Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    so when Blizz promised that Chromie Time would "even include the Old World" they didn't actually mean the old world, they meant the Cata revamped versions of the old world? had been hoping we'd have the classic zones as well as the revamps since it should easily be doable and not everyone wants to relevel a character on the classic servers

Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    Cata is complicated because some of the zones required flying, hence the level 30 restriction on those specific ones. The expansion included the revamped classic zones though so you can easily hit 10-30 through those.
    Noe of the zones required flying at all. The ONLY reaon it had flying at the start was because some of hte zones were in the middle of flying zones and they didn't want to have to implement no flying in the middle of flying areas. You could very easily level in Cata without flying at all.

right so like i am going to create a char go to exiles reach 1-10 then go to chromie time and go straight to the borean tunder and level up to lvl 50 then go to the shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Noe of the zones required flying at all. The ONLY reaon it had flying at the start was because some of hte zones were in the middle of flying zones and they didn't want to have to implement no flying in the middle of flying areas. You could very easily level in Cata without flying at all.
    Yea good luck getting round Deepholm with no flying mount.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    so when Blizz promised that Chromie Time would "even include the Old World" they didn't actually mean the old world, they meant the Cata revamped versions of the old world? had been hoping we'd have the classic zones as well as the revamps since it should easily be doable and not everyone wants to relevel a character on the classic servers
    I don't recall that quote from Blizzcon but my memory's a little hazy on what they promised exactly. Do you have the source for that?

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    Old world = Kalimdor & Ek.

The pre-cata old world zones that were revamped no longer exist in the main game. They were revamped and changed to fit the modern times better. Making them available in the way they used to exist makes no sense. No one ever hinted this would be the case and you only have yourself to blame for believing that.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Cataclysm and the "classic zones" are all just part of same stretch.
    You can enter any cata zone at 30.

All zones are separate entities in modern wow, so you can just do them as you please.
    Thanks for the explanation, it sounds great then. It even better than I hoped, because like this the whole "old continent" is unified as a leveling experience (like how it should be). At last I can start a dwarf and go through all dwarf related zones and end in Twilight Highlands

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathfaern View Post
    Thanks for the explanation, it sounds great then. It even better than I hoped, because like this the whole "old continent" is unified as a leveling experience (like how it should be). At last I can start a dwarf and go through all dwarf related zones and end in Twilight Highlands
    I hope that is the case and they made breadcrumbs to make sense like that. At least Uldum's intro quest is literally a breadcrumb from Tanaris.

Oh no, silly <race>. No one rides the Lady.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Old world = Kalimdor & Ek.

The pre-cata old world zones that were revamped no longer exist in the main game. They were revamped and changed to fit the modern times better. Making them available in the way they used to exist makes no sense. No one ever hinted this would be the case and you only have yourself to blame for believing that.
    That said, I would love to get the old world back as chromie time or timewalking event, maybe once the "progress" on classic is over and TBC-Classic is out? Would even be cool if they would scale it back to max level, as long as we get Zul Gurub, Naxx and the old zones back onto the life realms. And no, I won't play classic as long as my accounts are not connected (as in, I want to be able to add mounts/transmog to my retail account, not have that stuff locked to classic ....).

#TEAMGIRAFFE

So you can quest anywhere when you choose a chromie timeline. Upon choosing ANY timeline they ALL scale to 50. It only changes the version of the capital city for your expansion start quest. (so you can teleport to the expansion etc) And you random dungeon queue will be for that expansion only.

Cata is grouped with Classic zones and start at lvl 30 because they require flying. They scale 30-50 Classic zones still scale to 50 they do not end at 30. So at 30 when you are in the main city you get the Cata zones start quest. So if you are in wetlands and you don't want an aburt stop keep doing wetlands.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhrrngt View Post
    So you can quest anywhere when you choose a chromie timeline. Upon choosing ANY timeline they ALL scale to 50. It only changes the version of the capital city for your expansion start quest. (so you can teleport to the expansion etc) And you random dungeon queue will be for that expansion only.

Cata is grouped with Classic zones and start at lvl 30 because they require flying. They scale 30-50 Classic zones still scale to 50 they do not end at 30. So at 30 when you are in the main city you get the Cata zones start quest. So if you are in wetlands and you don't want an aburt stop keep doing wetlands.
    Weirdly enough, I couldn't find Garrosh or Vol'jin in Chromie Time, although the different timelines Warchiefs' were a point of them back at Blizzcon

#TEAMGIRAFFE