Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Basically, girlfriend > games.
    what does that even mean?did your gf ask you to quit games?thats not a very healthy relationship,i even broke up (well she dumped me really but i was over her even before she did that),because she tried to make me quit wow,not because it got in the way of our relationship,but because she heard stories that its bad and games are evil and stuff (she was american from the south and i was young and inexperienced)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    gaming is a vice not a hobby, playing games all the time is not healthy. everyone who plays games (especially mmos) should take long breaks from time to time
    thats simply illogical,is golfing or soccer a vice by default?no...but ANYTHING can be a vice in the wrong circumstances,gaming is a hobby just like playing chess is

Pfft, quitting is easy, done that hundreds of times.

Used to quit for like 2 years and sold my old PC. I was scared to buy a gaming pc again but today, I'm just gaming casually and it's not an addiction anymore but rather a way of having fun from time to time.

Quitting the ''meta'' way of thinking in games is the best thing that happened to me too!

I only play WoW and take long breaks from time to time.

Never, I started at 4yo and never stopped. Even when I was studying, working and getting my driver's license I always found a hour or two to play.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post

thats simply illogical,is golfing or soccer a vice by default?no...but ANYTHING can be a vice in the wrong circumstances,gaming is a hobby just like playing chess is
    There's a bit of a difference there, physical activities at least promote a more active, healthy lifestyle. That said I agree with you that there is nothing inherently wrong with video games as a hobby.

OT I've put gaming on pause a few times when real life situations took priority, but that wasn't some conscience act of "quitting gaming". There are a finite number of hours in a day, and many things in life are more important than ones hobbies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

what does that even mean?did your gf ask you to quit games?thats not a very healthy relationship,i even broke up (well she dumped me really but i was over her even before she did that),because she tried to make me quit wow,not because it got in the way of our relationship,but because she heard stories that its bad and games are evil and stuff (she was american from the south and i was young and inexperienced)
    Jesus christ dude, you ok?
    What I meant that girlfriend to me was more important than games, I simply more or less stopped playing them by myself as spending time with her was more fun/interesting/nice.
    I get what you mean, but no, my case was not like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Jesus christ dude, you ok?
    What I meant that girlfriend to me was more important than games, I simply more or less stopped playing them by myself as spending time with her was more fun/interesting/nice.
    I get what you mean, but no, my case was not like that.
    Glad to hear,but I dont rly understand how you wouldnt have found time to play,my current gf also plays and i now work from home,she is a gym instructor,so i have plenty of time to play and we play together also

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    There's a bit of a difference there, physical activities at least promote a more active, healthy lifestyle. That said I agree with you that there is nothing inherently wrong with video games as a hobby.

OT I've put gaming on pause a few times when real life situations took priority, but that wasn't some conscience act of "quitting gaming". There are a finite number of hours in a day, and many things in life are more important than ones hobbies.
    Sure physical activities are healthier for sure,but its not like those cant also be destructive,how many people have seriously got injured doing sports?i have never heard of anyone getting hurt gaming,and as long as you know how to take breaks and not always game 24/7 you will be fine,i also said chess,by his loggic chess is a vice and not a hobby either,because playing chess is pretty much the same as gaming,minus potential eye issues

10+ Year Old Account
    "Quit" to me implies a conscious decision to stop or give something up for a specific reason, so no I haven't.

There have certainly been periods in my life where I've gamed infrequently or had stretches where I did not game at all, but it wasn't because of any kind of decision to quit but rather the result of being busy with other priorities or not having access to a gaming platform, for example if I am traveling or am too occupied with other important life obligations to have recreation time. Those happen from time to time and video games will take a backseat to other stuff when necessary.

That said, gaming has been apart of my life since a very young age, starting from my Atari 2600 and DOS games on my first computer. Unless my hobby somehow turned into something grossly unhealthy that required me to stop it entirely for my or my family's well-being, I don't see myself giving it up entirely anymore than I would "quit" reading books or any other enjoyable pasttime.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

the things you listed are physically or mentally stimulating activities, gaming is mindlessly consuming media. comparing gaming to playing chess is laughable

Runescape and FFXIV. havent played much of BFA for reasons im sure dont need explaining. so if Shadowlands turns out to be shit aswell, wow will be added to that list because i skipped already pandaria, wod and BFA pretty much completely.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll get kinda burnt out on video games and transition to watching anime or netflix for a few months, but even then I usually am still playing games just at a much lower frequency.

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    the things you listed are physically or mentally stimulating activities, gaming is mindlessly consuming media. comparing gaming to playing chess is laughable
    you do know you can play chess online also?does it not count as chess AND gaming?also...im kinda sensing a troll here...wile its true that plenty of games are mindless media,plenty are also very challenging and mentaly stimulating,the medium makes it easy to create the most challening concepts,its usualy indie stuff however

Glad to hear,but I dont rly understand how you wouldnt have found time to play,my current gf also plays and i now work from home,she is a gym instructor,so i have plenty of time to play and we play together also
    I had some time but I just started playing less overall (and dropped WoW). ¯\_(ツ)_/¯