1. #1

    Why did Blizz remove the effects for all non-mythic Nathria and non-elite pvp sets?

    I am a very casual player and I never really did Mythic Raids or was really good at Elite PVP. But I always really liked collecting cool sets.

    I don't know when Blizz exactly changed designing Mythic Raid and Elite Pvp Sets to look a lot better than the normal raid or pvp sets (maybe since MoP?), but that was the moment I lost a lot of motivation to really do raids and normal pvp, because if you only do normal or casual content without a lot of time investment you only get the leftovers.

    As I had seen the leaks of the new Castle Nathria Sets and PVP Sets I was amazed, because they all looked very similar without huge upgrades etc. The only difference between M+ and LFR, Normal, Heroic Sets was the different color tints. They all looked cool, but you could still distinguish the people who wear Mythic Raid gear from the people who wear Heroic, Normal or LFR gear.

    But now they suddenly removed all the glowing effects and they still don't look that bad, but still not as cool and great as before.

    Why does Blizzard always have to design the lower sets worse than the Mythic Sets? Why don't they increase the glow effects for each level (LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic) instead of removing every glow effects from anything other than Mythic Sets?

    I liked the systems better with Wrath where the only way to distinguish Heroic and Normal Sets from each other was the color and not a completely upgraded look who makes the other version simply look inferior in any way.

    I really don't understand why Blizzard had to remove something which already existed for the armor models? Or maybe they are designing ways to upgrade the gear to add the glow effects again?

  2. #2
    Pandaren Monk taishar68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV USA
    Posts
    1,995
    Did they glow in game? I thought this was just a correction of datamined information?

    I don't like the way the sets look, glowing or not, so it doesn't matter to me, but unless they were glowing in beta, it's not like they changed anything already in place.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the last act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    Did they glow in game? I thought this was just a correction of datamined information?

    I don't like the way the sets look, glowing or not, so it doesn't matter to me, but unless they were glowing in beta, it's not like they changed anything already in place.
    To be honest. I don't really know. Could also be that they never glowed in the first place and the glow effects were just bugs. But I am still not a friend of designing Mythic sets much better than the rest. In my opinion a color distinction is more than enough. But this is also just my individual opinion.

  4. #4
    people like to have better rewards for more difficult content
    so it was probably to reflect that

    They could have made different sets for different difficulties instead of changing the color and the glow, but apparently they chose something else

  5. #5
    Pandaren Monk taishar68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV USA
    Posts
    1,995
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTaurenChieftain View Post
    To be honest. I don't really know. Could also be that they never glowed in the first place and the glow effects were just bugs. But I am still not a friend of designing Mythic sets much better than the rest. In my opinion a color distinction is more than enough. But this is also just my individual opinion.
    I think it might be because the Mythic sets are not as distinct as they were in previous tiers, I think they're exactly the same save the tints.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the last act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

  6. #6
    More difficult content should reward better gear (stats / aesthetics), and I say that as someone who doesn't run mythics
    A fictional character doesn't give a flying fart what you think. They do not exist.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTaurenChieftain View Post
    I am a very casual player and I never really did Mythic Raids or was really good at Elite PVP. But I always really liked collecting cool sets.

    I don't know when Blizz exactly changed designing Mythic Raid and Elite Pvp Sets to look a lot better than the normal raid or pvp sets (maybe since MoP?), but that was the moment I lost a lot of motivation to really do raids and normal pvp, because if you only do normal or casual content without a lot of time investment you only get the leftovers.

    As I had seen the leaks of the new Castle Nathria Sets and PVP Sets I was amazed, because they all looked very similar without huge upgrades etc. The only difference between M+ and LFR, Normal, Heroic Sets was the different color tints. They all looked cool, but you could still distinguish the people who wear Mythic Raid gear from the people who wear Heroic, Normal or LFR gear.

    But now they suddenly removed all the glowing effects and they still don't look that bad, but still not as cool and great as before.

    Why does Blizzard always have to design the lower sets worse than the Mythic Sets? Why don't they increase the glow effects for each level (LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic) instead of removing every glow effects from anything other than Mythic Sets?

    I liked the systems better with Wrath where the only way to distinguish Heroic and Normal Sets from each other was the color and not a completely upgraded look who makes the other version simply look inferior in any way.

    I really don't understand why Blizzard had to remove something which already existed for the armor models? Or maybe they are designing ways to upgrade the gear to add the glow effects again?
    Of course Mythic raid sets should be better looking than normal raid sets. It's a reward for doing harder content. Simple as that. If you want the best things then you have to work for it.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTaurenChieftain View Post
    I am a very casual player and I never really did Mythic Raids or was really good at Elite PVP. But I always really liked collecting cool sets.

    I don't know when Blizz exactly changed designing Mythic Raid and Elite Pvp Sets to look a lot better than the normal raid or pvp sets (maybe since MoP?), but that was the moment I lost a lot of motivation to really do raids and normal pvp, because if you only do normal or casual content without a lot of time investment you only get the leftovers.

    As I had seen the leaks of the new Castle Nathria Sets and PVP Sets I was amazed, because they all looked very similar without huge upgrades etc. The only difference between M+ and LFR, Normal, Heroic Sets was the different color tints. They all looked cool, but you could still distinguish the people who wear Mythic Raid gear from the people who wear Heroic, Normal or LFR gear.

    But now they suddenly removed all the glowing effects and they still don't look that bad, but still not as cool and great as before.

    Why does Blizzard always have to design the lower sets worse than the Mythic Sets? Why don't they increase the glow effects for each level (LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic) instead of removing every glow effects from anything other than Mythic Sets?

    I liked the systems better with Wrath where the only way to distinguish Heroic and Normal Sets from each other was the color and not a completely upgraded look who makes the other version simply look inferior in any way.

    I really don't understand why Blizzard had to remove something which already existed for the armor models? Or maybe they are designing ways to upgrade the gear to add the glow effects again?
    Yes please. Take everything away from completing difficult stuff. F that seriously. It is not even, that you can't just get the set the next expansion. I got the sets from BlackrockFoundry in Legion. And thank god. Because i like both of them.

    Next people complain, that mythic raiders have another colour tint. Please take that away. Lets all run around in a grey box. So no one gets anything.
    And yes i am triggered.
    At least make the LFR one worse like it was in Hellfire CItadel. There is NOTHING in this game where you see someone and say: Look he is a good player. He did something i can't. (me included).
    Why have sets in the first place. Just hand the transmog out on the first day of the patch.
    Getting good looking gear was something too strife for. No everyone has the same set by accidantly doing a WQ or running LFR once every blue moon.

    In Nylotha we at least had a few more tentacles. WoW just hands out participation trophies...

  9. #9
    Am I the only person who thinks mythic sets often look the worst because they nearly always suffer from a bad case of shit colors or walking christmas tree?

  10. #10
    Oh, sadface How does it look then on beta, lfr/normal/heroic?

    Just looked at wowhead and got transmogasm(again) but since you and others now say the glowing is gone I got kinda sad, a little bit. Not because mythic players should get something a bit cooler though, I think thats fair.

    I can see them inside my head now without glow and they still fucking rock, but maybe someone got any screenshots so I can see?
    - Enough prattling. Let them come. We shall grind their bones to dust.

  11. #11
    Getting elite pvp gear doesn't take a lot of time. If you are good enough you can easily get 2.4k while only playing 5-6 hours a week.

  12. #12
    Pandaren Monk taishar68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV USA
    Posts
    1,995
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Am I the only person who thinks mythic sets often look the worst because they nearly always suffer from a bad case of shit colors or walking christmas tree?
    All of the Nathria gear looks awful to me, but that is of course subjective. Leather gets pointy shoes, Mail gets 3-toed boots!, and plate boots look like a stun gun. Add the glowy shoulders, the goofy leather hat, odd mail shoulders and as always an awful cloth set, and it just makes me appreciate Xmog all the more.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the last act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

  13. #13
    Just wait another expansion or two expansions, and you'll be able to solo Nathria mythic raids.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    All of the Nathria gear looks awful to me, but that is of course subjective. Leather gets pointy shoes, Mail gets 3-toed boots!, and plate boots look like a stun gun. Add the glowy shoulders, the goofy leather hat, odd mail shoulders and as always an awful cloth set, and it just makes me appreciate Xmog all the more.
    I know it's all subjective, but I absolutely adore the cloth set! Shame I'm playing a Warrior

  15. #15
    Pandaren Monk taishar68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV USA
    Posts
    1,995
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    I know it's all subjective, but I absolutely adore the cloth set! Shame I'm playing a Warrior
    Thats why we have alts! I’m trying not to be too negative about the sets just yet. Sometimes they look better in game anyway, so here’s hoping.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the last act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

  16. #16
    Better looking gear is supposed to be the reward for doing the harder content. If Mythic just gets a recolour, it's more likely to look subjectively worse than the gear from easier content. It's more likely to look better if you add extra effects to it, as we can see from your response. If you want it, find a better guild or get it next expansion. Nothing wrong with having the guys doing the hard content being rewarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •