Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Sorry, do I misunderstand something here? The only possibility to upgrade my conduits is to upgrade them all randomly, despite the fact that I only want to use a handful of them?
    I did not now anything, this is the only way to upgrade them currently, right?
    Wrong. You play higher content, you get higher ranks. Stygia is only a bad-rng counter AND a "I don't need this specific conduit yet.. but maybe for an offspec later" thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    Back then no one cried about dailies or MAUs. These were just part of the progress - you either did them (and went ahead) or you didn't (and was left behind by just a slight margin).
    500 Stygia is like.. nothing. For this price it HAS to upgrade lesser conduits first. If you want a specific conduit with a high rank, you farm it as fast as possible via doing higher content - not with farming this currency. All it is for is to counter very very veeeeeery bad drop RNG and being able to get some better conduits for other specs, without farming these. Y'all overthink it.
    Ofc my alts will not share this progress - why should them? Conduits are gear. They have to farm gear. If they want a specific conduit on a higher rank, they'll have to go farm these on high keys/raids.

Do you REALLY think that you get only low conduits via drops and have to upgrade ALL of them with Stygia? Well, I don't want to disappoint you, but.. That's not how it works, at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Those sockets are a rng counter, that you only use for higher gear anyway. In addition, sockets will not be able to inflate the dmg as much anymore (you can use less than before).
    Conduit ranks can be farmed via higher content. If you only rank up your conduits with Stygia, you are doing it wrong OR have very terrible RNG, which can happen, ofc.
    Then how does it work? Currently all conduits start on level 1 and we only have this way to upgrade them. How do you think it will work? Do you have a source for me?

For Super Squirt Day (EU), if you have tdBattlePetScript/tdBattlePetScript Rematch, the script for squirt is:
    ability(Sweep:457) [ round=1 ]
    change(next) [ !self(#3).active & !self(#3).played ]
    ability(Wind-Up:459) [ enemy(#3).active ]
    ability(#1)
    ability(#2)
    ability(#3)
    change(#1)

So let me get this straight. The shitty conduit which I don't care about and not upgrade it because of that will be upgraded by item which I have to buy for something I have to farm? Well, out of season April fools joke I guess. I think Blizzard should disallow weed smoking on home office because this is just bullshit.

So we are punished for farming stygia? xD
    Nobody farms resource to upgrade least necessary item...

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    So we are punished for farming stygia? xD
    Nobody farms resource to upgrade least necessary item...
    You aren't. You just dumb unneeded stygia into conduits, that's all.
    It's just a ressource you get while doing your daily stuff anyway.

Then how does it work? Currently all conduits start on level 1 and we only have this way to upgrade them. How do you think it will work? Do you have a source for me?
    When conduits ranks were announced it was said that you get higher ranks for beating higher difficulty content. This here is most likely just an alternative path of getting high rank conduits that is easy to do but takes longer.

The reason why this is the only way to upgrade them right now is because higher rank conduits are simply not yet implemented in the beta. And that is a bit worrisome considering that the game comes out in a month...

this is basically echoes, you get your bulk of stygia from torghast, which will be weekly capped i think, and you can grind more in the maw, but i imagine the maw will be so tedious that of courrse everyone in method and limit is gonna have a 5 man team there grinding it til they max out their jailer eye lol, but i think for 90% of people willl just do torghast weekly can be done and get power upgrades over time as a soft nerf

Sweet, new stuff for morons to cry about.

This is not the only means by which you increase conduit rank. Conduit rank scales with the conduit's item level.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    this is basically echoes, you get your bulk of stygia from torghast, which will be weekly capped i think, and you can grind more in the maw, but i imagine the maw will be so tedious that of courrse everyone in method and limit is gonna have a 5 man team there grinding it til they max out their jailer eye lol, but i think for 90% of people willl just do torghast weekly can be done and get power upgrades over time as a soft nerf
    Method? Are we allowed to use such words on these forums?

But yes, I think you are right. I also regard this to be somewhat similar to echoes in BfA, but I don't like the RNG involved.

The way it works is that Conduit rank depends on the difficulty of the content you do. When you get a conduit it doesnt start at lvl 1 necessarily unless you got it from a heroic dungeon or w.e is the lowest source you can get it from. If you get a conduit from a mythic raid or max lvl pvp or +15 M+ it ll be max rank and you dont need to upgrade it through stygia. This is just added as a stygia dump when you dont know what to do with your stygia kinda like how there are mounts for memento dump. It just helps you collect and level all your conduits if you dont want to do the related activity to upgrade them. For example I know I ll never get 2k+ in arena cause I dont pvp that much. With this, after I have my BiS and sockets, I can dump my stygia in upgrading and getting the conduits that are related to pvp. I l get em slower than a pvper but I ll get em eventually. Its a great system.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephod View Post
    Method? Are we allowed to use such words on these forums?

But yes, I think you are right. I also regard this to be somewhat similar to echoes in BfA, but I don't like the RNG involved.
    Oh well i mean whatever their new guild is

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    When conduits ranks were announced it was said that you get higher ranks for beating higher difficulty content. This here is most likely just an alternative path of getting high rank conduits that is easy to do but takes longer.

The reason why this is the only way to upgrade them right now is because higher rank conduits are simply not yet implemented in the beta. And that is a bit worrisome considering that the game comes out in a month...
    Not at all. They don’t really need an extensive amount of testing, if any, so they can be added last thing - the only thing that would make them get changes is player feedback, which is something that can be done when the game is live anyway. It’s called priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Not at all. They don’t really need an extensive amount of testing, if any, so they can be added last thing - the only thing that would make them get changes is player feedback, which is something that can be done when the game is live anyway. It’s called priorities.
    The beta should be feature complete for quite some time now. The fact that it isn’t is not worrisome?

The assured socket to items + random leveling to conduits over time (+ whatever other method) is a welcome addition. I do hope they add something similar to gear and upgrading its ilvl like we used to have in past expansions. But the assured socket gains is a major plus.

That's what they said about azerite armor as well...

The beta should be feature complete for quite some time now. The fact that it isn’t is not worrisome?
    Never has been. There’s always been little things that have been added last minute that have been fine.

That's what they said about azerite armor as well...
    That was more of a core feature, this isn’t.

Never has been. There’s always been little things that have been added last minute that have been fine.

That was more of a core feature, this isn’t.
    Conduits are not a core feature of Shadowlands. I love mmo-c. People here say stupid stuff every day...

The beta is feature complete. Features in regard to that development step refer to systems and mechanics. The programmers have long started working on 9.1 and 10.0, only content devs work on 9.0 outside of bugfixing. This just uses existing systems, so it isn't technically a feature.

A feature was implementing the tech behind the soulbinds and conduits. Actually putting them into the drop tables is not.
    Last edited by huth; 2020-09-24 at 12:44 PM.