First question: Is this legal?

I'd like to try this but I am not sure if I will get banned:

youtube.com/watch?v=4a2405tAYRs

Tried searching the tos and can't find anything. Asked a GM but they haven't responded.

any exploit like this that gives a massive damage increase will get you banned if you use it in endgame content. Don't use it

10+ Year Old Account
    Exploiting is against the TOS, as a general rule.

So, assume it will, and don't do it.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by brunklunk View Post

Tried searching the tos and can't find anything. Asked a GM but they haven't responded.
    The title of the video has the word "Exploit". That by itself should answer your question.

I have to assume this is a plug for that channel.

5+ Year Old Account

No, 5 years in jail at a minimum.

As long as you stay away from rated pvp and stuff like that i would say you should be fine tbh.

It sounds a lot like what method did in ra-den progress in the world first race. there they could do this because he had an extremely short respawn timer.

blizz naturally fixed it afterwards so this should show that they obviously did not intend for this to be possible.

But as it stands blizz has alot of other stuff to worry about and since this won't be possible to do after the pre patch hits i would say they don't care all that much. i mean people are getting oneshot by corruption too in pvp. just look at rextroy videos.

It is of course at your own risk and asking a gm wasn't probably the best idea either.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

no. it's an exploit and you will get banned

GM got back to me and said "exploits are against our terms of service and may pose a risk to your account".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    The title of the video has the word "Exploit". That by itself should answer your question.
    LOL I didn't even notice that!

The voice in that video makes my skin crawl, can't watch it.

On topic: obvious exploit is obvious and even described as such in the video. What's your point?

With EVERYTHING in basically ANY game, it's quite simple: "Does it seem like it's intendend and/or gives me an advantage over other players with seemingly weird methods?" If the answer is yes, then stop doing it, as chances are very big it's an exploit and against ToS.
    I mean it's very obvious in this case... if you'd do something outside or within a raid and suddenly have a buff that won't get away, that's a different matter, as it is not obvious, but this? Really? Stuff in the training grounds?

Seems like an exploit but for the sake of argument I'd like to present something that actually happened to me with my Priest at the end of MoP.

During the WoD prepatch there was an... uh... clever use of game mechanics that allowed you to get the 50% damage buff from the Holy Word: Chastise talent if you went into an area and changed specs to Shadow. This was fixed pretty quickly but it was still hilarous. This allowed you to essentially get double damage. I actually kept this buff and went into raid. The owner of Warcraftlogs didn't like that I had this buff so he flat out deleted my character from existence but I still kept the buff all the way through leveling in WoD. I had it at level 100 for awhile but realized that I couldn't change or learn talents without the buff being erased (meaning I couldn't learn a level 100 talent) so I eventually dropped it. I knew a few other Priests who did this and I even found a log of a Priest using this buff as late as 3 months into WoD. So while this bug will likely get you a one-way ticket to B&L&, sometimes Blizzard's enforcement of these kinds of loopholes is spotty at best. YMMV, but I'd recommend against it.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2020-10-11 at 10:19 PM.

Theoretically it isn't, but I recall the competing guilds for Nyalotha world first actually doing this with their warlock on Ra'den. They would drop their infernals, reset the boss (while spending shards) and have their cds reset. Ra'den would also spawn fast enough so that the Supremacy buff was still up, so they would keep resetting until the had enough stacks and duration so that they wouldn't need to use Bloodlust at the start of the fight, saving it for later. They weren't banned, but I still don't think it's safe to assume you'll never get banned by this (even more in pvp).