How are warlocks in SL M+?

So ... for the people that played some M+ on locks ... how are they faring? Mainly Destro or Aff ... are we competitive with the rest or are we still a bad joke when compared to the faces of DH's?

And is it fun?

10+ Year Old Account
    More than Competitive, honestly one of the best M+ RANGE specs, and will be extremely viable in Raids. The burst even after nerf is plenty viable for SL M+, especially because melee stacking will be a lot harder with the new affixes that extremely punish clumped players.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

I personally have had a lot of fun in M+ on the beta, especially with working conduits. The Wilfred's legendary FnB/RoC/SC build allows you to literally Infernal, Incin > RoF over and over again, spending a ton of shards and getting your infernal CD back down to about 1 min. Pair the FnB Incinerate with Necrolord's Decimating Bolt and you have a ton of AoE damage throughout. ST for bosses and such are less exciting though lol.

Aff is okay, it's harder to test in most Beta content unless you're doing higher keys. Things die too quickly to really apply your full dots and rapture accordingly, so I've just been sticking to Destro since it's a faceroll spec with like 3 buttons. *Shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Vondem View Post
    I personally have had a lot of fun in M+ on the beta, especially with working conduits. The Wilfred's legendary FnB/RoC/SC build allows you to literally Infernal, Incin > RoF over and over again, spending a ton of shards and getting your infernal CD back down to about 1 min. Pair the FnB Incinerate with Necrolord's Decimating Bolt and you have a ton of AoE damage throughout. ST for bosses and such are less exciting though lol.

Aff is okay, it's harder to test in most Beta content unless you're doing higher keys. Things die too quickly to really apply your full dots and rapture accordingly, so I've just been sticking to Destro since it's a faceroll spec with like 3 buttons. *Shrug*
    I expected Affliction not be a good choice for low keys since the spec is back to many dots and no way to quickly apply or spread.

Sounds awesome that destro can perform well.

Guess once again I'll be reviving my lock.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    I expected Affliction not be a good choice for low keys since the spec is back to many dots and no way to quickly apply or spread.

Sounds awesome that destro can perform well.

Guess once again I'll be reviving my lock.
    Yea man, it's just kind of sad that they took a lot of the skill out of it to be honest. Like 70-80% of our damage comes from passive damage/easy AoE rotations via Infernal Immo Aura, Incin, RoF. Just watched a bunch of videos from WoD Demo/Destro raiding and I feel like that actually required some thought to it, whereas the new rotation is likely going to be 2-3 spells that are EZPZ.

Reports from the Black Harvest discord indicate that Destruction is one of the best specs in the game in M+ and Affliction is reasonably strong too. I fully expect both of them to be nerfed, Destro in particular. Rain of Fire is just melting things. Aff also has the corruption slow ring so it may have a niche there in keys where kiting is relevant even if its damage isn't top tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

I'm so tired of Destro and its dumb gameplay...
    I hope Aff finds its way in M+, even at low/mid keys, but I doubt it as long as doting takes that much time in the rotation opener :s

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Reports from the Black Harvest discord indicate that Destruction is one of the best specs in the game in M+ and Affliction is reasonably strong too. I fully expect both of them to be nerfed, Destro in particular. Rain of Fire is just melting things. Aff also has the corruption slow ring so it may have a niche there in keys where kiting is relevant even if its damage isn't top tier.
    Yeah Destro and Affli overperform in raids so some nerfs will be expected. Especially after sub rogue nerf they are now the ones significantly ahead.

I wonder why noone calls demo. It has tons of cleaved AOE, defensives etc. The performance isnt as high as destro and aff, but if get nerfed and demo gets a buff (they were strong in m+ until though in m+ tests).

Quote Originally Posted by Aurosh View Post
    Yeah Destro and Affli overperform in raids so some nerfs will be expected. Especially after sub rogue nerf they are now the ones significantly ahead.

I wonder why noone calls demo. It has tons of cleaved AOE, defensives etc. The performance isnt as high as destro and aff, but if get nerfed and demo gets a buff (they were strong in m+ until though in m+ tests).
    I hope not .. hate Demo with a passion

Quote Originally Posted by Aurosh View Post

Because Demon is literally the worst dps spec of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Destro and aff are both strong. I think destro will be the better spec, especially since it is much simpler to play at a high level.

Yea man, it's just kind of sad that they took a lot of the skill out of it to be honest. Like 70-80% of our damage comes from passive damage/easy AoE rotations via Infernal Immo Aura, Incin, RoF. Just watched a bunch of videos from WoD Demo/Destro raiding and I feel like that actually required some thought to it, whereas the new rotation is likely going to be 2-3 spells that are EZPZ.
    Dest really was much funner aoe back then. All your aoe costed shards/embers, but it made your st spells aoe too, so they gave tons of shards back. So you could incinerate a lot before running out of shards. Or you could aoe immolate once for lots of damage and shards over time, then incinerate and conflagrate.

Wod added aoe chaos bolts as the strongest aoe move but ons that didnt bring shards back, so you only used it when you had so many that you'd have room to aoe incinerate and replenish more after. Both mop and wod aoe were so fun. Changing it was one of the many, many wonderful designs we lost in Legion.

threads like these are as bad as the tier list youtubers

worry more about the class design then figure in the numbers

3+ Year Old Account
    I hope destro is good cause I'm having a blast leveling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Because Demon is literally the worst dps spec of the game.
    Nah that's still Feral. Maybe Enh.... Or Surv.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Destro rain build is strong but does rely heavily on tank pulling around cds otherwise it falls quite behind most other specs. With hunters/mages/rogues getting recent nerfs destro could be one of the best specs in m+ now with the right group. Aff feels okay but weak and slow at low key levels and only average at higher ones but it's definitely better than BFA aff.
    My worry is if wilfreds/roc gets any substantial nerfs which could happen then destro will really fall off a cliff in M+ as there's no other legendary or setup that really works for it.

Cant argue with that. Dest aoe in mop and wod was glorious. It wasn't rocket science, but the way Fire and Brimestone made all your st spells int aoe ones forced constant small decisions which seperated goods from greats.

I donnu about other classes but i feel lock rotation got increadibly dumbed down from legion onwards. Damn shame.