Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    You really think he left because he didn't want black people in the game? Because that's what your post makes it out to be lmao.

Pretty sure he lowkey confirms why he left in the description of his new studio.

I dont get how you arrive at such conclusions. Sacked, guys like that? They probably wouldnt be fired even if they publicly said that Activision ruined Blizzard. I'd guess that they worked through their contract and decided that they wanted to do something else. The fact that they would have better control over creative and financial decisions in their new workplace is probably a big factor in there.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Haha lol they actually colored some of the NPCs in WoW, hilarious.
    Though wow always had a very severe lack of dark skinned humans despite that being a skin color available to both players and blizzard made npcs.

Companies will always follow whatever is loud because that is what their PR and marketing tells them to.
    None of them give a damn about any such cause, they just want free marketing and attention.

Activision/vivendi has already destroyed blizzard long ago, all for the sake of profit.

Personally i am against taking race/sex/gender/culture into any kind of consideration for any kind of employment, enrollment, legal procedures or anything else relating to law or business or social care or education.
    Giving preferences to some people over others because of their race/sex/gender/culture is always wrong and hateful, regardless of in whose favor it is.

On another note though, I just went over to Madeleine's twitter. She seems extremely political. Kinda scary. I hope that doesn't affect her writing too much.

you know this happens in every industry right? A start-up does well, start-up gets bought, the former owner starts to get pushed out and no longer has control, former owner leaves, a bit later starts a new company.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    On another note though, I just went over to Madeleine's twitter. She seems extremely political. Kinda scary. I hope that doesn't affect her writing too much.
    It almost certainly does. Think of the most politically active person you know and whether you can sit down and have a conversation with them about a complicated subject without them lashing out. These days that doesn't seem to happen often.

I can't wait for the day where, hopefully, we go back to companies hiring people who don't strive to make every little thing into a political issue. Particularly when it comes to fantasy settings, it stifles creativity.

I'm not able to grasp the scale of mental gymnastics you have to apply to conclude that the guy, who started several Blizzcons with cringy inclusivity videos and speeches about social justice, was driven out of company by SJWs.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    I'm not able to grasp the scale of mental gymnastics you have to apply to conclude that the guy, who started several Blizzcons with cringy inclusivity videos and speeches about social justice, was driven out of company by SJWs.
    There's a difference between giving lip service to such things for the sake of keeping the peace and getting invested to the point of thinking about it constantly. Just look at how quickly people turned on J.K Rowling who was once praised as a beloved champion of social justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    It almost certainly does. Think of the most politically active person you know and whether you can sit down and have a conversation with them about a complicated subject without them lashing out. These days that doesn't seem to happen often.

I can't wait for the day where, hopefully, we go back to companies hiring people who don't strive to make every little thing into a political issue. Particularly when it comes to fantasy settings, it stifles creativity.
    I think you're gonna be waiting for a long time.

I personally don't like modern politics mixed with fantasy settings. E.g Anduin.

I don't understand the association between Mike leaving Blizzard, and Blizzard employing people that tweet about "toxic masculinity" or changing their NPCs to reflect the added character customizations. This is weird.

I think you're gonna be waiting for a long time.

I personally don't like modern politics mixed with fantasy settings. E.g Anduin.
    Perhaps. Though there's already more and more pushback against things these days, luckily. Normal people just want to get on with their lives without being forced to feel guilty or be outraged by every single issue in the world. Many of which are completely manufactured or in no way relevant to them in the first place.

Agreed. I don't mind some political themes in a fantasy game. It can go well with intrigue if handled correctly. Final Fantasy Tactics is one of my favourite RPG's ever and that didn't shy away from some political issues but at the same time it did so in a way that felt natural and didn't reduce everything to 'good guys' and 'bad guys'.

Yes, I am sure he left because black and gay people started working at his company and he couldn't take that anymore. It is indeed the only logical explanation.

I like Anduin. Inclusivity is fine. The social justice bulldozer, however, is not fine.

It's not OK to hijack a game appreciated by many to advance the ardent political passions of the few.

That being said, that's probably not why Mike left, or if he saw such excesses, it was a minor reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/L2H7uUT.png

Well maybe you now know why Mike Morhaime left this cult and restarted a company. Activision took over this game and IP and is running it into the ground with incompetent people.

It is no longer a surprise Blizzard hires purely on political spectrum instead of competence, it should be no surprise either that the quality of their work has severely dropped.

The Activision is trying to destroy Blizzard to take over.

Goodbye.
    I feel bad for you.

Perhaps. Though there's already more and more pushback against things these days, luckily. Normal people just want to get on with their lives without being forced to feel guilty or be outraged by every single issue in the world. Many of which are completely manufactured or in no way relevant to them in the first place.
    Idk, maybe I'm spending too much time on the internet but it seems to me like it's getting worse. More and more companies (movies/games) seem to be doing this stuff.

Agreed. I don't mind some political themes in a fantasy game. It can go well with intrigue if handled correctly. Final Fantasy Tactics is one of my favourite RPG's ever and that didn't shy away from some political issues but at the same time it did so in a way that felt natural and didn't reduce everything to 'good guys' and 'bad guys'.
    Same. FFXIV seems quite political in some cases too and I have no doubt XVI will be heavily political aswell considering YoshiP likes the Ivalice series so much and that was political from what I know. But the thing is, those fit, because they're just about the game, and are not trying to force a message to the players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe he just wanted the thrill of getting closer to design teams like in "small is beautiful".

Closing this. There's no evidence to support OP's claims in the thread and creating yet another thread to complain about "SJW"s is pretty pointless.