Redesigning the Shaman Class, because it's not that hard

Hey all for fun I'm throwing in some fun Class Changes that mean nothing because the developers have 0 imagination.

Elemental name changed to Volcano Man
    Volcano man has the Resource Fire Totems which spawn a Fire Elemental to fight for 30s
    Every 3 crits from an elemental shaman with give an Elemental a fire totem

Enhancement name changed to Zappy Boy
    Zappy builds electrical static as he fights at 5 stacks his attacks become empowered and deal extra lightning damage.
    At 10 stacks Zappy Boy can place a grounding totem that lasts for 30s and zaps nearby enemies.
    By Standing inbetween two grounding totems Zappy Boy gains increased haste and his lightning damage chain to nearby enemies

Restoration name changed to Totem Lord
    Totem Lord can place up to 4 totems every 30s from the following list
    Searing Totem - shoots fireballs at all enemies within 30 yds
    Healing Stream Totem - no change
    Air stream totem - All allies gain 3% haste
    Earthen Shield totem - periodically shield allies for approximately 5% HP
    plus all the other totems and may change it out at any time.

bho I would focus the caster on lightning as a lava caster would be identical to the fire mage ...

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    At 10 stacks Zappy Boy
    Becomes ZAPPY MAN!

Quote Originally Posted by soulearth86 View Post
    bho I would focus the caster on lightning as a lava caster would be identical to the fire mage ...
    Volcano Man name changed to Stormbringer
    your spells and abilities build up storm clouds up to maximum of 9 stacks. At 9 stacks your next Lightning bolt or chain lightning will cause electricity to ark off of you for 9 seconds to all nearby enemies for (huge damage)/(number of targets) and increase the nature damage they receive by 5% for 5s stacking up to 9 times.

is this your idea of a 'redesign'? lmao you could just put everything here on a talent row

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulearth86 View Post
    Destro Lock says hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    is this your idea of a 'redesign'? lmao you could just put everything here on a talent row
    Why make it a talent when it could be baseline?

Stop making ele a volcano boi ele needs to stay focused on lightning dmg. name him Thunderlord or even Thor!

Zappy boy is fine tho

Is this supposed to be a joke or a serious thread, because honestly I have no idea.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Is this supposed to be a joke or a serious thread, because honestly I have no idea.
    Volcano Man and Zappy Boy would like to let you know their existence is no joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Artale View Post
    Why make it a talent when it could be baseline?
    making an ability baseline does not constitute a redesign

Quote Originally Posted by Artale View Post
    Volcano Man and Zappy Boy would like to let you know their existence is no joke.
    Yeah the names are ridiculous but there is no comedic value in abilities themselves, they just sound like some boring attempt at class design.

To me it looks like op tried to give a shot at class design but already ran out of creativity at the step on naming.

Shaman needs a redesign in Hearthstone, not WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Yeah the names are ridiculous but there is no comedic value in abilities themselves, they just sound like some boring attempt at class design.

To me it looks like op tried to give a shot at class design but already ran out of creativity at the step on naming.
    nah im just not throwing it all at once

Elemental Lord

Row 100 Talents

Volcanic Protector Man Ascendant - turn into pure Lava ascendant until cancelled. Your Lightning Bolt becomes Magma Beam and your Earth Shock becomes Lava Burst.
    Lava Beam - channel magma at the target for moderate damage. If your target has flame shock applied you will channel (mastery) faster
    Lava Burst - same as live but fires off #of times equal to fulmination (consumes fulmination)
    (tribute will ferrel)

Frostburn Tundra Ascendant - Turn into a snow ascendant until cancelled. Your lightning bolt becomes Razor Shard and your earth Shock becomes Iceburg.
    Razor Shard - channel shards of razor sharp ice in a cone in front dealing average damage to all targets in front of you and applying Chilled.
    Chilled target takes increased damage from your frost spells for 18s and is slowed by 30%.
    Iceberg - drop a massive chunk of ice at the target location dealing moderate damage and breaking off into a # of ice mines equal to the amount of fulmination charges
    Ice mine - after 2s of arming does high damage in a small area to the first enemy that walks over it.

Lord of Lightning Ascendant - Casting Lightning bolt and Chain Lightning increases the damage of your next nature spell by 20%. Critical strikes decrease the cast time of your next spell by 20%.

It'S nOt tHaT hArD

~ Quote by man who's never done game design in his entire life.

PS: Joke or not, your ideas suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    snip
    it's not hard to make changes that are balanced or interesting. The true difficulty is not upsetting your player base or losing the reasons people started playing it in the first place. I've done quite a bit of design in my homebrew DnD games. Some were successes and some were failures. Blizzard has a whole crew to test things out and the best they came up with was no change at all. That's giving up. I want my Shaman to grow and develop.

PS: You try creating something and share

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Shaman needs a redesign in Hearthstone, not WoW.
    hmm i will agree to disagree with you on this topic

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    it's not hard to make changes that are balanced or interesting. The true difficulty is not upsetting your player base or losing the reasons people started playing it in the first place. I've done quite a bit of design in my homebrew DnD games. Some were successes and some were failures. Blizzard has a whole crew to test things out and the best they came up with was no change at all. That's giving up. I want my Shaman to grow and develop.

PS: You try creating something and share
    A redesign should be widely accepted. Even the current enhance rework is consiered mostly "good", but there are still some people which dont like the new enhance at all.

There are always people who like the current flow or which picked that spec because of that stuff. Redesigning often also means the need of new talents. Enhance talents are currently very badly balanced in beta. So having a stable class/spec means that they can focus on few good additions instead of having to redesign and retune stuff. It's taking so much time and effort to redesign stuff which could be used to simply improve the flow of the rotation, the damage profiles etc.