Poll: What kind of romantic relationship do you prefer?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

10+ Year Old Account

What is the average committed monogamist relationship you been in?

In one period probably 4 years.

Which do you prefer more, a long term committed or single?

Personally I have been in a few long term relationships before getting married and was single for a long time just before. I would say long term investment in a partner in other words marriage is the best.

If you been in a long term relationship of any kind, what are some things you learned are important?

I think knowing what you are getting into before hand, which could be tough, mostly it was me KNOWING what I really want and being able to identify that in a partner.

I think this is why dating and being single is important, but I think knowing one self is important, if you're dating and can't match your experience with another, I think long term is tough.

If you are a forever bachelor or prefer being single, what have YOU learned?

I've been a bachelor for a long time, but I think the thing I learned early on is the same as for a relationship, which is knowing yourself is important, because even if you aren't in a committed relationship, I think it's important to know what you are getting into.

What worst part of either being in a committed relationship or being a single and simply dating.

Personally my experience, I think the worst part for me was dating. Mostly because I was a serial long term dater, which in and of itself seems Ideal, but personally I kind of always found myself a bit heartbroken. Because I think it's spending time and maybe even living together, knowing that your significant other and you both KNOW it's never going to really go anywhere, and more importantly knowing when the exit is coming.

I think overall when it comes to investing and someone you can rely on as more than a friend but a life partner, personally I am far happier now than I ever had been.

The purpose is to talk about relationships, since we all play online and console gaming, I think developing our relationships is pretty healthy, and if there is anything we can learn from others experiences I think this thread could be helpful.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Being married. I would not trade the decades my wife and I have had together for any other type of living here on this earth.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

This year is my thirtieth wedding anniversary. That would be the longest.

Second longest would be my high school girlfriend. Technically we started dating at 4 in kindergarten. Romantically, probably around 13. We were precocious.

10+ Year Old Account
    My partner and I passed 10 years this last April during the pandemic

I prefer to be in a relationship. Though I am fine on my own and enjoy my personal time, I like sharing my life with another.

If you been in a long term relationship of any kind, what are some things you learned are important?
    Absolutely necessary to share some common interests, as well as have similar thoughts on a comfortable temperature, sleeping arrangements, food tastes, and so on. Those sound small, but if you clash on the simple stuff, it will add up over time and become too much.

What worst part of either being in a committed relationship or being a single and simply dating.
    The worst part of being in such a long-term relationship is how comfortable you can get and how you can take them for granted...as well as a complete loss of privacy thanks to COVID that has resulted in both of us working from home full-time (before, I was the one who telecommuted full time).

10+ Year Old Account
    dunno never really been in a relationship. my visage is too ugly for love.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    dunno never really been in a relationship. my visage is too ugly for love.
    No it ain't gurl. You just can't see it yet.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

I have been married for 12 years. It's great.

I prefer being married honestly.

I don't beat around the bush when it came to relationships or how I preferred to engage in intimate and social relations. Being married to someone on the same page as me on these issues eliminates almost any drama or hurt feelings that might arise from social and intimate relations directly or indirectly.

If you been in a long-term relationship of any kind, what are some things you learned are important?
    Before marriage, I was in a handful of long term relationships and many short-term ones. While I never had an overly negative break-up (again, I'm very upfront), I think being directly honest with yourself and your potential partner(s) leads 100% to a happy romantic, sex, and social life.

Easier to say than do- even when people think they are being "really" honest. More often than not there is a part of their desire they are not including for fear of rejection or discontinuing the relationship.

When I was in college, I broke up with a man I had been dating for a long time and loved legitimately. But I was unhappy/unfulfilled in the sexual and social aspects of the relationship. I decided it was fairer to him if I was honest about the blockage in our relationship progression; I was upfront about many things with this guy but I was afraid he would dump me if I told him where my dissatisfaction was in the relationship.

I even thought I might hurt his feelings if I told him why I was not feeling it like at the start of the relationship. Inadvertently I kinda became a mega-cunt, I'm somewhat cunty to begin with mind you, one day I said something carelessly and did hurt his feelings. That was when I knew, "Nah. I got to rip the band-aid off and lay it on the table. This is unfair."

Since then everything went smoothly in all my relationships. I am just very honest about my desires and if my partner(s) reject the offer of a relationship with me I now view as no different as simply 'not being into me'. That is no one's fault and perfectly acceptable for anyone.

If you are a forever bachelor or prefer being single, what have YOU learned?
    N/A

Committed; I see this dude all the time. Everyday. Morning, noon, and night. Weekends. Weekdays. Holidays. How can I miss you if you won't go away?
    Single; I don't see this dude enough. What is he doing? Where is he going? Are you even reading my texts? Are we going on holiday together or not? Where art thou?

I'm an intense lover.