Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Blizzard on Loot from Raids, Mythic+ and PvP in Shadowlands, Bonus Rolls Removed

Blizzard on Loot from Raids, Mythic+ and PvP in Shadowlands, Bonus Rolls Removed
    Blizzard has commented on loot acquisition from Raids, Mythic+ and PvP in Shadowlands. Besides the loot quantities being reduced, Bonus Rolls for a chance at extra loot will not be available in Shadowlands.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    I’d like to take a step back on this subject and look at the big picture.

As has been observed in the Beta, loot quantities overall are reduced in Shadowlands. Following the proclamation “let loot be loot”, we’re entering into a world without Warforging and Titanforging, where getting an item from relevant content should feel rewarding on its own more often, without needing to hope for random upgrades.

Bonus rolls no longer exist, and the Great Vault captures the value they used to provide to raiders. Non-raiders should also factor in the Great Vault, as completing a Mythic Keystone +15 will award a choice of up to three item-level 226 pieces from the Great Vault.

Currently in the Shadowlands Beta / first tier of the expansion, PvP loot for top ratings caps out at item level 226.

While outdoor world gameplay and professions offer a range of epic gear, the very strongest loot in WoW comes from the three organized multiplayer endgame progression paths: Rated PvP, Mythic Keystone dungeons, and raiding. The design intent is for all three paths to provide parallel progression over the course of a tier, while providing players who engage in multiple paths at a comparable level a faster advancement experience. For example, we’re currently targeting item level 213 for Challenger-level PvP, Heroic raiding, or Mythic Keystone dungeons at the +7 difficulty.

Of course, there could be further adjustments to all of this in the weeks to come before Shadowlands launches.

Well this feels like a kick in the teeth. Here I was hoping they would give back the extra roll you got from Timewalking weekly quest.

so i need to play on 2,4k+ to get the same gear as noobrain PvElers get in a m+15... cool. Seems fair

Not

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly perfectly okay with this. It looks like they are taking a slower, more deliberate path to gearing going into this expansion which I am more than happy with. Makes the loot you receive more meaningful and the average person won't be decked out in 226 1 third into the tier with nothing to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright everyone, who's ready for another ride on the carousel of WoW players contradicting themselves?

With no RNG on loot (like TF, corruptions or what have you) you have to have this holy graail of item that never drops for you to keep on playing. No bonus loot = even harder to get the trinket you deam of = people paying subs. Scales have to be balanced.

Don't mind this change. No more forgetting bonus rolls before entering the raid :P

Let loot be loot.

Only took me like 10 Skitra kills with 9 bonus rolls before I finally got the mythic bow. Gonna miss the rolls.

7+ Year Old Account
    As long as loot is a lot more meaningful, I'm totally okay with this!

Good change. Bonus rolls were a disapointment more often than not.

This is a very good direction indeed. For almost 10 years now we have been getting more and more loot so that we are currently loot saturated to the point where you don't care about items anymore. Who can name 2 items they are wearing except the neck and the cloak now? It has removed the excitement from getting rewards in the game too long.

Even doing heroic raiding at a normal pace you end up having all the gear you could want when you reach the last bosses. (Was mostly an issue in Uldir and BoD)

Scarcity in loot (and hopefully gold soon) will make getting items feel more rewarding and since you now can actually have a BIS list (because removal of warforge and titanforging) collecting items over a patch will feel satisfactory again.

Usually less items translates into more valuable items.
    Last edited by Tesshin20; 2020-09-22 at 08:17 PM.

Rarer loot is a welcome change!

I've missed this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumy View Post
    Blizzard has commented on loot acquisition from Raids, Mythic+ and PvP in Shadowlands. Besides the loot quantities being reduced, Bonus Rolls for a chance at extra loot will not be available in Shadowlands.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    I’d like to take a step back on this subject and look at the big picture.

As has been observed in the Beta, loot quantities overall are reduced in Shadowlands. Following the proclamation “let loot be loot”, we’re entering into a world without Warforging and Titanforging, where getting an item from relevant content should feel rewarding on its own more often, without needing to hope for random upgrades.

Bonus rolls no longer exist, and the Great Vault captures the value they used to provide to raiders. Non-raiders should also factor in the Great Vault, as completing a Mythic Keystone +15 will award a choice of up to three item-level 226 pieces from the Great Vault.

Currently in the Shadowlands Beta / first tier of the expansion, PvP loot for top ratings caps out at item level 226.

While outdoor world gameplay and professions offer a range of epic gear, the very strongest loot in WoW comes from the three organized multiplayer endgame progression paths: Rated PvP, Mythic Keystone dungeons, and raiding. The design intent is for all three paths to provide parallel progression over the course of a tier, while providing players who engage in multiple paths at a comparable level a faster advancement experience. For example, we’re currently targeting item level 213 for Challenger-level PvP, Heroic raiding, or Mythic Keystone dungeons at the +7 difficulty.

Of course, there could be further adjustments to all of this in the weeks to come before Shadowlands launches.
    Might as well not even have gear drop from content if the only meaningful rewards are from these weekly caches.

Absolutely expect this to be reverted in time and loot to be made more plentiful after tonnes of negative feedback.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account

Horde yes but no

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    so i need to play on 2,4k+ to get the same gear as noobrain PvElers get in a m+15... cool. Seems fair

Not
    Getting a +15 in season 1 is going to be very challenging. don't let late expansion key bloat trick you into thinking that +15s are normal. Iirc, in BFA season 1, something like less than 5% of players achieved Keystone Master. If you really are 2,4k rated then you don't have to worry about the majority of the population getting the same ilvl.

No problem with this. Got sick of using my loot roll, just to get a piece of gear I already had, or worse, getting an exact piece of gear the boss just dropped for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Only took me like 10 Skitra kills with 9 bonus rolls before I finally got the mythic bow. Gonna miss the rolls.
    At least Skitra was by far the easiest mythic boss

If you think you had it bad then consider the Rogues. They had to get the weapons from Mythic Ra’den not only once but twice.

But I get your point. It sucks that bonus rolls are gone.

So it's confirmed that pvp gear will cap out with mythic gear (excluding the last 2 bosses of course). This is great news, it seems like the future of pvp and pve gear is heading in the right direction even more.

Also the removal of the bonus role is a welcome change as well.

Actually good changes for once, countered by convenants and conduits. Can't have it all i guess...

This feels/sounds like one of those "good on paper, bad in practice" fusterclucks. Time will tell though.