View Poll Results: Should Blizz delay SL launch

Voters
474. This poll is closed
  • Yes, I want it to be as good and balanced as possible.

231 48.73%
  • No, I want new content ASAP

177 37.34%
  • Don't care

66 13.92%
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    or blizzard devs is working 24h per day since mid year till now to finish shadowlands before launch or this expansion will be another incomplete released content

So, yes, delay SL till jan or feb 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    This race is an abomination and atrocity. This race doesn't belong in World of Warcraft at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Got ganked by a Vulpera, huh?

You think you want balance, but in reality if every DPS spec did the exact same DPS no matter what the game would be dead in no time. Balance or making everyone the same is what has destroyed the game, there is no class/ spec flair anymore. There are like 4 versions of every spell for different classes used to be Druids were Battle Rezzers, Shammys had BL, things like that. Balance at the end of the day is what is the unachievable utopia everyone thinks they want, but can never be achieved because there would be no reason to push yourself if everyone does the same thing.

No, people's vacation's are already finalized.

Quote Originally Posted by Essem View Post
    It will never be 100% balanced for all types of situations or content unless they just make everything and everyone a template character where everything is the same and homogenized. A few weeks delay wont change anything.
    9.0 will not be balanced yes however more beta time will not fix that. They have more or less ran their course with that. Adding more time wouldnt do anything. You have to get the product into the player's hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://youtu.be/FR7ZDRA3_3c

you guys. sounds like for some of you have not been at prepatch before? it looks like the bugs are here to stay, i believe in prepatch day.

i feel old now.

Based on what I've heard from those in the beta, the game is in a playable state, and the disappointment from delaying a release this close would probably be more detrimental than rushing fixes for the last few aspects that require more polish. Between D3's season, SC2's co-op prestiges, WC3, FFXIV, and getting more achievements in WoW, I'm in no need of new content, but I still think they should hit their deadline over delaying.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    No, people's vacation's are already finalized.
    This !! Vacation is set and would be really hard to reschedule without months notice.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Nonsense. You privliaged kids need a hobby. You really think game design is about balance? smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    Based on what I've heard from those in the beta, the game is in a playable state, and the disappointment from delaying a release this close would probably be more detrimental than rushing fixes for the last few aspects that require more polish. Between D3's season, SC2's co-op prestiges, WC3, FFXIV, and getting more achievements in WoW, I'm in no need of new content, but I still think they should hit their deadline over delaying.
    Which people in the Beta? Have you ever looked at the SL Beta forums? One of the more popular threads is a plea to delay Shadowlands. Literally most posts in the Beta forums are from worried testers about the state of Shadowlands.

I was surprised that 45% voted yes.

First, people, like me, only sub after the expansion.
    Who is gonna pay these Blizzard employees if delayed.

Second, you just play the overpowered class.
    I don't see people complain about DK.

Do you submit Vacation Request a month ahead?
    I thought people are forced to use all their vacation. They have none now.
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2020-09-25 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTaurenChieftain View Post
    Which people in the Beta? Have you ever looked at the SL Beta forums? One of the more popular threads is a plea to delay Shadowlands. Literally most posts in the Beta forums are from worried testers about the state of Shadowlands.
    Fellow players in my raid group. I don't delve into the beta forums much for spoiler reasons. They say that the leveling experience feels mostly finished and that crafting still needs another pass, which they have time for. They have a few weeks after launch to tune the raids and M+. They haven't commented on individual class design.

BfA had a lot of pleas for delays if I remember correctly, and it did take Blizzard some time to fix some systems (anything dealing with Azerite), but the leveling experience was probably one of the expansion's best points, and that was good at release.

I'm not saying that people's concerns are unwarranted or that wanting a delay is illogical. I'm just saying that for the group I play in, where the announcement is already made and expectations are set, I feel delaying is going to hurt player morale, and that will probably outweigh any benefit from the changes that they'd enact with the extra time.

Quote Originally Posted by Demolished View Post
    I leveled to max level 12 times over the course of the 4 months leading up to BfA's launch.
    We literally haven't been able to level to max level once through questing in the last month in Shadowlands. What game are you playing.
    I leveled to 60 in Beta just fine. I have had no crashes. So,I literally have been able to level to Max now. I had far more crashes and struggled immensely to level to max in BFA beta. I am not buying what you are selling at all.

The only way you can make them delay it until it's actually ready is by not buying it at launch, you're part of the problem.

it doesn't matter, they just don't have the talent anymore. All the people who built this game has left the company a long time ago. It's just going to be the same bland bowl of slop BFA was. A few more of these expansion packs and they will become a completely irrelevant company like BioWare did and their owners will reduce them into a skeleton crew to maintain their somewhat profitable projects like hearthstone.

Yes, we are saying this for 2 years now but Actiblizz needs to make some money for their quarter money thingy that nobody cares about. Guess they can always fix the game in 9.3 then. Have fun beta testing a "finished" game for 2 years you guys.

I wouldn't mind extended pre patch, they should hurry the hell up with releasing it. Please free me of this god damn absurd, worst mechanic in the decade CORRUPTION.
    Censorship apologists deserve [REDACTED]

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    The only way you can make them delay it until it's actually ready is by not buying it at launch, you're part of the problem.
    This makes zero sense. Also it feels like part of your statement is missing

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    This makes zero sense. Also it feels like part of your statement is missing
    If people keep buying WoW at launch with all the problems many of the expansions have, instead of waiting for reviews and if the reviews are shit, not buying the game at all, people keep buying the game hoping for the best and are disappointed when it's shit.

Not sure why that's hard to read between the lines. Goes for every game you buy.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    I leveled to 60 in Beta just fine. I have had no crashes. So,I literally have been able to level to Max now. I had far more crashes and struggled immensely to level to max in BFA beta. I am not buying what you are selling at all.
    Because you are just making stuff up, you probably leveled before it was finished, before they introduced all these bugs.
    If you tried to level 2 weeks ago, you got stuck in Maldraxxus. https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...-primus/642254
    Since then everyone has been stuck at the end of Ardenweald. https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...t-there/647577
    You can't even get the covenant ability they just added for hunter, because the npc you need to fly with just sits there.
    They added a new rogue ability, yesterday.
    They reworked a hunter ability, yesterday.
    Priests got a new talent, yesterday.

I told you the time frame in which you have not been able to hit max level, and your argument was I HiT mAx LeVeL oNcE!

Quote Originally Posted by Demolished View Post
    Because you are just making stuff up, you probably leveled before it was finished, before they introduced all these bugs.
    If you tried to level 2 weeks ago, you got stuck in Maldraxxus. https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...-primus/642254
    Since then everyone has been stuck at the end of Ardenweald. https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...t-there/647577
    You can't even get the covenant ability they just added for hunter, because the npc you need to fly with just sits there.
    They added a new rogue ability, yesterday.
    They reworked a hunter ability, yesterday.
    Priests got a new talent, yesterday.

I told you the time frame in which you have not been able to hit max level, and your argument was I HiT mAx LeVeL oNcE!
    No you are making BS claims that you LITERALLY can't when I am proof you obviously can. Also, I was leveling 2 weeks ago. You are obviously exaggerating to push a narrative.