Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Once again, getting rid of bonus rolls makes RNG WORSE. Bonus rolls were a form of bad luck prevention. You had TWO CHANCES to get loot from a specific boss. Which means it reduces RNG because you've increased your odds. Saying bonus roll removal is a good thing is like saying buying only one lottery card as opposed to 10 will somehow make your chances better. Everyone saying bonus roll removal is a good thing absolutely has no fucking idea how statistics work.
    You are right.
    Doesn't change the fact that they remove bonus rolls for the godlike weekly vault we get that offsets the loss easily.

It was a given that they had to remove/slow gear acquisition down somehow, since bonus rolls were an annoying thing for every week anyways... why not?

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    You are right.
    Doesn't change the fact that they remove bonus rolls for the godlike weekly vault we get that offsets the loss easily.

It was a given that they had to remove/slow gear acquisition down somehow, since bonus rolls were an annoying thing for every week anyways... why not?
    Because it hurts more casual players. We're going to see another WoD incident where players just up and left the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    100% hurts the new content, which is shadowlands. say for instance you want to have 100% mog of whatever you can use, leather for instance. not having those rolls hurts you.
    You are implying that people would waste bonus rolls on mogs while the expansion is current content? Very unlikely and this comes from someone spending a lot of time on mogging and farming mogs. People that regularly do M+ and Raids will gain the full sets anyway without wasting bonus rolls.

If you mean for farming after Shadowlands ended then, geezus, chill. That is 3 years in the future, who knows how the system changed by then.

In any case, this change is by far too minor for such an over the top reaction.

Because it hurts more casual players. We're going to see another WoD incident where players just up and left the game.
    Completely on your side. Bonus rolls helped so much, people only remember the bad time and roll to get gold or whatever, now you get nothing, something is better than nothing. Now you have to work on your weekly chest and get what three bracers in it that all suck but lest you get to choose lol

No?!?
    Besides the ton of features that SL already has over WoD you also have to do some stuff for the weekly vault (on the level you chose to play) to be able to choose out of several things.

Most casual/cyclical players don't even care about this kind of stuff too much anyways, wod just had nothing to do once you level'd, did your garrison and went through hc dungeons and the lfr once, SL looks completely different so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuciek View Post
    But it isn't your math. You see, there will always be unlucky people, but you also forgot that there are lucky people out there. Implementing two luck based systems increases the gap even more. If you had the weekly chest and bonus rolls some people would still not get upgrade, while others would get upgrades from both, leaving those unlucky at EVEN BIGGER disadvantage. So removing luck based systems (bonus rolls) is actually in favor of those unlucky. Can you see this? Why would unlucky people want a system that's based around the luck that they DON'T HAVE?

Weekly chest is actually better for them because they will always get one item, big or small upgrade - always an upgrade. With coins you could get AP all expansion long if you were really unlucky, while others got their BiS items in first weeks. With this sytem they might get BiS from chest but that's one item, not extra item that you had luck to get from bonus roll. Just one. Everyone gets one. Also understand that the gear progression is slowing down, Blizzard wants everyone to gear up slower in general, get less items but have the loot be more meaningful.
    its basic statistics bruh. not having the bonus rolls just hurts everyone, lucky and unlucky alike. even though technically speaking "luck" doesnt exist but thats a whole different argument. weekly chest is going to just be a forced grind every week in order to max out. slowing down gear acquisition is just idiotic. if they wanted gear progression and loot to matter they wouldn't be constantly squishing ilvls and making it feel stupid as fuck going back to doing the same old damage we were doing several expansions ago and now they went a stupid further with the bullshit of squishing levels. they could just put smaller gaps between ilvls in the raid tiers so you arent progressing so fast and do what they did with cata and mop with only adding 5 levels. blizzards go to global bandaid for everything is just remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Completely on your side. Bonus rolls helped so much, people only remember the bad time and roll to get gold or whatever, now you get nothing, something is better than nothing. Now you have to work on your weekly chest and get what three bracers in it that all suck but lest you get to choose lol
    I really hope you can see the irony in your comment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    You are implying that people would waste bonus rolls on mogs while the expansion is current content? Very unlikely and this comes from someone spending a lot of time on mogging and farming mogs. People that regularly do M+ and Raids will gain the full sets anyway without wasting bonus rolls.

If you mean for farming after Shadowlands ended then, geezus, chill. That is 3 years in the future, who knows how the system changed by then.

In any case, this change is by far too minor for such an over the top reaction.
    there are 100% people that bonus roll for items purely for transmog in current content.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad it's going away because it was just another thing to worry about before raid. Also I was mostly using it to cheese the weapon off first boss in Mythic. It was extra azerite like 90% of the time.

So something isn't bad luck prevention unless it guarantees you get something? That's asinine. It's bad luck prevention because it increases your odds. That's how that works. The titan residuum vendor was just that... a vendor. Calling it bad luck prevention is ridiculous because even the vendor had RNG.

And if you're looking at it from a game design perspective and thinking the removal actually helps people, then please don't get a job as a game designer. Reducing a player's chances of getting a piece of gear means they are going to be shit out of luck for far longer. The bonus rolls drastically increased their chances even if it didn't 100% guarantee a piece of gear. Literally nobody benefits from its removal. It will only make things a lot worse.
    Fun fact: you're one of very few people in this topic that actually are against removal. You just repeat the same nonsense. You talked about statistics so use them. You can't say something is bad luck prevention if it's a luck based mechanism, that's it. Bonus roll is not bad luck prevention because everyone gets it so you don't get an extra chance because you were unlucky. EVERYONE get's extra chance, no matter if they were lucky or not, and if you are unlucky you are screwed more than you would be without it in game. Is adding more bosses to the raid a bad luck protection according to you? Because that's basicly what bonus roll is, just another lucky roll on a loot table for everyone. Titan residuum was not just a vendor. It's like you can't read and you can't understand ideas that everyone agreed what they are and why they were implemented. Titan residuum was implemented as a bad luck prevention system, yet you argue and you try to act smart, when you're not. Titan residuum IS a bad luck prevention system, that's a fact, and it doesn't matter if you like it or not and if you will acknowledge it or not.

I'm done, because you can't even grasp simple things, yet you started off with telling everyone they don't know how statistics work. Okay, bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuciek View Post
    Fun fact: you're one of very few people in this topic that actually are against removal. You just repeat the same nonsense. You talked about statistics so use them. You can't say something is bad luck prevention if it's a luck based mechanism, that's it. Bonus roll is not bad luck prevention because everyone gets it so you don't get an extra chance because you were unlucky. EVERYONE get's extra chance, no matter if they were lucky or not, and if you are unlucky you are screwed more than you would be without it in game. Is adding more bosses to the raid a bad luck protection according to you? Because that's basicly what bonus roll is, just another lucky roll on a loot table for everyone. Titan residuum was not just a vendor. It's like you can't read and you can't understand ideas that everyone agreed what they are and why they were implemented. Titan residuum was implemented as a bad luck prevention system, yet you argue and you try to act smart, when you're not. Titan residuum IS a bad luck prevention system, that's a fact, and it doesn't matter if you like it or not and if you will acknowledge it or not.

I'm done, because you can't even grasp simple things, yet you started off with telling everyone they don't know how statistics work. Okay, bye.
    All right well you clearly have no idea what bad luck prevention is. So there really is no point in me addressing the rest of your post.

This is offset by the chest. You have more chances each week total and the same chances in given content you focus on. No reason to be mad.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    No?!?
    Besides the ton of features that SL already has over WoD you also have to do some stuff for the weekly vault (on the level you chose to play) to be able to choose out of several things.

Most casual/cyclical players don't even care about this kind of stuff too much anyways, wod just had nothing to do once you level'd, did your garrison and went through hc dungeons and the lfr once, SL looks completely different so far.
    SL has very little end game too. There's raiding and Torghast. That's it. And so far Torghast has looked to be underwhelming and repetitive. So yeah....likely gonna be another WoD scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by robthelerm View Post
    I understand where you are coming from, but getting showered in gear is lame. How much azerite gear/gear did you scrap/sell in BFA? Gear drops like candy, especially in later tiers. The coin would only be good if they made tier sets again, raid only. With less RNG in SL, we dont really need a coin. We have options.
    The chance of getting loot using coin is actually pretty low. So we weren't actually getting showered with loot like you've said. But you may be right with regards to having less RNG with the new weekly chest option. I haven't actually done my reading on the chest loot. Are we able to specifically target loot from a boss or just get a chance at any loot for a specific slot? It might actually be worse than having the option to use coins depending on how it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Biden is a creepy old dude, I will not be voting for the guy.
    ^ This is from a self-proclaimed Trump-hater who goes round vote-policing, berating and insulting other users for expressing their doubts and reservations about Joe Biden. He also urges others to end relationships and friendships just to "vote Trump out". https://ibb.co/2jRnZGC He can't seem to walk the talk himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing change.
    Stupid coins are just a currency sink anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    They removed various grinds and rng layers they relied on to keep people interested, so to compensate the loot rains are toned down too.

I'm not terribly convinced bonus roll had to go, but I imagine it's part of their efforts to clamp on all these loot tsunamis they unleashed in 2 last expansions that did get a bit silly.

Overall I won't be crying over that one, it's a step back to sanity as a whole. There won't be bonus rolls, but there won't be WF/TF or ~14 socket possibilities either, so it sort of balances out there.

SL has very little end game too. There's raiding and Torghast. That's it. And so far Torghast has looked to be underwhelming and repetitive. So yeah....likely gonna be another WoD scenario.
    I'm wondering if we play the same game/where on the same beta...

Have fun staying mad.

With titanforging gone, nobody has ANY incentive to rekill a boss they already got loot from anyway, which means less raids in general, less carries in pugs, more people leaving after boss kills etc.. so in the end Blizz does you a favor as you would struggle to actually use your bonus rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how people react when, over and over, they get no loot in liue of getting loot they can't use. Personally, I prefer getting loot more regularly. I don't care if it is often not bis. I like seeing a regular reward even if its not bis. However, I get that that can be frustrating to other players. Going to be interesting to see how things fall out over the next couple months.

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely doesn't sound unreasonable.
    Personaly cant wait for 6 pants in a row.

Who am I kidding, I am skipping this dumpster fire, learned my lesson after BfA.

Another wod? Holy shit that would be great, definitly a step up from the past 5 years, but no, their will be more content along the way, this diablo 3 metrics are completly bullshit and shoul never ever EVER have gotten into our world of warcraft.