Thread: Boycott the Maw

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I don't see the problem...?

One of the most worrying things I've heard recently concerning the Maw was that due to the changes to how running Torghast works, there was almost no real purpose for going down into what was supposed to be the endgame zone for launch.

I'd argue that this is still not really good enough, and that they could most certainly do more to make the Maw worth being in for the time we're allowed there. But this is -- I think, at least -- a step in the right direction, because it's at least starting to address the issue. Manifest Aethershunts themselves seem like a really decent item, though I probably would've given the name a second thought.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    With the recent changes and new RNG / currency systems, I’m afraid we as a community need to boycott the MAW so they get the message, we wont play the way you want us to play, but that is a commitment from casual to top end players and all realms.

This should be proposed from top players and streamers, if no one enters they will notice that 100% guaranted.
    Yeah I'll just skip an important part and gimp my character like hell just because I don't like the zone. NO ONE will do that, even if it's not fun, if it's mandatory we'll have to bear with it... or stop playing this game. There are plenty of games out there

dont worry, anyone who doesn't want to play due to whatever reason, you're probably too soft to handle wow at this point. there is an easier version its called classic

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Visions were great content, especially if you did it all solo. Just because you sucked at them and didn't understand how they work, it doesn't mean that it's bad game design.
    Visions were horribly boring, and felt grindy as hell after I finished my first solo 5 mask run. Every week, “blah another 5 runs”. After I got a socket for my last piece of gear, I have never went near them again!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley29 View Post
    I have been there and its like hell and my toon certainly doesnt want to be sent there again its a crummy place full of tormented souls and is literally the wows version of hell. So please dont ever send my toon there again he doesnt deserve it.
    The Maw sounds awesome! Can't wait to be there as much as possible

With the recent changes and new RNG / currency systems, I’m afraid we as a community need to boycott the MAW so they get the message, we wont play the way you want us to play, but that is a commitment from casual to top end players and all realms.

This should be proposed from top players and streamers, if no one enters they will notice that 100% guaranted.
    How about... no

You obviously have no idea why this was implemented or how it works. This isn’t the sole and only way to obtain or upgrade conduits, because for the most part, you get rewards relating to them the harder content you do. What they’ve added is basically just a nice fall-back system if you happen to have veeeeery very back RNG luck, or if you just happen to have that amount of currency you can spend every now and again.

It’s not a primary feature for conduits etc.

never going to happen. have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephod View Post
    The Maw sounds awesome! Can't wait to be there as much as possible
    Seeing how the intro cant be skipped you may live long enough to eat those words HAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Yorimar View Post
    ill never step foot in there unless they decide to allow ground mounts. imagine argus without ground mounts... seriously.. i hate blizzard for not giving flying but lock it behind dumbass achievements because they feel the need to decide i should look at their 'pretty' world (as if that isnt possible in the air?) but not allowing ground mount? FUCK THAT SHIT
    yeah, they have already said they arent planning to add mounts. have fun locking yourself out of a large portion of the game i guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Solry View Post
    YYYYEEEEHAW!!! Another rng based currency grind, Shitlands looking better by the minute. This is the last straw, the expansion is anitu-fun period. No king rules forever, time to move on from this spreadsheet design game.
    to what? have fun coming back at some point i guess.

I like this game way too much to fully quit....BUT I wanna play it how I WANT, not how Blizzard is dictating to me. Even if a better game comes out I will still continue to play WoW. As a matter of fact, my warlock on classic alone is enough for me to keep playing.
    So, basically - “i WaNt To PlAy ThIs GaMe DiFfErEnTlY tO hOw ThE dEvElOpErS iNtEnDeD gAmE pLaY tO bE bEcAuSe I dOnT lIkE aNy KiNd Of AuThOrItY.”

Maybe you have to realise that the game is designed to work a certain way and that’s how it’s intended to be played, and that it’s not just a personal sandbox for you to use however you wish

There are several ways you can play this game, but there’s still a fundamental way the game mechanically works and you can’t change that, kiddo. Maybe this game just really isn’t for you.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    What grind? The primary way to upgrade your Conduits is do higher level content. This is a catch up mechanism...
    Don't engage with someone who complains first and asks questions later. They aren't worth your time.

- - - Updated - - -

I like this game way too much to fully quit....BUT I wanna play it how I WANT, not how Blizzard is dictating to me. Even if a better game comes out I will still continue to play WoW. As a matter of fact, my warlock on classic alone is enough for me to keep playing.
    I've got some bad news. Unless you are doing some major glitching, you are always playing a game like the developers intended. It's software.

It's your job to find a game that asks you to do things you want to do. It's not the game's job to cater to you.

Aah, the usual misinformed clueless whiner. Gotta love those.

You wanna boycott it, go do it. Make the game a more enjoyable place for the rest of us as we won't have to deal with your kind of players.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    You need to understand that many people lost all trust in Blizzard after BfA and that those people (including me) always assume the worst.
    Why do other People need to understand that People like yourself would rather throw a tantrum with misinformation than actually learn to read first? You assuming the worst and using it as a reason to whinge without actually even knowing what you are whinging about shouldn't be other peoples problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll do the opposite of what "top players" want.

They speak for themselves no one else.

the amount of people who complain about something without even bothering to actualy read how it will be is astonishing

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    yeah, they have already said they arent planning to add mounts. have fun locking yourself out of a large portion of the game i guess.

- - - Updated - - -

to what? have fun coming back at some point i guess.
    I would cherish the opportunity to come back when there's an actual fun game to play, not a load of chores to do.

I'm sure that boycott of yours is going to work out fine

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    No, I don't think I will.

You know what I'm going to do? I'm going to wait until the game releases. Then I'm going to play the game. Then the bits of content I am enjoying I will do more of. The bits of content I am not enjoying I will do the bare minimum, if not none of.

We already know that Blizzard are listening, but not buckling just because the masses demand something. BFA was a shitshow, however I am willing to give Blizzard a redemption story in SL if they can deliver.

Regardless of all that, the most retarded part of this entire thread is: By boycotting the maw I don't even know if I enjoy the content I am protesting.
    Last edited by MatPandaZ; 2020-09-24 at 12:53 PM.

So... you are going to buy the expansion. Pay your sub and then you are not going play one of the main pieces of content. Am I getting this correctly? Because, damn, Blizzard is probably shaking in their boots.

Please, if the game makes you so unhappy that you feel you need to start riots over it, then friggin leave! Blizzard does not need you and your "give me everything for free attitude", the game does not need it and the community does not need it either.

If you are incapable of accepting that the game is not build around you and your demands, then everyone will be happier if you play something else and haunt another games forum with your irrational demands.