Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post

Weekly Vault has a chance of having double loot so that doesn't fix anything. Also, most casual players will not see much use from the Vault at all. Also, the removal of wf/tf doesn't improve anything. It doesn't solve the garbage RNG that is present in WoW and now they've basically eliminated one of the bad luck prevention mechanics. Blizzard are really doing everything they can to make Shadowlands a terrible expansion.
    Already long confirmed that this is not intended on beta and will not go live.

Edit: dude, i know you are one of the negative nancys of this forum but the weekly vault as long as you do something in it is much more worth than 2 fucking bonusrolls...
    Last edited by LuckyOne; 2020-09-23 at 04:50 AM.

Did people really feel buying slot machine pulls every week was a great RPG game design?

Is the lore base that the boss poops out another item when you stick your bonus coin up it’s butt?

Quote Originally Posted by perkocet View Post
    There has to be something that I've miss with regards to The Great Vault because telling casual raiders to do a mythic+15 to replace their bonus rolls is a really big 'Go Fuck Yourself'.
    its not in response to bonus rolls. the vault gives you an option of 3 choices per activity that you do. 3 for raid, 3 for m+, and 3 for pvp. of the 9 items you select one. it gives you a higher chance to get an item you actually want instead of a random item every week like you did in the previous weekly boxes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mezmaron View Post
    Wow this sounds awful. I really hope this is reverted early in SL. Loot acquisition was much more annoying before before there were bonus rolls and titanforging. I was really hoping we could get back titanforging in SL.
    I massively disagree, and i was a person stuck with sunfry bow of the phoenix from kara all the way to illidan....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Artelia View Post
    They will never learn. Losing players every expansion because they trying to make this game around few percent of players is not enough apperently. Well, maybe next expansion ....

Raiders here will be always. YES I NEED MORE ILVL THEN OTHERS. But this will not work for...like...90% of player base.
    I feel you are confused... only the mythic level of gear is higher ilvl. thats what.. the top 5%? for everyone else M+ will still give you the same ilvl (actually i think it is slightly higher) of loot as heroic raids.

I hope Blizzard is gonna give those who immediately ran to the forums to cry about titanforging as soon as their guildmate got a forged item a really, really hard time.

Weekly Vault has a chance of having double loot.
    No it doesn't, they already adressed that they have fixed that.

Quote Originally Posted by JuanFiles View Post
    With all due respect... that makes no sense...

With less RNG (like TF, corruptions or what have you) this means it will be easier to target that specific piece of loot that you want, and once you get it... that's it! No need to roll to maybe get it this time titanforged, or with the corruption u want, etc! The loot will be more straight in SL so there is less need of a failsafe mechanic (aka bonus roll).

Let me put it this other way: There was no such thing as bonus roll in wow untill 4 expansions later! Bonus roll was first introduced in Pandaria... in 2012! And noone complained!

I think this is a good change. So long they don't re-introduce random systems like ttf, and there's less rng and a more straight pool of loot, the bonus rolls should NOT be needed.
    How tf do you "target" loot with PL.
    PL is the issue and a treadmill to keep people paying.
    2008 - 2018 World of Warcraft.
    Times change.

Quote Originally Posted by xblubbx View Post
    I hope Blizzard is gonna give those who immediately ran to the forums to cry about titanforging as soon as their guildmate got a forged item a really, really hard time.
    Weekly vault is fantastic though..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    How tf do you "target" loot with PL.
    PL is the issue and a treadmill to keep people paying.
    Same for you.

i am totally fine with all that changes. could make wow great again. but i think all the ppl started Mid-WoD/Legion or higher, will have a hard time.

Rarer loot is welcome but i dont like the fact that (again) an m+15 dungeon rewards the same gear as playing above 2,4k on pvp. you really cant compare those things. make it m18 or m20 so its more balanced.

and i know that running +15 is harder at the start of a patch but ppl will do +15 very soon and get the best gear for like nothing while pvp'ers have to be like top 5000 to earn that..

Edit: btw i like alot of the new gear changes, i dont need 191251 epics at once where 99% from are shit so the vault only giving you 1 item per week but with more options if you do more is very cool! also like the changes to m+ only rewarding one item, its just fair when its the only content where you can spam content and target the things you want.
    Last edited by crazyswayzee; 2020-09-23 at 05:24 AM.

This is the best change i have seen so far, removal of bonus loot, woohoooo

Wow there are small brains on here. Blizzard takes more away from you and you are happy with it again.. they could piss in your cornflakes and you call it milk.

This seems like a really good change. It's steering the game back on track to be an RPG, not an ARPG.

So Blizzard is telling people who don't raid super often to go fuck themselves by removing bonus rolls. Shadowlands more and more looks like an absolute shit expansion.
    Are you implying this change hurts non-raiders more than it does raiders?
    Outside of raids the rolls could only be applied to grindable, suboptimal ilvl drops...

They really are running out of ideas to keep the carrot on the stick, aren't they?!

I'm getting sick of Blizzard listening to the fucking loud minority. Raiders constantly push for non-hardcore players to not get access to rewards anywhere near as good as the higher difficulties of raiding. This is just the beginning and if they keep going down this path then WoW is actually going to die.
    Here's the thing about wow, every section of the community is a damn minority. Get 100 wow fans in a room you'll get no consensus on how to make the game, it's more likely you'll have the 100 people chosen at random and have 200 contradicting ideas that can't exist in the same game. Than you would any of them agreeing on anything.

The incapability of some people to realize the simple reality that the offered choice leads to faster gearing is telling of how high the "community opinion" should be valued.

The reduction of RNG rewards is the best thing that happened to the game the past two expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Wow there are small brains on here. Blizzard takes more away from you and you are happy with it again.. they could piss in your cornflakes and you call it milk.
    Blizzard replaces one thing with another and some people are happy, while others are not. This is how the game has worked for a long time. Is one guaranteed piece of gear chosen from among up to nine pieces more valuable than a percentage chance of gear from a specified loot table? It really depends on the player. For those doing PvP and Mythic+, downsizing to one chest with more options instead of two random chests is probably less valuable. For those who only raided, this is probably better (choice of three randomly selected pieces instead of two chances for specific tables).

Ultimately I found the bonus roll annoying (I will not miss that pop-up after every kill/run), with personal loot being far easier for targeting gear (Fellow player doesn't need anything from that boss? Have them change their spec to fish for the item you want. You don't want anything from the boss after? Fish for an item useful for someone else.). That's not changing. The selection of loot from some pre-generated choices may or may not be better, but I'm going to give it a chance before I accuse everyone else of having "small brains."

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    Oh yes, finally!

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    You keep saying 15s are easy in pretty much every m+ thread, doesn't get more true the more often you do though.

15s are easy for you. Timing all 15s even now at the end of corruption tier means you are in the top 10% of mythic+ players, heroic raids are easier.
    You're right. It doesn't get more true the more often I say it because it was already 100% true the first time. But people like to live in their small comfortable bubbles of disillusion instead of realizing the truth.

Since Legion, player are feeling more and more entitled to the best gear in the game without having to put in any significant effort. And this is Blizzards fault because of all their welfare gear. Players are going to get 226 gear from +14s in SL which is more than enough. Players should be doing +20 keys to get 226 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    With no RNG on loot (like TF, corruptions or what have you) you have to have this holy graail of item that never drops for you to keep on playing. No bonus loot = even harder to get the trinket you deam of = people paying subs. Scales have to be balanced.
    Looks like people allways stoped playing the game after getting their dream trinket or their dream item...

You guys really like to spit nonsense all the time.