Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    You'd be surprised what can run the game on the lowest settings.
    The thing is, they don't want people doing that, because it misses a lot of visual clarity that the game relies on.

Try doing a raid with Projected Textures off, for example.

I doubt there is anything worth doing in Guild Wars 2, so you probably don't notice that issue.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    Not true anymore nowadays.
    Um yes it is.. lol. Play the game on max. I run a 7600k and it uses about 60% of my cpu when I'm in high pop areas. And it doesn't even tax my graphics card (a 1070) in the slightest.

GW2 sucks more load from my setup than WoW does. And yes, my setup is far beyond what the min requirements will be for SL.

So the minimum requirement for your CPU for shadowlands are both from 2012. Such demanding requirements.

In my experience, Blizzard games run on anything within reason, but run well on nothing (that I get better FPS in Doom Eternal, a 2020 title, than a 2004 game will never cease to amaze me). Your i3 should run Shadowlands if you can run BfA, just maybe you'll have to tone expensive settings like particle effetcs, shadows or draw distance down.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    The newest i3's, and i do mean newest, arent much better then that i5.
    The newest desktop i3, the 10320, has a base clock of 3.8 ghz, turbo to 4.6, significantly faster than any i5 from 7 generations ago. And that's just looking at clock speed and ignoring any gains made in IPC or any other nifty new technology introduced over the past 8 years. Any desktop i3 released in the past few years aside from maybe the lowest spec chips outperforms an 8 year old budget i5 and will run SL fine.

Blade and Soul Says Hold my beer to this topic you can run the game on the best CPU and Best GPU on the market today and not get 60 FPS
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Coolioe View Post
    The newest desktop i3, the 10320, has a base clock of 3.8 ghz, turbo to 4.6, significantly faster than any i5 from 7 generations ago. And that's just looking at clock speed and ignoring any gains made in IPC or any other nifty new technology introduced over the past 8 years. Any desktop i3 released in the past few years aside from maybe the lowest spec chips outperforms an 8 year old budget i5 and will run SL fine.
    9th gen was released in 2018 so i'm not sure how you define "the last few years".
    I5: 4 cores, 4 threads, 6mb cache, 3.10 GHz base frequenzy

It has twice the threads but no hyperthreading. It has the same amount of cores.

This is the NEWEST gen of i3. The chance of the guy we where talking about having the newst gen of i3 is slim to none because why the fuck would you spend money on that for a gaming pc.
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    WoW is a CPU heavy game
    Not true..

My CPU usage is rarely over 15%, but my GPU usage is always >70%
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

The minimum for WoW should be a Ryzen 8 core, Intel's shit is obsolete at this point, they forced the market to work on 4 cores for a decade because AMD didn't offer any competition.

Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    Not true anymore nowadays.
    Turn off the RTX meme and it'll hit CPU limits first.

9th gen was released in 2018 so i'm not sure how you define "the last few years".
    I5: 4 cores, 4 threads, 6mb cache, 3.10 GHz base frequenzy

It has twice the threads but no hyperthreading. It has the same amount of cores.

This is the NEWEST gen of i3. The chance of the guy we where talking about having the newst gen of i3 is slim to none because why the fuck would you spend money on that for a gaming pc.
    Wow you really need to educate yourself before you start going off.

The minimum spec for wow is about 10% slower than the entry level i3-8100 you certain don't need a brand new i3

The current top end i3, the i3-10320 is about 5-8% slower in single a dual core tasks than the 10600k and about 12% slower on quad core tasks. Saying that i3's are capable for gaming PC's is a really dumb thing to say

Yes an i5 is going to be better a Ryzen 3 3300k is going to be much bette value if you can find one but i3's can certainly game.

If you look at all i3's and not just the bottom tiered i3 then you can go back to the 6320 that came out in 2015 so no you don't need the "newest i3"

Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    Wow you really need to educate yourself before you start going off.

The minimum spec for wow is about 10% slower than the entry level i3-8100 you certain don't need a brand new i3

The current top end i3, the i3-10320 is about 5-8% slower in single a dual core tasks than the 10600k and about 12% slower on quad core tasks. Saying that i3's are capable for gaming PC's is a really dumb thing to say

Yes an i5 is going to be better a Ryzen 3 3300k is going to be much bette value if you can find one but i3's can certainly game.

If you look at all i3's and not just the bottom tiered i3 then you can go back to the 6320 that came out in 2015 so no you don't need the "newest i3"
    This is the 2nd time in this thread someone insults me over something i havent said :P

Should i be offended that you didnt read my post before replying to it or laugh that you spend time typing that for no reason?

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    SL’s minimum (not “recommended” but “minimum”) requirement is an i5 processor. I have an i3 that runs GW2 (avoid game vs. game discussion) just fine but can’t run this ancient beast that is WoW? What a ripoff!
    Sometimes you need a new potato.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

I5's are currently the low end gaming processors when it comes to Intel. Wow is reflecting that in shadowlands aswell.
    Tell that the i5 10600k which can beat every single CPU in gaming when done right.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Not true..

My CPU usage is rarely over 15%, but my GPU usage is always >70%
    Got that backwards?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Rngmonster The God View Post
    Tell that the i5 10600k which can beat every single CPU in gaming when done right.
    Definitely an excellent cpu. Not the best tho. Still outdone by the i7 and i9 versions. But thats also the newest gen tech.

For some reason it has pciE 3 tho

As usual, WoW will be able to run with a potatoe.

Minimum req. are usually for low/medium graphics with high FPS. A laptop with an I3 and integrated graphic card will still able to play shadowlands with decent performance.

Oh no you need a 100$ processor to play a game from 2020...

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    What the hell is up with people and with the "ancient 15 years old game".

It's not even close to what it was in 2005. It has been updated over and over and over.
    yeah i find it stupid too

i mean , wow vanilla, i was able to have correct perf with a pentium 4, in bc it was not the case anymore , something like 15-20 fps lost , i had to change pc at wrath because i was at 5 fps in raid ^.^

anyway, since 15 year the game have been upgraded a lot of time, so its not a 15 year old game now but not ask high spec pc too, for a few hundred buck you can have a enough pc to run the game but not my problem since i have a master race pc now