Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    You don't borrow memory from your motherboard to produce graphics. Memory doesn't produce graphics it stores data.

    A iGPU in an intel processor or a Ryzen APU will borrow memory from your RAM but that's not from your motherboard its from your RAM.

    iGPUs are still there today. A 10600k which is arguably the best gaming CPU to buy today price/performance has an iGPU.

    I'm 99% convinced you're a troll at this point but please keep responding this is fun.
    https://hexus.net/tech/tech-explaine...processor-igp/

    As opposed to you and your alt account i have proof.

    I'm done tho. I've proven you wrong so many times but at some point you just have to accept that some people are y2k and fact resistent.

    Its kinda boring when the only oposition you get is "NO. I know its like this. You need education!" and then goes away while their standin takes a beating for the next couple of messages. :/

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    SL’s minimum (not “recommended” but “minimum”) requirement is an i5 processor. I have an i3 that runs GW2 (avoid game vs. game discussion) just fine but can’t run this ancient beast that is WoW? What a ripoff!
    Minimum specs don't honestly mean you can't run this game if you don't have these things but more we can't guarantee you won't have issues playing and if you do, it's on you to sort it, not us.

  3. #143
    Legendary! TEHPALLYTANK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas(I wish it were CO)
    Posts
    6,883
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    HAHAHAHA...

    As if, I would ever touch anything connected to crypto currency, with a remote controlled 10 foot pole..
    That was the point I think, cryptomining will eat your up your GPU. Malware that hijacks your GPU to cryptomine has been around for a while, they're suggesting you check for malware in case that is an issue since it is a bit unusual for GPU to be more taxed than CPU when it comes to WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

  4. #144
    Banned CrawlFromThePit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    The Depths Bellow
    Posts
    1,391
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    i3's aren't old CPU's. There are brand new ones released in 2020...
    Yeah for people who browse facebook, not for gamers. Use the right tools for the job. i3 is not the right tool for gaming in this day and age.

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Yeah for people who browse facebook, not for gamers. Use the right tools for the job. i3 is not the right tool for gaming in this day and age.
    Depends what you're playing saying i3s are not the right tool for gaming is like saying Ryzan 3s are not the right tool for gaming

    A i3-10300 is going to be perfectly capable of playing most titles especially at higher resolutions and is $100 cheaper than a 10600k.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    https://hexus.net/tech/tech-explaine...processor-igp/

    As opposed to you and your alt account i have proof.

    I'm done tho. I've proven you wrong so many times but at some point you just have to accept that some people are y2k and fact resistent.

    Its kinda boring when the only oposition you get is "NO. I know its like this. You need education!" and then goes away while their standin takes a beating for the next couple of messages. :/
    You explained with an article from 2009 that proves your initial post that motherboards have graphics today is wrong.

    An iGPU doesn't borrow memory from your motherboard. Your mother board has like 128mb of memory at most, probably 32 or 64. That's not enough to do anything

    Modern APUs borrow system memory from your RAM to act as VRAM. Also saying that APUs can't game is really dumb since all modern consoles run an APU.

  6. #146
    People above me talking about 10300, when im here with 100+ addons installed playing wow on medium settings 1080p with a CPU from 2014 Q4...100-150 FPS in solo, 40-150 in groups depending on situation...

    Stop tards. WoW is not demanding, never has been, wont ever be. Blizzard knows that people like me plays this game - They scan our PC hardware without our knowledge anyway, so they can tailor their shit to us.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO
    NZXT H440 - Asus Z97 A Mobo - Corsair RM 850 - Intel I5 4590 CPU - Evo TX3 Cooler Master - Asus 970 Strix - 250GB SSD 850 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD - Windows 10

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    Depends what you're playing saying i3s are not the right tool for gaming is like saying Ryzan 3s are not the right tool for gaming

    A i3-10300 is going to be perfectly capable of playing most titles especially at higher resolutions and is $100 cheaper than a 10600k.

    - - - Updated - - -



    You explained with an article from 2009 that proves your initial post that motherboards have graphics today is wrong.

    An iGPU doesn't borrow memory from your motherboard. Your mother board has like 128mb of memory at most, probably 32 or 64. That's not enough to do anything

    Modern APUs borrow system memory from your RAM to act as VRAM. Also saying that APUs can't game is really dumb since all modern consoles run an APU.
    motherboards have graphics today
    When you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about or what the conversation is about

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    When you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about or what the conversation is about
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post

    I havent at any point said that you couldnt run games with a tenth gen i3. Just like the integrated graphics of most MB's today are enough to run a lot of games. Thats not really what they are made for tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post

    Just like the integrated graphics of most MB's today are enough to run a lot of games.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    integrated graphics of most MB's today
    You literally said most motherboards today have integrated graphics. You then linked an article from 2009 which stated on board graphics will be entirely phased out by 2012. This disproves your statement that most motherboards today have integrated graphics.

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    A CPU having an iGPU is not the same thing as your motherboard having graphics. Your motherboard does not have a graphics card

    Also K sku CPUs do have iGPUs K just means they are overclockable I believe you are confusing the K branding with the F branding which removes the iGPU
    Your right I meant F I have a KF CPU

  10. #150
    Modern i3-10100 (4 cores, 8 threads) is equivalent to three years old i7-7700. Both run games very well, although 4c/8t is starting to be a bottleneck in latest games. Not in WoW though.

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    They are? As opposed to yours you mean? Thats an interesting viewpoint reeeally
    Classic case of projection trying to flip it over when you’re the problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    maybe they did 20 years ago. No idea about that.
    Once again you have no clue, my 4-year MSI Leopard GP72 CPU is soldered to the board. I found that out when I took it apart to put better thermal paste on the CPU and GPU when I first got it. 20 years ago, is when they were not Soldered and replaceable because I replaced the MB in my Toshiba satellite.

    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    No you didnt :/
    Actually, I did you cherry picked my words and used them to look as though I was not referring to the “U” CPU.

    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    You are obviously getting very angry about being wrong all the time. I'm just gonna let this one fizzle out now
    I don’t get angry I have a 7-year-old, I only try to educate people when they are incorrect you are so off base that it is laughable. In addition, your grammar is the worst!
    Last edited by Kalika; 2020-09-27 at 06:55 PM.

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    SL’s minimum (not “recommended” but “minimum”) requirement is an i5 processor. I have an i3 that runs GW2 (avoid game vs. game discussion) just fine but can’t run this ancient beast that is WoW? What a ripoff!
    CPU: Intel Core i5-3450, which is about half the performance of the intel i3-10300. that i5-3450 came out like 8 years ago, so anything you have from the last 5 years is probably going to be good enough for the minimum specs.

  13. #153
    Saying an i3 runs just fine is a lie anything under 60 fps max graphics is unplayable and even a new high end can do that

  14. #154
    I don't do mythic raids etc. but for basically anything else my r3-2200g+rx480 (Single-dimm 8g) and r7-1700+gtx1080 (4x16gb in dual-channel) machines don't differ in the feeling I get out of the game. I was even able to get 4k-mid without AA on an rx460 2gb and 2gb gt1030 without getting much hit on general fluidity of the game.

    Though I have been using nothing but at least AHCI SSDs in the minimum for the last 5 years with the r3-2200g machine running the game on a mid-range nvme ssd. That might have some part to play but WoW has been the most tame game for me in terms of almost being able to run in a toaster.

    Will see how it will be in SL.

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    Saying an i3 runs just fine is a lie anything under 60 fps max graphics is unplayable and even a new high end can do that
    An i3 10300 will run most modern games at 60fps perfectly fine.

    Games with more physics calculations or that are optimized to make use of more than 4 cores (which is very few) may expe ience some slowdown with an i3 vs an i5 but the vast majority of games aren't CPU bottlenecked especially at high settings

    Even a 10100 barely bottle necks a 2080ti at 1440p.

  16. #156
    Immortal FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    7,321
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    That was the point I think, cryptomining will eat your up your GPU. Malware that hijacks your GPU to cryptomine has been around for a while, they're suggesting you check for malware in case that is an issue since it is a bit unusual for GPU to be more taxed than CPU when it comes to WoW.
    It's only when WoW runs, it uses 70% GPU.. When it's not running, it's <5%
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

    My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    https://hexus.net/tech/tech-explaine...processor-igp/

    As opposed to you and your alt account i have proof.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    As we have said many times before: we don't allow alt accounts. We can and do ban them as we encounter them. Please report alts and evades when you suspect them, but also understand that we can't just assume every single new account is an alt account and ban it without any supporting evidence.
    Make sure the report us if you are really that delusional.

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    Saying an i3 runs just fine is a lie anything under 60 fps max graphics is unplayable and even a new high end can do that
    I think we need real benchmarks otherwise it is all just speculations. I have a feeling it would run. Whether it would run acceptably would partially depends on the gamer. Sure it most likely would not reach 60 with max graphics. People can turned down the graphic settings. The game does not have to run with everything at max. I certainly do not.

    Not everyone can afford a GC to run with everything at max at high framerate.

  19. #159
    Banned CrawlFromThePit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    The Depths Bellow
    Posts
    1,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    Depends what you're playing saying i3s are not the right tool for gaming is like saying Ryzan 3s are not the right tool for gaming

    A i3-10300 is going to be perfectly capable of playing most titles especially at higher resolutions and is $100 cheaper than a 10600k.
    You know what I meant.

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    You know what I meant.
    Did you mean that i3's are perfectly serviceable CPU's for many sole gaming related tasks? cause if so saying that an i3 isn't the right tool for gaming is pretty silly.

    Here's a review of an i3 10100 the lesser of the 10th gen i3's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAPq9Lthhnc&t=876s

    Battlefield V ultra 140fps
    Far Cry New Dawn Ultra 90 fps
    Shadow of the Tomb raider Ultra 80 fps
    RDR2 High 80 fps

    Can we stop pretending that an i3 isn't a perfectly reasonable budget gaming CPU. Is an i5 10600k better? yes. Is a Ryzen 3600 better? yes but those chips are also more expensive and people have budgets. Comments like i3's are not gaming CPUs or that people are idiots for putting a i3 in a gaming CPU drive people away from PC gaming. Budget PCs can be very serviceable in most game.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    I think we need real benchmarks otherwise it is all just speculations. I have a feeling it would run. Whether it would run acceptably would partially depends on the gamer. Sure it most likely would not reach 60 with max graphics. People can turned down the graphic settings. The game does not have to run with everything at max. I certainly do not.

    Not everyone can afford a GC to run with everything at max at high framerate.
    Your CPU has very little to do with what settings you can run a game at. Moving up to higher resolutions and textures stresses your GPU not your CPU. Things that stress your CPU are things that require calculations, Particle effects IIRC can put more stress on your CPU since there are now more things that the CPU needs to calculate the position of same with reflections I believe (someone can correct me if I'm wrong) but simply turning resolutions up from low to high doesn't have any real effect on your CPU. For the most part if a CPU can run a game on low with 60fps it can run the game on high with around 60fps if the GPU can run the game at 60fps

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •