Thread: WB = RIP Server

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

WB = RIP Server

I don't remember this as the classic experience; entire server logging in at the exact time to get DM/ZG/Flower/Ony/Nef/Rend .. Only to go into a raid and 30sec bosses .. How is that fun?

BRING BACK LAYERS MANY OF THEM!!
    Last edited by Cempa; 2020-09-23 at 04:47 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    I don't remember this as the classic experience; entire server logging in at the exact time to get DM/ZG/Flower/Ony/Nef/Rend .. Only to go into a raid and 30sec bosses .. How is that fun?
    Welcome to the age of knowing everything about a game.

What did you expect from an old game with nothing new.

its just optimised I guess, on the bright side ppl should be more in awe of the fact that there are server discords and that ppl actually organize buff popping on a server wide scale which is a level of interaction that didn't exist back in the day but is interesting to see now.

the fun was always in the being there, joining into a game where you know noone, joining a guild growing cohesion, getting better at playing your class, this is the fun. the team spirit.

3+ Year Old Account
    It's not and that's exactly why Blizzard didn't want to make classic server in the first place.

They knew it would be a cesspool of cancerous toxicity, incorrect opinions, regressive mentality and broken gameplay/progression.

They were right, everyone who wanted it was wrong (unless they also knew how it would turn out and wanted this, which is even more concerning because it's not right to want that shit).

At least it hyped up the entire franchise overall and retail is turning for the better in the end.

WBs also totally trivialize almost all the content too. I mean it is fairly easy without them. With them it's just a yawn fest. Kind of made this werid situation where people pay for a monthly sub that they want to play as little as possible doing the content. I won't knock it. People play how people want to play. I just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    It's not and that's exactly why Blizzard didn't want to make classic server in the first place.

They knew it would be a cesspool of cancerous toxicity, incorrect opinions, regressive mentality and broken gameplay/progression.

They were right, everyone who wanted it was wrong (unless they also knew how it would turn out and wanted this, which is even more concerning because it's not right to want that shit).

At least it hyped up the entire franchise overall and retail is turning for the better in the end.
    Can't hear you from atop your ivory tower.

you definitely have a point when it comes to stacking buffs which makes you need to play the game less, but I suppose it is just the pinnacle of optimization, the game itself for me just comes down to, I enjoy it, I have time to do it. for me its more of a getting to see the content while it was relevant thing, I enjoy being part of a guild that consistently logs in to progress and gear up toons, ultimately there is no point to it, in terms of world buffs I feel as though its going to not matter so much for naxx because its going to be very difficult to keep buffs for the entire raid, I think its likely that at least on progression, a lot of naxx is going to have to be done without WBs. wiping is likely going to be easy and I don't see WB lasting that long. perhaps we'll be lucky and get a few bosses down with WB's but I think ppl will lose them to random shit and clearing the whole place with WBs is unlikely at least for us non-mlg pro guilds. we have aq40 down in less than 2hrs now so we still had some wb left for viscidus last week I think. I just see a lot of naxx boss attempts being 0 world buff attempts in the progression weeks. the first two or three weeks maybe might be pretty rough and could be extremely wipey. i'm tanking but I'm still not really sure yet if ill need to make some gear and spec adjustments to deal with any potential globalling. I don't know how its going to be tuned or the relative spike damage vs what we see in aq40. I don't suppose it'll be super difficult, but I fully expect the low geared progression first few raids to be wipe fests.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-09-23 at 05:24 PM.

The best part of world buffs is playing a class that dispel them. Making nerds rage fuels me

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    ah my guild isn't that way. I mean every single aspect of everything has been broken down yet more than half my guild is too inept or lazy to bother looking at any information.

At least a quarter of my guild is either raiding or even playing WoW for the first time. I would guess we have maybe 5 people that come to raid with buffs and consumables. The rest just show up with whatever they might have collected during the week. We aren't going to set any kill records, but we have fun. Just because you hate classic because of the world buff meta doesn't mean everyone else feels the same. Even those of us that played vanilla are enjoying going through content with a different perspective.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    Can't hear you from atop your ivory tower.
    Just take the elevator and come have a beer, pretty comfy up here.

10+ Year Old Account
    "You could wear gear that would make you more powerful and allow your raid to be better"

"no thanks!"

that's what you sound like. Sure, it's a little much to get every single buff... but getting head and heart buffs is literally a matter of being in the correct place at the correct time if your server schedules them as mine does. DM buffs are pretty easy but doing them efficiently requires summoning etc. Songflower... I've never bothered with. Faire buffs...sure if it's up near my faction's capitol city, why not?

"But it's not like 2005!"

Check the calendar.

I don't remember this as the classic experience...
    The way to combat non-classic experiences is with more non-classic experiences?
    Alrighty then.

I play with a bunch of casuals who dont give a fuck about WB or whats "meta" or not. We have no trouble walking over all content without hesitation, and any wipes are met with laughter and jeering, as we all understand how simplistic and almost child like the content is.

There are plenty of groups like this, however, there seems to be an awful lot of failed retail players in classic flexing their epeen and bossing their raid teams around, pretending they are high end raiders completing some difficult challenge.

The solution remains the same, in classic, retail, or any other game or social activity - find like minded individuals and you'll have more fun. I played Rugby with a social team years ago, and 2 of the players were convinced they were going to be fucking All Blacks or something, while the rest of us had a can of beer at half time. Once they left the team, things improved a lot.

I really do love reading people's like yours posts.

"everyone who wanted it was wrong" ... it's just mind blowing how you can speak for an entire community as well as Blizzard's thoughts themselves and presented as fact. I genuinely struggle to imagine people like you exist until I see it with my own eyes. Keep it up.
    Last edited by csguba; 2020-09-24 at 11:40 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by csguba View Post
    I really do love reading people's like yours posts.

"everyone who wanted it was wrong" ... it's just mind blowing how you can speak for an entire community as well as Blizzard's thoughts themselves and presented as fact. I genuinely struggle to imagine people like you exist until I see it with my own eyes. Keep it up.
    Just like I have a hard time imagining people really take every single word as absolutely religious truth and have no concept of typical conversational habits between human beings, aaaaaaaaaaaaaand be so easily infuriated by things that don't matter like a no name post on a gaming forum.

Im going back and playing Fallout: 3. Should I ignore everything I know about the game to relive a nostalgic experience, or should I play it with the knowledge I have after already playing it? Should you be able to decide my choice?

I don't remember this as the classic experience
    Because it's not the classic experience. You can't get the classic experience nowadays. You can get something close to it, but that's it.

I think the overall gameplay would be much better without them, but that ship has long sailed.

Just like I have a hard time imagining people really take every single word as absolutely religious truth and have no concept of typical conversational habits between human beings, aaaaaaaaaaaaaand be so easily infuriated by things that don't matter like a no name post on a gaming forum.
    Sorry not sure what you're on about here. Absolute religious truth? Typical conversation habits? Nothing in your post was conversational, perhaps re-read your previous post.

If you don't want your words to be taken literally/seriously I'd consider re-wording or not saying anything, or more likely you've now realised you've embarrassed yourself. Not sure where you've gotten infuriated from but I suspect you're just projecting so I'll leave that one.