View Poll Results: Should Blizz delay SL launch

Voters
474. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I want it to be as good and balanced as possible.

231 48.73%
  • No, I want new content ASAP

177 37.34%
  • Don't care

66 13.92%
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Again, Activision does NOT MAKE ANY decisions regarding Blizzard. Blizzard and Activision are two separate self autonomous companies under one roof. People need to stop with this myth.
    It's not a myth at all lol... Thats what they sold you in the beginning of the merger... but it has shown to be anything but a myth...

Stock Holders would not be happy about a delay and would likely cost the company millions so nah they wont delay it. Investor money > any majority or minority of players opinions.
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

It's not that I am impatient for new content it's just that I don't believe more time would actually fix the issues in the game right now. They had months and months and nothing happens...

Played Beta since the first wave went out ... and i have seen sooo many bugs - many still ingame and i honestly don`t think they can fix all of them.
    I had legion + bfa beta and none of them felt like the SL beta. Many world quests still not working properly, dungeons bugged, design flaws over and over.
    I don`t want to bash blizzard, but i really don `t think they can fix everything in 4 weeks.

Pretty sure we will see a lot of server restarts / bugfixes after release.

They should delay the release.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    It's not a myth at all lol... Thats what they sold you in the beginning of the merger... but it has shown to be anything but a myth...
    It is a myth.There is zero evidence to support it and it was made up by WoW players who can't make a compelling argument so they use Activision as the boogeyman instead. NOTHING has been shown to prove otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    They should, but they never will. Kotick needs his 9th yacht.
    considering how desperate people sound here about prepatch, pushing the release back 2.5 months would probably be a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    Stock Holders would not be happy about a delay and would likely cost the company millions so nah they wont delay it. Investor money > any majority or minority of players opinions.
    People need to stop wioth teh stockholder nonsense. They absolutely DO NOT CARE about what a specific game is doing. They only care that Blizzard reports a profit as a whole every quarter. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by sunxsera View Post
    Played Beta since the first wave went out ... and i have seen sooo many bugs - many still ingame and i honestly don`t think they can fix all of them.
    I had legion + bfa beta and none of them felt like the SL beta. Many world quests still not working properly, dungeons bugged, design flaws over and over.
    I don`t want to bash blizzard, but i really don `t think they can fix everything in 4 weeks.

funny, ive heard the opposite from other players about the beta. either way, its not getting delayed.

I would vote for waiting, but I seriously doubt blizzards ability or willigness to make any neccessary changes. Time might not change anything.

Therefore I wont be voting anything. I do care, I don't want to rush it, but I dont think extra time offers any true positives. Better release it now, but I'm not feeling any impatience about it.

De Other Side (Just kidding) Vancouver Island, BC
    They should, yes, but unfortunately they'd have to refund people since it'd be most likely past 2020. I think maaaybe February 2021 would be good, but that's still kinda far away

New to Mafia, sorry if I mess up!
    I see dead people.... Yes, kinda my ting, ya know

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    If the content isn't safely ready I say delay it a couple weeks ot make sure.

But frankly most of this "delay it because balance reeeeeee" is the same garbage we get every expansion. People are mad that they aren't top DPS, and Blizz says "it's fine we like the way it's designed."
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster
    It is my belief when all is said and done we will regard Legion as the beginning of the end.
    Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

Quote Originally Posted by sunxsera View Post

It seems a lot of people forget that Blizzard has internal testers and are several builds ahead of what players see.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthzull View Post
    It seems a lot of people forget that Blizzard has internal testers and are several builds ahead of what players see.
    It seems that you forgot what BfA was like at launch. (Spoiler alert, it was better than the beta currently is)

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    It's been the business model since the game launched. Lengthening gameplay to pad subs is how sub based games keep the players playing and make money in the first place. As we see with Classic, it's mostly gotten better over time about it actually, yet you still have people who think themselves great geniuses and protectors of the consumer because they point out that Blizzard cares about money more than about their personal feelings. Yeah, thanks Sherlock, almost like they're a business and that's been the entire point since before they released WC1.

The date is set, a delay isn't going to happen until catastrophe strikes, and this type of game is always in a constant state of development and always will be, that's the nature of the beast, and I doubt making us spend 2-3 more months in BfA will change much of anything or garner more good will.
    Obviously. It's better to talk about how to make the time spent in game rather than complaining (too) much about the padded hours. I understand that's how (most) MMOs make their money and I'd like to think the complainers do too. A 2 - 3 month delay will help them, but not enough to change any systems in place. A year delay would do that and, obviously, won't happen (Bar a catastrophic failure like you said).

It's gotten better and worse depending on what you look at too. IMO WoW's progression got worse post WoD, and at times fixed some issues while leaving others unresolved. Of course the game being fun is an entirely different beast alongside your time put into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    no they cant, blizzard arent in control of things like that anymore.
    Yes they are. You don’t seem to understand how companies work. Few if any are not owned by another.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Nope. They can patch fixes. Everyone wants expacs delayed every expac. Expansions are too long. Can't wait till 10/26!!
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

There is to many different people playing wow it can't be balanced. Its impossible to please the hardcore raider while pleasing the pet battler and the arena only or rhe bg only or the mythic + or the transmog farmer. I have beta game is in a very good spot compared to any other beta much much better

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Demolished View Post
    It seems that you forgot what BfA was like at launch. (Spoiler alert, it was better than the beta currently is)
    Not it wasnt bfa beta was horrible azerote didnt show
    Up untill last months classes missing abilities until last month

Couple issues: poll is pretty biased. Title is also biased, it assumes that Blizzard is unable to release Shadowlands in a good state without a delay.

If we abstract the question a bit: Should Blizzard set a release date that ensures they are able to launch expansions in the best state possible?

I would tend to agree, as I think most posters would. The issue with your thread is that it conjectures that Shadowlands will not be in the best state. I would argue that it is, or at least as good a state one could reasonably expect of a game (you can delay games indefinitely for constant improvement - an issue many studios have when they ignore any fiscal responsibility). I think your issue boils down to being unhappy with the product. I don't think you believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that the game needs a great deal more polish than a month can provide. I think you, like many others, want fundamental changes to soulbinds, conduits, covenants, class design, raid/M+ design, PvP design, etc. I think we can agree that Blizzard does not share that sentiment. Each of these topics have been broached in interviews and blue posts, and the team seems set and happy with the design of Shadowlands.

I myself have a few issues with the design of Shadowlands. I wish they would not have implemented yet another borrowed power system, nor do I think I'll like Torghast. I would not consider the game to be in a bad state, overall, if these are released. I would just not like the game. Those are separate ideas that many people conflate. The game can be good and you can still not like it. I recognize that games like Bioshock, Last of Us, God of War, and Red Dead Redemption are 'good' games. That does not stop me from disliking them. I think Shadowlands will be a 'good' game, but I think many hardcore players, especially those dedicated enough to sit on forums and debate it, will not enjoy it. I am hesitant if I will; BFA was not a great time for me as a player, and I especially disliked corruption and essences, but I still think that BFA was 'decent', not 'good' but decent enough. Shadowlands looks to be in a similar vein, while also removing aspects of WoW I have come to enjoy in BFA.
    "Okay, Robin. Together, we're gonna punch these guys so hard, words describing the impact are gonna spontaneously materialize out of thin air."
    - Lego Batman

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    Absolutely not. It's already delayed, should have come out August / september like legion and bfa.
    (Vasoka, I'm not picking on you at all. You have every right to state your opinion about when the game should come out/have come out. Just pointing out something, and you're not part of the comment below, either.)

See, this right here illustrates that Blizzard doesn't really have 'coherent feedback' to listen to. There are opinions about the game all over the spectrum.

Only Blizzard really knows what part of the playerbase factions A through Z make, and how important they are (or aren't). However, many posters here seem to think that only their personal feedback matters, and that everything should be built around their personal needs and wants, and if it doesn't happen, then it's a 'shit game'.

Blizzard will listen to the playerbase when they have a coherent message to hear. Most of the time there isn't one. I'll go off on a tangent here a little: There are a lot of people who do want the covenants to come to the game in the current form. But, here at MMO-C, that is ignored a lot, and is a 'everyone wants this changed' thing...and it's not true. Basically, anyone who uses 'everyone wants' or 'the majority wants' is full of crap, and their post should be ignored immediately. Only Blizzard actually knows who 'the majority' is...*IF* an actual majority exists. It may be too fragmented to actually have 50% of anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Couple issues: poll is pretty biased. Title is also biased, it assumes that Blizzard is unable to release Shadowlands in a good state without a delay.

If we abstract the question a bit: Should Blizzard set a release date that ensures they are able to launch expansions in the best state possible?

I would tend to agree, as I think most posters would. The issue with your thread is that it conjectures that Shadowlands will not be in the best state. I would argue that it is, or at least as good a state one could reasonably expect of a game (you can delay games indefinitely for constant improvement - an issue many studios have when they ignore any fiscal responsibility). I think your issue boils down to being unhappy with the product. I don't think you believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that the game needs a great deal more polish than a month can provide. I think you, like many others, want fundamental changes to soulbinds, conduits, covenants, class design, raid/M+ design, PvP design, etc. I think we can agree that Blizzard does not share that sentiment. Each of these topics have been broached in interviews and blue posts, and the team seems set and happy with the design of Shadowlands.

I myself have a few issues with the design of Shadowlands. I wish they would not have implemented yet another borrowed power system, nor do I think I'll like Torghast. I would not consider the game to be in a bad state, overall, if these are released. I would just not like the game. Those are separate ideas that many people conflate. The game can be good and you can still not like it. I recognize that games like Bioshock, Last of Us, God of War, and Red Dead Redemption are 'good' games. That does not stop me from disliking them. I think Shadowlands will be a 'good' game, but I think many hardcore players, especially those dedicated enough to sit on forums and debate it, will not enjoy it. I am hesitant if I will; BFA was not a great time for me as a player, and I especially disliked corruption and essences, but I still think that BFA was 'decent', not 'good' but decent enough. Shadowlands looks to be in a similar vein, while also removing aspects of WoW I have come to enjoy in BFA.
    Great post, imo.

On the 'good game' subject: League of Legends is a very popular game, and many point to it as an example of a healthy game. However, regardless of how bad or good it is...I'll never play it. Not my thing.

I played WoW very heavily from 1/28/2005 till somewhere in the middle of Cata, and still play some every expansion. How good that expansion determines just how much of it I play. However, just because I didn't fall in love with <expansion X> immediately didn't mean it was a 'shit game'. It just wasn't made for me. Lots of other people played it.

People need to get some perspective around here, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    There is to many different people playing wow it can't be balanced. Its impossible to please the hardcore raider while pleasing the pet battler and the arena only or rhe bg only or the mythic + or the transmog farmer. I have beta game is in a very good spot compared to any other beta much much better

- - - Updated - - -

Not it wasnt bfa beta was horrible azerote didnt show
    Up untill last months classes missing abilities until last month
    Conduit, Covenant, and Class abilities are still being "balanced". Hunters literally just got a new ability and it isn't working right. You're terribly mislead.