Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
LastLast
  1. #181
    An i3...

    Are you a laptop gamer or something?

    Now a days you can get Ryzen 3's and Ryzen 5's for a rather inexpensive price.
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X.
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master ML 240L AIO
    Motherboard: GIGABYTE X570 AORUS PRO
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB DDR4 @ 3600 MHZ
    GPU: MSI Radeon RX 5700XT MECH OC

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    SL’s minimum (not “recommended” but “minimum”) requirement is an i5 processor. I have an i3 that runs GW2 (avoid game vs. game discussion) just fine but can’t run this ancient beast that is WoW? What a ripoff!
    This is WoW not GW2.

  3. #183
    Banned CrawlFromThePit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    The Depths Bellow
    Posts
    1,391
    Quote Originally Posted by kukkamies View Post
    I didn't define a gamer anywhere. Just what average gamer from Valve statistics uses and how my subjective friends are.

    There's a difference between a definition and a counter argument to your wrong definition. There's not a single type of gamer.
    I never said there's a single type of gamer, I even talked about different types so why are you saying something that is the opposite of reality?

  4. #184
    2070super and i have to tune down graphics to preset 5 or so to maybe get 60fps on some parts. its really intensive.

  5. #185
    Banned CrawlFromThePit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    The Depths Bellow
    Posts
    1,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    Okay lets explain why you clearly have no clue what you're talking about despite being a "passionate gamer:

    1) yes there are FPS drops from 1080 to 1440 the same way there are fps drops on the 10600k from 1080 to 1440 is the 10600k not a CPU for "Real Gamers" FPS drops happen from 1080 to 1440 because 1440p puts a higher strain on your graphics cards.

    2) lets talk about these 1080 - 1440p drops. The Delta between the 10100 and the 10600k at 1080p in BFV is 18fps. The delta at 1440p is 6 fps. This is because the higher you turn up the resolution the less impact your CPU performance has on your FPS as most of the work is being done by the GPU. Theses results can be seen in other games as well Shadow of the Tomb raider 1080p delta is 41fps 1440p delta is 13. As you can see the difference in CPU quality decreases as resolution rises

    3) Lets talk about these "FPS Drop problems" The average delta between average FPS and 1% min for 1080p gaming on the 10100 is 37. The average delta for the 10600k is 34. So if the 10100 is a bad gaming CPU because of the fps drops then the 10600k is a bad gaming CPU because of the FPS drops.

    4) there wont be another drop going from 1440p to 2k because generally speaking 1440p is refereed to as 2k gaming. You mean 4k Gaming and yes there would be another drop but the delta between CPUs would shrink. If anything the 10100 is better suited to high resolution gaming than it is to 1080p gaming because more strain is on your GPU.

    For someone who is "passionate" about gaming you have no clue what you're talking about. I'd rather have people scrounging up "pocket change from the couch" and building what they can afford that you in the gaming community any day of the week.
    You guys can do gymnastics with your fucking shit all day just because you got insulted by my facebook browsing comment, chill the fuck down lol, you don't need to defend weaker slower PCs and try to make them sound as good as the rest. Of course I don't think an i3 cpu is only good for browsing facebook, why do you feel the need to turn this into a fucking statistical circle jerking just to end with the exact same general conclusion that i3 is weaker? Why?
    Why try to talk this up and praise it when it's just objectively not as good?

    Did I exaggerate saying it's only good for facebook browsing? Okay yeah sure.
    Did you guys get overly sensitive over such an obviously silly comment? Yeah very much so.
    It wasn't a personal attack, why do people keep doing this on this forum? Like defend things that have NOTHING TO DO with them? You're not tasked with feeling the pain of hurt feelings an inanimate object could have.

    Nice post, now we all understand that i3 can do more than facebook browsing and is still weaker than a bunch of other options. Holy shit, the revelation, no one will live the same way from this point on.

    *very loud and exaggerated applause*

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's not anywhere near the scenario rogoth is painting, though. You should still be perfectly able to afford a new system every few years outside of extreme circumstances.

    Besides, EU prices generally include VAT already, so that might be somewhat misleading.
    Rogoth painting is much more grim than just tax. Earning power is the controlling factor in Rogoth arugment, I bill $500 just for a site visit consultation that takes just over 3/hrs of my time. That could be a weeks worth for some, and in china that is about 3 weeks worth the pay for the average individual.

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    You guys can do gymnastics with your fucking shit all day just because you got insulted by my facebook browsing comment, chill the fuck down lol, you don't need to defend weaker slower PCs and try to make them sound as good as the rest. Of course I don't think an i3 cpu is only good for browsing facebook, why do you feel the need to turn this into a fucking statistical circle jerking just to end with the exact same general conclusion that i3 is weaker? Why?
    Why try to talk this up and praise it when it's just objectively not as good?

    Did I exaggerate saying it's only good for facebook browsing? Okay yeah sure.
    Did you guys get overly sensitive over such an obviously silly comment? Yeah very much so.
    It wasn't a personal attack, why do people keep doing this on this forum? Like defend things that have NOTHING TO DO with them? You're not tasked with feeling the pain of hurt feelings an inanimate object could have.

    Nice post, now we all understand that i3 can do more than facebook browsing and is still weaker than a bunch of other options. Holy shit, the revelation, no one will live the same way from this point on.

    *very loud and exaggerated applause*
    I attack your post because comments like

    I said gamers, people who have a passion for it, not those who build a PC with the pocket change that fell in the couch
    and

    But yes, it's serviceable for casuals, just not great for gamers.
    keep people from building their own PCs and joining the PC gaming community because assholes like you will say they aren't "real gamers" cause they don't have $1000 to spend on a PC.

    When you say things like i3's aren't good for gaming just for browsing facebook people read that and when thinking about buying a computer won't buy one if they can only afford an i3 system. Comments like yours do real harm to the community and deserve to be called out for it.

    Also how is explaining the difference in numbers gymnastics? You made objectively false claims and I showed you why they were wrong. Accept that you were wrong and move on. Don't double down on false statements and continues proving you have no idea what you are talking about.

  8. #188
    False alert, guys: I just checked my specs and I have an i5, not an i3. Thing is, it's an i5-3570, and I don't know if it's newer than WoW's minimum requirement of i5-3450.

  9. #189
    It's a bit faster but overall they're about the same.

  10. #190
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vineland, Cumberland, NJ, USA
    Posts
    5,260
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    SL’s minimum (not “recommended” but “minimum”) requirement is an i5 processor. I have an i3 that runs GW2 (avoid game vs. game discussion) just fine but can’t run this ancient beast that is WoW? What a ripoff!
    Honestly those minimum specs are just fluff. Its not as if the installer will reject your hardware. The min they suggest is a third gen i5. But if you have anything remotely close to that like a second gen i3 it'll probably work fine.

    Worst is you install wow and it doesn't run to your personal preference.

  11. #191
    Immortal Nnyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Haomarush
    Posts
    7,046
    Have you played modded minecraft?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

  12. #192
    Herald of the Titans msdos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    2,672
    But I NEED all them particles and crap!!!! Blizzard, add more!

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    I'm 39 but all i can say to this pile of bullcrap is: ok, boomer
    Let me guess, best phone is Nokia3310, best car toyota prius, best console PS3 etc...
    Who needs better if we can just stop in technological evolution? It's just "fluff"
    Best car was Toyota supra mk3, yes Mark 3 with the pop up headlights not the mk4 shown in the fast and the furious movies

    But on topic if I remember or some knew reminds me tomorrow when I get up ill run the profiler on wow retail and wow beta and see what the crack is, see if its all that much of a difference.

  14. #194
    The i number matters far less than what GENERATION the cpu is from, this is a mistake a lot of people make when choosing or building a computer. I have a 3 or 4 year old i7 that Im replacing with a 1 year old i5 because the i5 is a genuine performance upgrade (I think its by like 50% too, not even a small bump). It looks like the i5 they have listed is an ivy bridge one from 2012. If your i3 is any more modern than that its likely many times more powerful than the minimum spec.
    For example it runs at about 30-40 fps on the M3 on the gpd win which is a dual core tablet processor but a kaby lake chip so actually well above the minimum requirements.

  15. #195
    Banned CrawlFromThePit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    The Depths Bellow
    Posts
    1,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    I attack your post because comments like



    and



    keep people from building their own PCs and joining the PC gaming community because assholes like you will say they aren't "real gamers" cause they don't have $1000 to spend on a PC.

    When you say things like i3's aren't good for gaming just for browsing facebook people read that and when thinking about buying a computer won't buy one if they can only afford an i3 system. Comments like yours do real harm to the community and deserve to be called out for it.

    Also how is explaining the difference in numbers gymnastics? You made objectively false claims and I showed you why they were wrong. Accept that you were wrong and move on. Don't double down on false statements and continues proving you have no idea what you are talking about.
    A comment on a WoW forum, a game that many people already play on toasters, will prevent other people in general across the world from building a budget PC?
    And not just a comment on this forum, a comment on this specific thread alone.
    Dude get real. You're not fighting for the wallet of the poor netizens of this world, you just want to argue like all the other plebs on this website because it makes your blood boil and grind your teeth. Go punch your pillow and get over it already.

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    A comment on a WoW forum, a game that many people already play on toasters, will prevent other people in general across the world from building a budget PC?
    And not just a comment on this forum, a comment on this specific thread alone.
    Dude get real. You're not fighting for the wallet of the poor netizens of this world, you just want to argue like all the other plebs on this website because it makes your blood boil and grind your teeth. Go punch your pillow and get over it already.
    You've made almost 1400 posts in just over a year. I've made less that 100 in more than a decade. I actually don't argue much at all seems like you do though.

    I'd wager you don't just make comments like this on here you make them in real life. You know you're wrong too btw. That's why you've changed your message from "i3's are bad" to "stop crusading on the internet".

    Accept you're wrong kid and move on.

  17. #197
    Banned CrawlFromThePit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    The Depths Bellow
    Posts
    1,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    You've made almost 1400 posts in just over a year. I've made less that 100 in more than a decade. I actually don't argue much at all seems like you do though.

    I'd wager you don't just make comments like this on here you make them in real life. You know you're wrong too btw. That's why you've changed your message from "i3's are bad" to "stop crusading on the internet".

    Accept you're wrong kid and move on.
    I already said they're not bad and my first comment was exaggerated. I then followed with the fact that they're also not good but I guess you're one of those who want full blind support of your opinion in order to be satisfied instead of realizing you're also wrong on a lot.

    Accept you're also wrong kid and move on.

  18. #198
    Scarab Lord Wries's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    4,005
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    False alert, guys: I just checked my specs and I have an i5, not an i3. Thing is, it's an i5-3570, and I don't know if it's newer than WoW's minimum requirement of i5-3450.
    Well just going by the numbers, in this particular case at least, you can take a healthy guess on which one is better

    Intel has also used these brand names for over a decade and new i3s are more powerful than old i7s and thus clear the requirements.

    What to take away mainly is that they have set a quad core as a minimum. I highly doubt you can’t *run* it on a dual core but the exclusion does peak my interest. Might try the beta on my older dual core laptop.
    Elusy | Cenyx
    i9-10980XE | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus WS X299 PRO | Geforce RTX 3080 FE | 2TB SSDs | 6TB HDDs

  19. #199
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    875
    Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    2070super and i have to tune down graphics to preset 5 or so to maybe get 60fps on some parts. its really intensive.
    Or, more likely, there a choke-point somewhere else, like your CPU or RAM.

    I'm using a 5700XT gfx card, a R5 3600 CPU on a recent PCIe4 motherboard, with a fast SSD and 16 GB or not very special RAM (so that's my likely choke-point). I run my display at 1440p and have everything maxed out when not in a large raid. The only time I go under 60fps aside from the occasional spike is in Boralus.

    I was checking CPU usage the other day and it doesn't cap out the CPU in normal play, and uses four cores. Therefore if you have fewer than four cores you might find your CPU becoming a choke-point, especially if you're doing other things as well (streaming, etc.). Having 6 physical cores my CPU is fine running WoW on four, the OS on one and the other stuff on the last one, before considering any 'hyperthreading' (whatever AMD calls it).

  20. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    Or, more likely, there a choke-point somewhere else, like your CPU or RAM.

    I'm using a 5700XT gfx card, a R5 3600 CPU on a recent PCIe4 motherboard, with a fast SSD and 16 GB or not very special RAM (so that's my likely choke-point). I run my display at 1440p and have everything maxed out when not in a large raid. The only time I go under 60fps aside from the occasional spike is in Boralus.

    I was checking CPU usage the other day and it doesn't cap out the CPU in normal play, and uses four cores. Therefore if you have fewer than four cores you might find your CPU becoming a choke-point, especially if you're doing other things as well (streaming, etc.). Having 6 physical cores my CPU is fine running WoW on four, the OS on one and the other stuff on the last one, before considering any 'hyperthreading' (whatever AMD calls it).
    i7 7700k 16gb ram.

    the game runs mostly at 120fps. but i want to see anyone getting 60fps on last phase of Carapace with 20-30 players spawning an add each after the mind bomb

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •