Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yeah, thats way over 6 month IF you're lucky with the random rolls (lets face it, you won't get that lucky). Even 8-9 months is not very likely.
    M+ can not be used as a method to get gear and you gain nothing else from it either.

It is indead dead content.

- - - Updated - - -

You need mythic 10 bosses and 10 M+ at 14 or higer and even then i'ts just one item at random. Hardly that good.
    So content that gives you a max ilvl item every week cannot be used to gear up and gives nothing?
    Because you won't be fully geared via it in a few months?

I don't think the words you typed mean what you think they mean since both conclusions are factually wrong.

Now if you want to argue that M+ will not allow you to get a full set of max ilvl gear quickly enough then we can discuss that (spoiler, I think this system is mostly fine. someone raiding is most likely not going to get more then 1 piece a week either) but your notion that it doesn't give gear is patently false.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    So content that gives you a max ilvl item every week cannot be used to gear up and gives nothing?
    Because you won't be fully geared via it in a few months?

I don't think the words you typed mean what you think they mean since both conclusions are factually wrong.

Now if you want to argue that M+ will not allow you to get a full set of max ilvl gear quickly enough then we can discuss that (spoiler, I think this system is mostly fine. someone raiding is most likely not going to get more then 1 piece a week either) but your notion that it doesn't give gear is patently false.
    You get less than normal gear from mythic+ and a random item every week. You also get about one item every 5 dungeons.
    The first patch of Shadowlands will before you're able to use M+ as a way to gear up. It's simply n o longer worth doing.

It also doesn't give you max level gear. Only mythic raids give you that.

It gives the same ilvl via chest as all but the last 2 Mythic bosses.
    The dungeons themselves give gear between normal and heroic.

So for a person who doesn't want to raid but likes dungeons its perfectly viable way of gearing, which is what it is supposed to be.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    I fixed your post to more accurately portray the playerbase's feelings on bonus roll currency.
    thats not even remotely accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    Bonus coins are annoying. No thanks.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    in classic we have 2-3 items per boss split on 40 people
    Again, bigger picture. Besides that you also have:
    1. Much easier difficulty so that gear literally doesn't matter.
    2. Master loot / ability to trade loot as you see fit.
    3. Possibility to pug raids on "hardest" difficulty.
    4. More time in between raid tiers.

So the bigger picture tells you that you don't actually need that gear to progress, while on retail a lot of guilds just wont go further without it.

Imo, blizzard went full retard with difficulty and that is the major problem.

In classic you can actually clear entire raid without having a single item from it. In retail it is practically impossible.

As someone who never got MotB or DBW when it was current I am fine with this change.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    I fixed your post to more accurately portray the playerbase's feelings on bonus roll currency.
    This thread strongly supports that as well.

- - - Updated - - -

It seems very accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    This thread strongly supports that as well.

- - - Updated - - -

It seems very accurate.
    everyone is entitled to their wrong opinion.

Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

M+ can not be used as a method to get gear and you gain nothing else from it either.
    It is indead dead content.
    Ah another excellent premonition quote from Aggrophobic
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

everyone is entitled to their wrong opinion.
    The response in this thread is there for all to see - and it's clearly almost entirely positive or indifferent. It's a few negative ppl arguing the same tired and factually incorrect "data" over and over again. If you are attempting to troll, it's not working. If you are genuine, you need to put your agenda aside, and read the responses in the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    The response in this thread is there for all to see - and it's clearly almost entirely positive or indifferent. It's a few negative ppl arguing the same tired and factually incorrect "data" over and over again. If you are attempting to troll, it's not working. If you are genuine, you need to put your agenda aside, and read the responses in the thread.
    just because people are vocal does not mean it is fact. its a fucking garbage change and you cant change my mind. i dont have an "agenda". i've read the responses. i dont have to agree with them nor care about them. same goes to people opposing my viewpoint.

its a fucking garbage change and you cant change my mind. i dont have an "agenda".
    Oh a self burn, those are rare!

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I mean, they literally said they want to make loot more "prestigious" to get. And they're making multiple efforts to limit the sources of gear.

There's no point in wondering what the drop rates will be, the answer definitely isn't going to be increased considering all of their actions.

And why would you say this is great, and then literally point out the exact flaw that is only going to get worse now? Now you'll be spamming even MORE for a single piece of gear because you're not getting bonus roll chances each week either.

The weekly chest. That always gave a piece of gear anyway if you did M+ in addition to bonus rolls. You're getting less items, I'm genuinely confused where you're getting "more" from.

That isn't even touching upon that PvP and M+ had separate chests weekly, and now they're also both rolled into one.
    thats the point, they made this system like it is now on bfa, and now getting hard gear is a chore bc you get almost the same with just spamming some dungeons on +14. we have unguent caress with super low drop rate, and then everthing else is just too easy. how can a spammable dungeon can give more than Heroic-weekly-locked raid? also, you dont need to time the dungeon. and right now the vault in SL is super OP, so i think they made the best changes they could've ever done on this topic. ill drop 3ilvl to the weekly chest tho, but thats for other day. lol

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Ah another excellent premonition quote from Aggrophobic
    Oh, great. I have an insane stalker. How flattering.

Oh, great. I have an insane stalker. How flattering.
    Its your own quotes, in case you forgot
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    One user said there is no longer a reward from doing M+ and said that even though they enjoyed M+ they would no longer do it. If that's not inconsistent then I don't know what is. Clearly they only enjoyed M+ as an efficient way to gear up. It's funny how all these people who "love M+" now won't do it when it doesn't reward BIS. Good on the devs for seeing how bad M+ was contributing to ilvl bloat.
    Well M+ rewards are scaled down (at least for Season 1 SL) with the end of dungeon chest only offering a ilv 210 item (weekly chest is reaches cap of 226 at +14). And the only rewards from Mythic Raid that exceeds M+ is the loot from the final two bosses in Nathria which drops ilv 233 (7 ilv higher).

Generally speaking, there should still be good competition from M+ loot even for Mythic level raiders.

Now an additional change the Great Vault represents is that less players will be able to gear up beyond Normal Nathria as to be able to share/funnel loot to teammates. Because of the end of Chest rewarding a maximum of ilv 210, this is lower than Heroic Nathria loot of ilv 213.

Also note that in previous tiers (prior to BFA season 4), you did have WF/TF that increased the "lotto" chance of getting something close to Mythic raid loot without being a mythic raider.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.