Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    Conduits are not a core feature of Shadowlands. I love mmo-c. People here say stupid stuff every day...
    There's a part of the system, but they're not "more" (more being the keyword I used) than Azerite armor was.

Azerite armor was a feature from 110-120 for a start, as where conduits are only accessible and useable at Level 60 (max level). Conduits apply additional ways of customizing your gear, compared to Azerite armor, which *was* your gear. Conduits are within part of a core feature of Shadowlands, but they're not as much of a core feature like Azerite armor was. All that needs adding is basically the items, which I'm sure internally are there (as beta builds are always a few builds behind what they have internally). The items are basically just additional stats anyway, which can be easily changed and tuned. It's nothing major
    Last edited by THEORACLE64; 2020-09-24 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    There's a part of the system, but they're not "more" (more being the keyword I used) than Azerite armor was.

Azerite armor was a feature from 110-120 for a start, as where conduits are only accessible and useable at Level 60 (max level). Conduits apply additional ways of customizing your gear, compared to Azerite armor, which *was* your gear. Conduits are within part of a core feature of Shadowlands, but they're not as much of a core feature like Azerite armor was. All that needs adding is basically the items, which I'm sure internally are there (as beta builds are always a few builds behind what they have internally). The items are basically just additional stats anyway, which can be easily changed and tuned. It's nothing major
    I mean azerite armor and essences were to much pointless grinding...

I have to ask. While I am sure there is a sub section of players who wish to draw out lengthy grinds rather then simply advancing to harder and harder content is it truly wise to cater to them?

This feels like a system designed to make the worse players feel like they accomplished something over newer players and acts as time gating mechanic for those wanting to experience the harder content the game has to offer.

I don't see who wins by making a dull dead zone a grinding requirement.

Why does every (or most pieces) piece of gear need sockets or any kind of talent trees upgrades...

This turns the game into a daily grind again.

Shadowland felt so good till the last couple of posts.

Don't get me wrong, i love this game or at least 80% of it, just hate the feeling(it might even not be a fact or true, but it feels this way) of "having to play" it daily and get any kind of ressources to stay competative gearwise/bonuswise.

10+ Year Old Account
    @FelPlague So remember that time I said that Stygia is a critical currency and that they were going to stick something in the Maw that people were going to want and have to do the Maw grind to get?

That is an unfortunate holiday name lmao

Nothing is more efficient than leveling pets when the trainer and event are both up. Great guide, it really is that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Never has been. There’s always been little things that have been added last minute that have been fine.

That was more of a core feature, this isn’t.
    I mean... It kinda is. For some speccs its rotation changing and makes the difference between "this spec plays like garbage" and "this is actually enjoyable".

System over system, different ranks of systems, and grinding to level up system for the system to be effective.

Something very similar, isn't it? The hope for SL is gradually losing before it even starts.

When the system makes people confused and can't understand, it is too complicated. Rip World of systems.
    Last edited by ashblond; 2020-09-24 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartass View Post
    Don't get me wrong, i love this game or at least 80% of it, just hate the feeling(it might even not be a fact or true, but it feels this way) of "having to play" it daily and get any kind of ressources to stay competative gearwise/bonuswise.

The problem with this game nowadays is that people who log in once per week to raid and do 1 mythic+, expect to be on the same level as people who play hours every day.

You can't expect to be equal to no-lifers in player power. This is the foundation of MMORPG's. The more you play, the more powerful you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartass View Post
    Why does every (or most pieces) piece of gear need sockets or any kind of talent trees upgrades...

This turns the game into a daily grind again.

Shadowland felt so good till the last couple of posts.

This is also a Bad luck protection type mechanic. I believe gear still drops with sockets. This is if you keep getting unlucky you can just add the socket. Same with ilvl and conduits.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I mean... It kinda is. For some speccs its rotation changing and makes the difference between "this spec plays like garbage" and "this is actually enjoyable".
    I mean, kinda read the last thing I posted.

Once again though, *more* being the keyword. I didn't say it's not a core feature, I said it's not *more* of a core feature than Azerite was.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    The way it works is that Conduit rank depends on the difficulty of the content you do. When you get a conduit it doesnt start at lvl 1 necessarily unless you got it from a heroic dungeon or w.e is the lowest source you can get it from. If you get a conduit from a mythic raid or max lvl pvp or +15 M+ it ll be max rank and you dont need to upgrade it through stygia. This is just added as a stygia dump when you dont know what to do with your stygia kinda like how there are mounts for memento dump. It just helps you collect and level all your conduits if you dont want to do the related activity to upgrade them. For example I know I ll never get 2k+ in arena cause I dont pvp that much. With this, after I have my BiS and sockets, I can dump my stygia in upgrading and getting the conduits that are related to pvp. I l get em slower than a pvper but I ll get em eventually. Its a great system.
    not just that they are also tied to renown level you cant just farm a lvl 15 conduit in the first week
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Sweet, new stuff for morons to cry about.
    The new stuff makes me cheer!

Quote Originally Posted by rhrrngt View Post
    This is also a Bad luck protection type mechanic. I believe gear still drops with sockets. This is if you keep getting unlucky you can just add the socket. Same with ilvl and conduits.
    I honestly don't mind predictable, ungated, grinds. That's what MMORPG's are about.
    Bad Luck Protection is also good.
    I'm absolutely not opposed to "it can take a month to fully gear if you're in a raid or it can take 5 months if you're just doing some grindy thing".
    This is the core of the genre.
    It's when "if you don't raid, right now, you'll never reasonably catch up without any carrying" that the game gets dangerously bad.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    @FelPlague So remember that time I said that Stygia is a critical currency and that they were going to stick something in the Maw that people were going to want and have to do the Maw grind to get?
    yeah i knew they would add something to the maw to make it actually useful, and well now they have!
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    The problem with this game nowadays is that people who log in once per week to raid and do 1 mythic+, expect to be on the same level as people who play hours every day.

You can't expect to be equal to no-lifers in player power. This is the foundation of MMORPG's. The more you play, the more powerful you are.

I don't expect the same ilvl/gs whatsoever, just beeing able to lets say play 3-4-times a week, whenever i feel to and maybe even for the higher content without feeling "forced" to log in daily for some ressources farm or doing stuff first, that i dont enjoy at all.
    If we can get the ressource from farming the content we play like pvp/m+, i am absolutely fine with it (even if its a little less of it) , but not being forced into some grind of content like Maw or anything comparable, where the first hour of your gaming time feels more like a necessary duty and less like having fun with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post

I would argue the problem is that someone isn't equal in power for logging in once a week. This was never the foundation of wow. With the exception of classic pvp there was never a point blindly grinding rewarded you more power then simply doing harder content.

This corruption and sickness in the game really started in legion and simply got worse from there.

Skills should pay the bills not hours logged.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    Random upgrading conduits? What the hell are they thinking? How long am I going to wait till I can upgrade *the* conduit of my choice? Considering there will be shitload of them... I hope they change their minds about this, cause this is madness.
    Because if you could target a specific conduit to upgrade, people would no-life in The Maw until they've upgraded the conduits the min-maxing spreadsheet tells them to max out and then either quit due to burn out or complain that there is "nothing to do".

As another poster already said, this is meant as kind of consolation prize to fill out your conduit book if for example a conduit you need only drops from activities you aren't already doing a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    The beta should be feature complete for quite some time now. The fact that it isn’t is not worrisome?
    The public beta is always significantly behind where their internal testing is. The main worries are bugs(Which the internal testing will get like 99% of), and balancing, which is an ongoing process.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    not just that they are also tied to renown level you cant just farm a lvl 15 conduit in the first week
    Are they? Is the system finally implemented or is there a blue post that mentions how it is suppoed to work? Because I was under the impression that this here was the first official mention of conduit ranks in the last 2 months.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.