Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Personally I like how the war tank is feeling. During active tanking while keeping shield block up, I can decide if i push more dps or more mitigation. After checking the logs, even the dps spread of abilities seem to make sense to me. Finally we got ride of TD!
    Created on the 25th April 2005.
    Protection Warrior since the old days of UBRS.

P.S. Make a part of your warrior community happy and bring Gladiator Stance back...

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I feel like you should know these things, but here you go:

Battle Shout, provides direct damage buff to all physical dps classes

Extremely high AOE damage (it isn't uncommon for warrior tanks to outdps actual dps on large pulls)

Rallying Cry, a raid-wide temporary health increase that is highly useful during phases with unavoidable AOE damage

Superior mitigation against physical damage with Shield Block/Critical Block/Last Stand block talent, and Ignore Pain for everything else

Tremendous mobility which is useful for picking up adds, kiting, getting out of bad shit on the ground, etc

Shockwave, a frontal AOE stun that is indispensable in Mythic+ and has a talent that rewards accurate/skilled use of the ability

Shadowlands brings Shattering Throw, Execute and Whirlwind back to Protection warriors

Multiple ways to deal with casters - interrupts, Spell Reflect, stuns, Intimidating Shout
    Without snipping though all that.

War no self heal
    BrM does better on physical damage especially in a pinch if healers are trying to save the raid. Same situation insert any tank that can heal
    Always gonna be a dps war so BS is a moot point.
    I'd argue leg sweep is better
    Deal with casters?... That's what dk and dh do... War will never touch that level. Even pally can pick up mobs even range a lot better.

Dh better mobility same with BrM...
    Shattering throw in pve... Lol
    Execute? Have fun being balanced for the majority of the fight around that and when the time comes you may not get to use it.

So... Even on pure physical patchwerk a monk will be better.

So.... Other than wearing plate and not being committed to the holy hand grenade authority there is the appeal of being a badass...
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Ignore Pain is self heal.

Saying it isn't is like saying Disc Priest don't heal too much because they put absorbs, it's factually wrong.

You take 20% of your HP, heal back 10%, you are at 90%
    You take 20% of your HP, absorb 10%, you are at 90%

The only difference it makes is when you play alone, without a healer. In these situations a true self heal will be more useful.

Execute's main purpose is to let you snipe low health enemies for VR procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotural View Post
    Ignore Pain is self heal.

Saying it isn't is like saying Disc Priest don't heal too much because they put absorbs, it's factually wrong.

You take 20% of your HP, heal back 10%, you are at 90%
    You take 20% of your HP, absorb 10%, you are at 90%

The only difference it makes is when you play alone, without a healer. In these situations a true self heal will be more useful.

Execute's main purpose is to let you snipe low health enemies for VR procs.
    It's true that it's kind of like healing, and most if not all tools count absorbs as healing too, which is a useful simplification, but it's still distinct from healing in that absorbs function differently and are even *better* than pure healing, because an absorb might prevent you from dying in some situations because you don't take the full damage in the first place. A reactive heal after the damage has been dealt always requires the target to still be alive to receive the healing.

Are we overlooking indomitable? thats a heal based on rage use. its those legendary bracers rolled into the stam buff 1% hp per 10 rage

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Oh lord. A skilled warrior tank will still be an awesome tank to have in your raid, and that will still be true even with a handful of less-than-ideal changes. I've tanked a lot of the level 60 content on beta, and guess what? At no point did I feel like 'AHH I AM SO TERRIBLE I SHOULD REROLL!!!!'

I realize that "<insert class here> isn't exactly the way I think it should be, the sky is falling!" is a popular stance around here, but yeah. Warriors will be fine.
    Protection Warriors in the Beta are currently in arguably the worst place they have ever been in the history of WoW. You will be able to do anything but the most cutting edge content so in the context of this thread they're no worse off than any other class(though you will have to work harder in a lot of situations), but to pretend they're fine is just being obtuse at best and disingenuous at worst.

If you're good at the game, any class/spec can be good. If you're not very good at the game, then you won't be good regardless of what you pick. While the ceiling might be higher for other specs, the average player doesn't parse 90% or higher. Most players don't come close to their potential, so the whole "is x, y or z class the best?" is moot because it depends on how good the player is. Warrior tanks can be good and they can also be bad. It comes down to how good the person playing them is.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    Protection Warriors in the Beta are currently in arguably the worst place they have ever been in the history of WoW. You will be able to do anything but the most cutting edge content so in the context of this thread they're no worse off than any other class(though you will have to work harder in a lot of situations), but to pretend they're fine is just being obtuse at best and disingenuous at worst.
    Why yes, waiter, I'd like fries with my hyperbole.
    My greatest fear is that one day, my MMO-Champion ignore list will run out of space.

in my experience warriors are usually on the suckier end of tanks, BFA was an exception that doesn't look like it'll last.

and afaik warriors have never had something ridiculous OP like monk guard or original mark of ursol, which the other tanks seem to have from time to time. (but that's probably just a case of grass is greener)

still me playing warrior has never been an insurmountable problem on any boss i can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    Wotlk would like a word with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post

still me playing warrior has never been an insurmountable problem on any boss i can remember.
    Sarth 3D, Lich King, Squid face dude prior to Yogg Saron.
    Last edited by TrickNasty; Today at 03:50 AM.