10+ Year Old Account

9/22 is National Voter Registration Day

Voting counts! Get yourself registered. Help others get registered.

https://nationalvoterregistrationday.org/

Some people hate voting.
    Some people hate the idea of other people voting.
    Dont be one of those guys.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Registered yesterday. Don't trust the mail so I'll be in person voting Nov. 3.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Many states have early in-person voting too, so that's also an option. It also helps to double check to see if you're still registered to vote. I voted in 2016 and 2018 and I still got kicked off the voter rolls so its a good thing I checked.

Just moved and gotta get my shit updated ASAP to make sure I can get the right ballot. Not even gonna fuck around with dropping it in the mail for USPS, I'll have to find a proper dropoff place in my county and deliver it directly.

Nothing beats being able to fill out your ballot from home though. Being able to research measures and downballot candidates you've never heard about is brilliant. I wouldn't want to be casting my vote for assessor or comptroller or whatever other position you literally never hear about without being able to check on who the hell they are beforehand. I ain't interested in bringin a dang cheat sheet with me, this ain't a highschool test.

Got my ballot in the mail today!
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been conflicted by either voting by mail or voting early in person.

Florida has no-questions asked mail-in voting and my family is fortunate to live relatively close to our county election offices and so we were considering dropping them off at the office in person after filling out the ballots.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

I have already voted.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    I've been conflicted by either voting by mail or voting early in person.

Florida has no-questions asked mail-in voting and my family is fortunate to live relatively close to our county election offices and so we were considering dropping them off at the office in person after filling out the ballots.
    Walking in.

I don't trust the post office.

I live in Connecticut for now so it's probably not an issue (and I mean like R:0,G:0,B:255 blue) but still. Fuck DeJoy and his bullshit, I'm not taking chances (well . . . except maybe covid, but CT'ers are good with mask wearing.)
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Walking in.

I don't trust the post office.

I live in Connecticut for now so it's probably not an issue (and I mean like R:0,G:0,B:255 blue) but still. Fuck DeJoy and his bullshit, I'm not taking chances (well . . . except maybe covid, but CT'ers are good with mask wearing.)
    Yeah, like I said, I think our plan was to drop them off at the elections office directly. Like you said, it circumvents Trump and DeJoys efforts to sabotage the election.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Dropped my ballot off at the Board of Elections today. Two votes against Trump! (including my wife)
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis