Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    WoW is a CPU heavy game whereas GW2 is a GPU heavy game. it's all in how the games distribute on the system
    If I remember right, GW2 has typically been seen as a CPU heavy game. A lot of critisims was leveraged against it in the early days for not making better use of GPUs.
    Even now my Ryzen 5 2600X with a Geforce GTX 660 performs about as well as my wife's I7 6700k with a GTX 1070Ti in GW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    The single cores are like 5% better, and that is what matters for games
    https://www.intel.com/content/www/us.../i9-10900.html

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us.../i7-10700.html

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us.../i5-10500.html

its basicly the same. The only notable difference(besides the obvious embetterments of the higher intel numbers) is that the ram is slightly faster on the i7 and i9
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    https://www.intel.com/content/www/us.../i9-10900.html

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us.../i7-10700.html

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us.../i5-10500.html

its basicly the same. The only notable difference(besides the obvious embetterments of the higher intel numbers) is that the ram is slightly faster on the i7 and i9
    Yeah i checked fps on userbenchmarks. The i7/9 are better but wow just cannot utilize that many cores

It's not a graphic-intensive game. GFX card requirement is still in the lower end. It has a lot going on hence the slightly higher CPU req. As a few others noted already in this thread, the standout issue really comes to disk drive speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Yeah i checked fps on userbenchmarks. The i7/9 are better but wow just cannot utilize that many cores
    I havent checked but i wouldnt be suprised if the i7 and i9 have hyperthreading and that its somehow fucking it up in wow.

I bought the i7-9700k(it doesnt have hyper threading) and it runs wow even during heavy loading stuff like an absolute dream. I literally never experience fps drops.

Kinda regret not getting he i9 for other things though but it was expensive as fuck

I think the issue is here the naming scemes of intel rather than a real issue. The CPU-Requirements for wow who is actually a very CPU heavy game is not as high as you think. The biggest issue is simply intel with it's core strategy: i3 had only 2 cors, now 4 or whatever, no hypertreating or yes hyperthreading, no idea what exactly intel does.

Thank god there's Ryzen: all unlocked, all hyperthread and at least this times the naming is... let's say a bit better. (except for ryzen 3400G; why did they add a 2nd generation zen+ generation cpu with the name of a 3rd gen ryzen zen2...)
    Last edited by Velerios; 2020-09-26 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Frankly WoW's biggest drawback point for me has always been, weirdly enough, disk drive speed.
    An SSD does wonders.

You are right, what i said wasnt correct. I wasnt thinking about the mobile market as a gaming market, which it certainly is.

What in the world are you on about. Ofcourse you can.

R - O - F -L

No. That just means its a power saving cpu. it doesnt have to be a "gaming laptop" to not have one.

This is also not true

I get the feeling this isnt going to end well. I've already made a few enemies in this thread just stating facts. I'm gonna get ganged up on arent i
    You are getting that feeling because your response are wrong, rude, condescending, you are arguing with me and you clearly have no clue. "U" processors are not sold in stores and are not consumer CPU they come in prebuilt systems mostly moble and laptops they are also a different shape. Most laptops and mobile devices do not have sockets they have sodered on CPU's. In addition your quoting is bad since I clearly said Laptops CPU with "U" can not be used in a desktop but you and your Peon's brain left that out.
    Last edited by Kalika; 2020-09-26 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Most developers pull the minimum specs out of their arses.

They find the lowest spec machine they have around the office that it more or less runs on, and that's the minimum spec.

If it runs at decent settings at 1080p and 60fps, then great. That's now the recommended spec.
    Yeah no. Most that offer betas, have hardware surveys that gather the specs of the computers testing and base their minimum specs off that.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    An SSD does wonders.
    Yup. Been using one for many years now. Entire zones draw in like 1 second. Loading times are practically nil these days.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hi,
    there is a simple solution to see if you need an upgrade. You don't need to be a techie for this.

Just ask yourself this question:
    Does it run smooth enough for you?

If yes, you don't need to upgrade. Of course the dungeon could load 0.5 seconds faster
    You could have 20 more frames in a raid

But if you don't have 20 versions of details active, have a monitor with a lower resolution or whatever you just might be fine with your hardware.
    Maybe you are ok with lower graphicsettings? That also means you don't need better hardware perhaps.

So as long as everything is fine, don't upgrade and when you think something is bad (long loading times, lag, etc), you can ask how to get rid of that one problem.

Just like the integrated graphics of most MB's today are enough to run a lot of games. Thats not really what they are made for tho.
    Can you please direct me to where I can find the integrated graphics on my motherboard? I'm having trouble locating it.

I can't believe you're out here trying to tell people they're wrong about CPUs while claiming MBs have an iGPU

10+ Year Old Account
    most likely its because of that ray tracing crap.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    An SSD does wonders.
    Seconded. Anyone who plays this game without an SSD is doing themselves a huge disservice. That's a far better upgrade than a better CPU, and a better GPU will barely matter for WoW unless you for some reason want to enable ray tracing outside of when you take screenshots.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

You are right, what i said wasnt correct. I wasnt thinking about the mobile market as a gaming market, which it certainly is.

What in the world are you on about. Ofcourse you can.

R - O - F -L

No. That just means its a power saving cpu. it doesnt have to be a "gaming laptop" to not have one.

This is also not true

I get the feeling this isnt going to end well. I've already made a few enemies in this thread just stating facts. I'm gonna get ganged up on arent i
    People are only ganging up on you because you're wrong. This is the current top of the line i3 processor for desktop https://www.intel.ca/content/www/ca/.../i3-10320.html. Notice how it specifically says it's for desktop use. You wont find this chip in a laptop because you'll be hard pressed to find a laptop form factor board with the same socket type. As for putting laptop chips in a desktop, it's not something you can just drop into a consumer board. https://www.intel.ca/content/www/ca/...i3-10110u.html this is 10th gen mobile i3, go try and find a board for sale on any consumer site with an FCBGA1528 socket. You can get them from Chinese resellers or something like that, but the average i3 running in a desktop PC isn't a mobile chip.

As for the current gen i3's being only for the mobile market, that's just because intel hasn't released 11th gen desktop cpus yet. The only 11th gen i7s out right now are for mobile too (like https://www.intel.com/content/www/us...i7-1160g7.html) but you wouldn't say i7s are now only meant for the mobile market. 11th gen desktop CPUs are just not released yet, they will be early next year I believe. Intel makes i3/i5/i7s specifically for the desktop AND mobile market, and they release them at different times.

i3s are just budget CPUs, and generally modern i3s are fine for the vast majority of gaming, and as multiple people have side any i3 going back to the 6th gen will run Shadowlands fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    Can you please direct me to where I can find the integrated graphics on my motherboard? I'm having trouble locating it.

I can't believe you're out here trying to tell people they're wrong about CPUs while claiming MBs have an iGPU
    The CPU has the GPU chip the motherboard has the ports. Not all MB have the ports and not all CPU have a IGPU. Most Xeons do not have iGPU and I3/5/7 with "K" after the name does not either.

Yes, I think it is a needlessly graphic-intensive game... Cant it just be text based to save cpu load

Oh look, another OP who thinks WoW is the same game it was in 2004. Neato.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalika View Post
    The CPU has the GPU chip the motherboard has the ports. Not all MB have the ports and not all CPU have a IGPU. Most Xeons do not have iGPU and I3/5/7 with "K" after the name does not either.
    A CPU having an iGPU is not the same thing as your motherboard having graphics. Your motherboard does not have a graphics card

Also K sku CPUs do have iGPUs K just means they are overclockable I believe you are confusing the K branding with the F branding which removes the iGPU

Quote Originally Posted by Kalika View Post
    You are getting that feeling because your response are wrong, rude, condescending, you are arguing with me and you clearly have no clue. "U" processors are not sold in stores and are not consumer CPU they come in prebuilt systems mostly moble and laptops they are also a different shape. Most laptops and mobile devices do not have sockets they have sodered on CPU's. In addition your quoting is bad since I clearly said Laptops CPU with "U" can not be used in a desktop but you and your Peon's brain left that out.
    You are getting that feeling because your response are wrong, rude, condescending,
    They are? As opposed to yours you mean? Thats an interesting viewpoint reeeally

you clearly have no clue
    you and your Peon's brain
    Most laptops and mobile devices do not have sockets they have sodered on CPU's.
    maybe they did 20 years ago. No idea about that.

In addition your quoting is bad since I clearly said Laptops CPU with "U" can not be used in a desktop
    No you didnt :/

And no you can not run an I3 for a laptop in a Desktop because you can not buy a Laptop CPU as a consumer
    You are obviously getting very angry about being wrong all the time. I'm just gonna let this one fizzle out now

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post

https://hexus.net/tech/tech-explaine...processor-igp/

??

Is this new to you?

My first laptop didnt have a seperate graphics card. I was working with 8mb of onboard memory for graphics

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coolioe View Post
    SNIPPERINO
    People come at me putting words in my mouth and then scruff off again when they realise they are wrong, you are just the next person in the line bro :P

I havent said there arent i3 chips for desktops. I've said the i3 line is currently being produced for mobile devices. Thats the idea with keeping the i3 line alive. Its not something I say its something intel advertise with. So if you have a problem with that you can take that up with them.

I have no idea what your entire 2nd paragraph is meant to underline. It seems like you forgot to quote someone else because it has nothing to do with me.

Last paragraph aswell. Seems like you are trying to excavate something from me that i havent said. As if you could summarize that i think i3's cant be used for running games or that it wont run Shadowlands.

It doesnt change the fact that you would be pretty dumb buying an i3 today for gaming however. Just like you would not getting an ssd at least for your OS. Do you HAVE to? Nope. its your choice