, should you desire to take full advantage of your heirloom gear.

    the out of combat regen is... okay, but really only means you're not buying cheap vendorfood. i just leveled 1 of every class, and TBH i think i bought food on one class. then didn't use it, and never bought any for the rest.

    the worst though imho is the temporary buff. players are primarily gaining levels in leveling hubs. not out in the field. what this means is that your temporary buff is gone by the time you're leaving town. it doesn't end up doing anything worthwile.
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

  9. #49
    This still makes 0 sense to me, but we'll see i guess, we'll see.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •