Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    This is the 2nd time in this thread someone insults me over something i havent said :P

Should i be offended that you didnt read my post before replying to it or laugh that you spend time typing that for no reason?
    So then someone else wrote all off these?

This is the NEWEST gen of i3. The chance of the guy we where talking about having the newst gen of i3 is slim to none because why the fuck would you spend money on that for a gaming pc.

Comparing the 10th gen i3 with the i5-3450:
    I5: 4 cores, 4 threads, 6mb cache, 3.10 GHz base frequenzy
    I3-10th gen:5 cores, 5 threads, 4mb cache 2,8 GHz base frequenzy.

And thats the absolute newest gen3. I doubt its gonna run well on an older i3.

Edit:
    its actually 2,8 GHz at max turbo. Even worse :/

The newest i3's, and i do mean newest, arent much better then that i5.

I3's that come out today arent made for gaming they are made for work laptops who needs long battery life or mobile devices.

If you bought a new pc within the last 5 years and you bought and i3 you didnt get it for gaming(or you where an idiot tbh).

If the newest i3's aren't meant for gaming a wonder what you think a 4c4t 65w CPU with boost clocks of 4.6ghz is made for?

If the newest, and I do mean newest, i3's aren't better than the i5-3470 then why does it get 50% better performance

I also have no idea what 10th Gen i3 you're using in you comparison the 10100 has base clocks of 3.6 with boost clocks of up to 4.3.

5 Core 5 thread sounds like a mobile CPU to me I'm not sure why your comparing mobile CPUs to desktops CPUs. Even if we do however the lowest level mobile 10th gen i3s have faster single and dual core performance than a 3470.

You're straight up wrong my man. Accept it and move on

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawnftw View Post
    I bought a 3090 just to run WoW on Medium settings
    Powerful yet modest person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Got that backwards?
    Nope..

Lots and lots of CPU to spare, GPU working like a horse.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

OP, My CPU from 2014 crushes wow just fine. See full specs in description. Please stop being so cheap. Look into dell optiplex and build a PC for like 300 dollars.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Nope..

[X]

Unless you got some low spec settings and a poopoo gpu.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I have no idea what brings you to this assumption, but you are wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

... Except in cities
    Sounds like you need a better CPU. I’m at 150+ in cities on Ultra and I run a few years old i5 OC’d to 5ghz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DuskSP View Post
    [X]

Unless you got some low spec settings and a poopoo gpu.
    No idea, if it's low or high spec, except it's probably "old spec" by now. The rig is 4-5 years old by now.

It's an Intel i7 CPU and ATI Radeon 680. Running high (not ultra) details with 60fps.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    So then someone else wrote all off these?

If the newest i3's aren't meant for gaming a wonder what you think a 4c4t 65w CPU with boost clocks of 4.6ghz is made for?

If the newest, and I do mean newest, i3's aren't better than the i5-3470 then why does it get 50% better performance

I also have no idea what 10th Gen i3 you're using in you comparison the 10100 has base clocks of 3.6 with boost clocks of up to 4.3.

5 Core 5 thread sounds like a mobile CPU to me I'm not sure why your comparing mobile CPUs to desktops CPUs. Even if we do however the lowest level mobile 10th gen i3s have faster single and dual core performance than a 3470.

You're straight up wrong my man. Accept it and move on
    The i3 series is made primarily for hte mobile market today. Lower power needs and less heat build up are their benchmarks. Doesnt mean they dont make them for workstations aswell. I have a feeling they are trying to make the i3 into the best mobile gaming processor, because that market it extremely huge.

But yes, you are right, i got its specs wrong. Doesnt mean everything else i said wasnt true, or that the things you accused me off where??

The minimum spec for wow is about 10% slower than the entry level i3-8100 you certain don't need a brand new i3
    havent said you do?

Saying that i3's are capable for gaming PC's is a really dumb thing to say
    I assume you mean INcapable. And i havent. I'd never buy one for a gaming pc tho. Why in the world would you do that.

Yes an i5 is going to be better a Ryzen 3 3300k is going to be much bette value if you can find one but i3's can certainly game.
    I havent once talked about ryzen cpu's.

If you look at all i3's and not just the bottom tiered i3 then you can go back to the 6320 that came out in 2015 so no you don't need the "newest i3"
    You can go back to the 6320 for what? And need the newest i3 for what?
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    SL’s minimum (not “recommended” but “minimum”) requirement is an i5 processor. I have an i3 that runs GW2 (avoid game vs. game discussion) just fine but can’t run this ancient beast that is WoW? What a ripoff!
    Are you joking, GW2 is 1000x more un-optimized and look way worse.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Nope..

You should check for cryptominer infestation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You should check for cryptominer infestation.
    HAHAHAHA...

As if, I would ever touch anything connected to crypto currency, with a remote controlled 10 foot pole..

HAHAHAHA...

As if, I would ever touch anything connected to crypto currency, with a remote controlled 10 foot pole..
    Nobody said you put them there on purpose. Or even knowingly.

The i3 series is made primarily for hte mobile market today. Lower power needs and less heat build up are their benchmarks. Doesnt mean they dont make them for workstations aswell. I have a feeling they are trying to make the i3 into the best mobile gaming processor, because that market it extremely huge.

But yes, you are right, i got its specs wrong. Doesnt mean everything else i said wasnt true, or that the things you accused me off where??

havent said you do?

I assume you mean INcapable. And i havent. I'd never buy one for a gaming pc tho. Why in the world would you do that.

I havent once talked about ryzen cpu's.

You can go back to the 6320 for what? And need the newest i3 for what?
    This might come to you as a suprise but i3 is basically the same chip as i5,i7 or i9 but it has some parts of it disabled because in the production phase those parts of the chip weren't stable. i3 chips aren't specifically made for anything. They are just chips that can be sold cheaper instead of just throwing them away.

Of course you can run it, the minimum specs just say that it might suck if you do and they don't take responsibility for your wooden computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    This might come to you as a suprise but i3 is basically the same chip as i5,i7 or i9 but it has some parts of it disabled because in the production phase those parts of the chip weren't stable. i3 chips aren't specifically made for anything. They are just chips that can be sold cheaper instead of just throwing them away.
    Why dont you call intel and tell them that so they can tell you why they are making new generations of i3's instead of me having to educate you guys on your alt accounts every 2 days.

CPU has nothing to do with graphics. And it's not needless.

Why dont you call intel and tell them that so they can tell you why they are making new generations of i3's instead of me having to educate you guys on your alt accounts every 2 days.
    You dont seem to have the slightest clue how CPU's are made. Maybe you should call Intel?

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    You dont seem to have the slightest clue how CPU's are made. Maybe you should call Intel?
    How they are made? No you are absolutely right. I havent once claimed i know how they are made. I suspect they are made in a factory by one or several machines.

I'm not really interested in finding out though. So why would i call them?

Hi. sorry to ask a question in someone elses thread, But you all seem very Tech-"savy" and i've never really understood this stuff at all.

Throughout the years i've heard of people saying that PC needs to be "updated all the time as Components get outdated"

But i've had this current comp since around 2014 and never updated it.

So i'm wondering, Is my speccs still up to par nowdays? Is there something that needs to be updated to play games?

I3's that come out today arent made for gaming they are made for work laptops who needs long battery life or mobile devices.

If you bought a new pc within the last 5 years and you bought and i3 you didnt get it for gaming(or you where an idiot tbh).

I5's are currently the low end gaming processors when it comes to Intel. Wow is reflecting that in shadowlands aswell.

TLDR:
    I3's that are 5 or more years old are outdated. Modern I3's arent made for gaming.
    An i5 9600k is THE gaming processor, not a low end one lol.