View Poll Results: Should Blizz delay SL launch

Voters
474. This poll is closed
  • Yes, I want it to be as good and balanced as possible.

231 48.73%
  • No, I want new content ASAP

177 37.34%
  • Don't care

66 13.92%
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    why does this topic need yet another thread? also the chances that they are going to delay is almost zero. you keep saying things like prepatch and class design being rushed yet you have zero evidence that they are being rushed!

Lol its a question. I am not even whining i am asking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    why does this topic need yet another thread? also the chances that they are going to delay is almost zero. you keep saying things like prepatch and class design being rushed yet you have zero evidence that they are being rushed!
    1st topic i seen asking a question about it

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by komlit View Post
    Lol its a question. I am not even whining i am asking.

- - - Updated - - -

1st topic i seen asking a question about it
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...n-a-good-state

you keep saying things like prepatch and class design being rushed yet you have zero evidence that they are being rushed!
    Eh, if you play beta / ptr you can get the feeling that some things are being "rushed". There are some things that don't feel close to being done yet. Sure, we will have a lot of hotfixes after release, but still. Only problem I can see is if they will be able to hotfix a lot of it in a timely manner since most are working from home and it might be harder to stay on top of it vs if they were in the office.

Did not know another asked a question. Ill still ask it either way

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by komlit View Post
    So with all the things from class designs to pre-patch being rushed. If they came out and said we are pushing it all back a month.

Would you go for that or do you want it how it is?
    No. How does anyone come to the conclusion something is rushed? Who has intel on the game design processes that knows they have rushed anything? I'll take new content any day of the week and especially on Monday October 26th.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    If they delayed one month, I honestly don't think it would be worth it.
    I mean, we would have to wait, so I would wait, but the end result won't be a lot different.

You have to remember, a company like Blizz is huge, and they plan things out well in advance.
    Shadowlands has been in development for 2 years easy; they have separate teams, effectively Alpha and Bravo, who toggle between expansions, so this is the Legion team up.
    They plan everything out then develop over a long period of time, so core features and such are set in stone and most likely were a while ago.
    This is how software development works, especially with a living, breathing product.
    It's not like Cyberpunk, where they can push back release to address some stuff and wait 8 or more months down the road.

With WoW, one month means "fix these game-breaking bugs", not "review this classes and make sweeping changes".

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    If they delayed one month, I honestly don't think it would be worth it.
    I mean, we would have to wait, so I would wait, but the end result won't be a lot different.

You have to remember, a company like Blizz is huge, and they plan things out well in advance.
    Shadowlands has been in development for 2 years easy; they have separate teams, effectively Alpha and Bravo, who toggle between expansions, so this is the Legion team up.
    They plan everything out then develop over a long period of time, so core features and such are set in stone and most likely were a while ago.
    This is how software development works, especially with a living, breathing product.
    It's not like Cyberpunk, where they can push back release to address some stuff and wait 8 or more months down the road.

With WoW, one month means "fix these game-breaking bugs", not "review this classes and make sweeping changes".
    here we go again with the two teams theory. it's a theory, not fact, and there's no evidence to support your theory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    No. How does anyone come to the conclusion something is rushed? Who has intel on the game design processes that knows they have rushed anything? I'll take new content any day of the week and especially on Monday October 26th.
    If you spent any time playing or watching people playing the beta...everything is being rushed. This expansion is FAR from release ready in it's current state. Still have MANY classes with multiple ways of instant killing other players in arena. There is absolutely ZERO balance in it's current iteration. Still 25%+ damage/healing differences between different covenants and conduits as well. Torghast has been unplayable for a very long time, Maw has nothing in it, etc etc...

But I digress, I'm still having much more fun on the beta than what we currently have in BfA...finished or not...send me to the Shadowlands.

I was always behind the "When it is done..." and I will stick to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    in my opinion they must delay shadowlands and the pre patch that goes with it for as long as needed to ensure that classes are done being designed.
    not the case now.
    it's often a stupid decision to prioritize short term. people will have pre patch and then what? people will complain and blizzard will lose big bucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Eh, if you play beta / ptr you can get the feeling that some things are being "rushed". There are some things that don't feel close to being done yet. Sure, we will have a lot of hotfixes after release, but still. Only problem I can see is if they will be able to hotfix a lot of it in a timely manner since most are working from home and it might be harder to stay on top of it vs if they were in the office.
    "I have a feeling this is being rushed" is hardly a metric of the state of a game's development.

SL's beta in general has been WAY more stable than BFA's was and they've done a much, much better job of reacting to feedback.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

So with [opinion I want to dress up as a fact] would you [some half assed question that makes the thread seem like you want to discuss something].

If they would delay the game untill everyone stops complaining about class balance, we would have to make an AI to continue development for us after the apocalypse.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    My primary concern is that at this precise moment in time class changes are essentially synonymous with covenant abilities tuning.

I personally do not want that, and even though it's pretty much Blizzard's mo and highly to happen, will be disappointed by the incoming "bulk of class changes coming in 9.0.1" or smth.

10+ Year Old Account
    here we go again with the two teams theory. it's a theory, not fact, and there's no evidence to support your theory
    Amen. I really hate when people spread misinformation like that.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    This was true for a while but activision started pressuring after the WOD fiasco, this has been confirmed by multiple sources inside blizzard. Just look at the statement mike morhaim made while creating his new company. It literally cant be more obvious if you cant connect the dots there thats on you.
    Activision did no such thing. Someone on the ind=side claiming they did doesn't make it fact. For all you know that "source" lied to put the heat on Activision to give Blizzard cover."Insiders" are going to say whatever they have to in order to protect their company. IF that means people at Blizzard throwing ACtivision under the bus to cover for their own ineptitude, they will. Finally, Morhaime's statement says nothing about that. That is your interpretation, not fact. The real facts are that Blizzard makes it's own decisions and therefore are solely to blame. Activision is an easy patsy for people who think Blizzard was once something thyey never were.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    So with [opinion I want to dress up as a fact] would you [some half assed question that makes the thread seem like you want to discuss something].

If they would delay the game untill everyone stops complaining about class balance, we would have to make an AI to continue development for us after the apocalypse.
    This is spot-on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    "I have a feeling this is being rushed" is hardly a metric of the state of a game's development.

SL's beta in general has been WAY more stable than BFA's was and they've done a much, much better job of reacting to feedback.
    Eh, I would argue that some. The stability of the game itself seems like it is less than BFA's. I've had more random crashes, etc from SL Beta than I have had from Legion / BFA's. There's also the issue of scaling not working, yet again, as it should. So they will end up having to go in and putting in more blanket tunings. Some class tunings are still off. I'm sure there will be more conduit / covenant balancing. Not sure how well PvP is yet as I haven't touched it and testing just started recently. There are probably other things people can chime in about that I haven't experienced yet.

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    Judging from posts of people such as the one you quoted, I think Blizzard must be one of the few companies that has consumers who trash talks them and their product constantly, yet use their product very often. So addiction could be quite precise.
    Holy shit. Did you know that it's possible to still enjoy a product while being critical of certain aspects of the development process?

Quote Originally Posted by Vorality View Post
    If you spent any time playing or watching people playing the beta...everything is being rushed. This expansion is FAR from release ready in it's current state. Still have MANY classes with multiple ways of instant killing other players in arena. There is absolutely ZERO balance in it's current iteration. Still 25%+ damage/healing differences between different covenants and conduits as well. Torghast has been unplayable for a very long time, Maw has nothing in it, etc etc...

But I digress, I'm still having much more fun on the beta than what we currently have in BfA...finished or not...send me to the Shadowlands.
    And how do you know it is rushed? Are you on the inside? No, you are declaring it rushed solely because you don't like what you see, not based on any actual facts. Pure unsubstantiated theory.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Eh, I would argue that some. The stability of the game itself seems like it is less than BFA's. I've had more random crashes, etc from SL Beta than I have had from Legion / BFA's. There's also the issue of scaling not working, yet again, as it should. So they will end up having to go in and putting in more blanket tunings. Some class tunings are still off. I'm sure there will be more conduit / covenant balancing. Not sure how well PvP is yet as I haven't touched it and testing just started recently. There are probably other things people can chime in about that I haven't experienced yet.
    I haven't had any of those issues. It is possible the issues are your computer and not on Blizzard's end.