Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Not a bug but I asked for weapon enchants' visisbility to be optional, like headpiece and cloak visibility, because I don't like ruining the looks for power. It only took them close to 15 years to make this possible.

Yeah, BDKs Dancing Rune Weapon sometimes dont work on the first hits and i reported it back in Uldir... i wonder if it still bugged in SL.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    It's actually the same for every race (except allied races): you can either start on exile's reach OR in the old starting zone
    I just went through that starting zone on the PTR and joined the alliance and have submitted a bug report both on the PTR and the bug report forums

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Not a bug but I asked for weapon enchants' visisbility to be optional, like headpiece and cloak visibility, because I don't like ruining the looks for power. It only took them close to 15 years to make this possible.
    you know weapon enchant transmogs have been in the game for like... almost 6 years now right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Even if it's already fixed it can be in a build that hasn't been released yet.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

There are bugs i've been reporting every now and then for 5+ years and are still in the game. I wouldn't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    They won't. There are soo many bugs that require unconventional measures (reloading does not help) that are in the game for years. If a bug is no in the current expansion, it won't get fixed.
    Umm, sure, point me to one of those many bugs on live, that stop you from progressing any quest. I'll wait.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Umm, sure, point me to one of those many bugs on live, that stop you from progressing any quest. I'll wait.
    Jadeforest. The intro Quest where you gather 7 kegs of ale and deliver them to the Pandaren with the rampaging mushan. This pandaren is often missing and you have to make a relog to have her appear. Happens on EVERY char I level there, just a few days ago was the last occurance of that bug.

Play the Argus intro questline. At some point you should sail to the Exodar on Vereesa Windrunners ship in Stormwind harbour. As soon as you arrive on her ship and finish the quest to talk to her, she and the entire ship disappear. You have to fly out of sight (in my experience the cathedral is far enough) and fly again to her, then the ship reappears. Happened on a 120 char and a 110 char, 2 months apart from another, this year. Quest is called "Two by the Sea" and the bug (and solution) is described in the comments.

There are lots of phasing issues in SW harbor. Try getting the darkspear emmisary quest from cata on any high level char.

These are just two examples of bugs I've encountered leveling on live. There are a lot more, but especially the ship one is the most memorable one, since relogging does not help in that case.

On PTR there were (1 month ago) even more bugs in old quests. From half sunken ships with quest givers stuck inside walls (Legion intro scenario quest) to ice bridges going nowhere (the scenario itself) to not properly scaled mobs one-shotting you (WL Affli artifact quest lines). I doubt that those have all been fixed by now.

Oh, just a bonus one from the live server: In Outland, blade's edge mountains, there's a level 110 mob right at the point where you get thrown to in one of the quests. Does not kill you right away, but is pretty annoying. Not gamebreaking, but something I noticed a few days ago, which is why I can remember it now.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2020-09-25 at 10:14 AM.

Jadeforest. The intro Quest where you gather 7 kegs of ale and deliver them to the Pandaren with the rampaging mushan. This pandaren is often missing and you have to make a relog to have her appear. Happens on EVERY char I level there, just a few days ago was the last occurance of that bug.

Play the Argus intro questline. At some point you should sail to the Exodar on Vereesa Windrunners ship in Stormwind harbour. As soon as you arrive on her ship and finish the quest to talk to her, she and the entire ship disappear. You have to fly out of sight (in my experience the cathedral is far enough) and fly again to her, then the ship reappears. Happened on a 120 char and a 110 char, 2 months apart from another, this year. Quest is called "Two by the Sea" and the bug (and solution) is described in the comments.

There are lots of phasing issues in SW harbor. Try getting the darkspear emmisary quest from cata on any high level char.

These are just two examples of bugs I've encountered leveling on live. There are a lot more, but especially the ship one is the most memorable one, since relogging does not help in that case.

On PTR there were (1 month ago) even more bugs in old quests. From half sunken ships with quest givers stuck inside walls (Legion intro scenario quest) to ice bridges going nowhere (the scenario itself) to not properly scaled mobs (WL Affli artifact quest lines). I doubt that those have all been fixed by now.

Oh, just a bonus one: In Outland, blade's edge mountains, there's a level 110 mob right at the point where you get thrown to in one of the quests. Does not kill you right away, but is pretty annoying. Not gamebreaking, but something I noticed a few days ago, which is why I can remember it now.
    None of these actually stop you from finishing a quest as there are work arounds you described yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    well...I can't finish base questline on beta because of key quest in Ardenweald bugged. And you cant move to Revendreth. Reported few times but looks like it would be bugged on release lol. Thats a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    You’ve been asking for weapon enchant transmog since vanilla? You sir are a visionary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have you considered that it might already have been fixed? But they won´t pull a patch fix for it, no matter how small, just to please people on PTR, unless other things come along. So it might stay that way til release.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    None of these actually stop you from finishing a quest as there are work arounds you described yourself.
    Yeah and I never claimed that any does. To quote myself:
    There are soo many bugs that require unconventional measures (reloading does not help) that are in the game for years.
    I never said any of them stop you from finishing a quest. That was you.
    But such "workarounds" should not be necessary and those are quite obvious bugs. And they have been in the game for years now, are well documented and not fixed.

If you aren't just here to hate, then go on youtube and search for "leveling exploits" where you will find a TON of other, gamebreaking bugs (private armies of NPCs, making groups with just one game client to exploit party sychronization, getting overpowered buffs, etc). Those bugs can be exploited, but since those are only relevant for old content, Blizz does not care. They have better things to do.

So, to reiterate my point: There are tons of bugs in WoW and Blizz has not the time to fix them. They concentrate their work on the current expansion and their features.

edit: @melzas
    I may sound a little too agressive here. After reading all your posts again, I think you and I were talking about different things here. I was making a statement on Blizzards policy regarding old bugs, while you tried to emphazise that Blizz will always make sure, that you at least are able to play the game in some form. You are right.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2020-09-25 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioriel View Post
    Reports go in a big pile
    Then bug reports go in a smaller pile
    Then bugs are “fixed”
    Then an update is applied

A GM doesn’t read your report then go SHIT, IMMA FIX THIS RIGHT NOW. It’s a PTR, it’ll get done. It’s just in a big pile.
    this.
    if you reported it, it got on the list.
    if it didnt get fixed yet, it means it wasnt prioritized high enough to be processed yet.
    reporting it over and over accomplishes nothing.

Yeah and I never claimed that any does. To quote myself:

I never said any of them stop you from finishing a quest. That was you.
    But such "workarounds" should not be necessary and those are quite obvious bugs. And they have been in the game for years now, are well documented and not fixed.

If you aren't just here to hate, then go on youtube and search for "leveling exploits" where you will find a TON of other, gamebreaking bugs (private armies of NPCs, making groups with just one game client to exploit party sychronization, getting overpowered buffs, etc). Those bugs can be exploited, but since those are only relevant for old content, Blizz does not care. They have better things to do.

So, to reiterate my point: There are tons of bugs in WoW and Blizz has not the time to fix them. They concentrate their work on the current expansion and their features.

edit: @melzas
    I may sound a little too agressive here. After reading all your posts again, I think you and I were talking about different things here. I was making a statement on Blizzards policy regarding old bugs, while you tried to emphazise that Blizz will always make sure, that you at least are able to play the game in some form. You are right.
    Yeah pretty much agreed. I am actually irritated by the tone of OP because it implies that Blizzard ignores his reports and dismisses them as less important, and because of that OP acts in such a childish, irrational way.

It should be obvious to any logically thinking adult that Blizzard doesn't have unlimited manpower, and that their staff works around the clock to deliver next expansion on time, so as far as bug fixing goes, they will obviously follow a pirority list that's impacted by two major factos - how important the bug is for playability and how long will it take to fix it.

Immaturity of OP is frustrating because it's basically " I reported a bug so why it's not fixed yet?" kind of post, which implies he doesn't understand or even tries to comprehend how bug fixing process actually looks like (it's isn't always a matter of few seconds of correcting a textline, sometimes something that looks like a trivial bug can take hours of work to fix).

So in essence, it's just one another short sighted "Blizzard sucks" kind of post, and once again, it lacks any substance as well.

They don't need to report to you. You will get it when you get it. Just keep spitting your $15 a month and wait. If you don't want to.. then unsub and move on.

i wonder when theyll get around to fixing right click inviting people from other realms and all the associated "player not found" things.

been around for years and you'd think that one would be fairly high on the list from the get go.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rioriel View Post
    Reports go in a big pile
    Then bug reports go in a smaller pile
    Then bugs are “fixed”
    Then an update is applied

A GM doesn’t read your report then go SHIT, IMMA FIX THIS RIGHT NOW. It’s a PTR, it’ll get done. It’s just in a big pile.
    no they get throw on the high medium or low priority pile. so in reality you can report low priority bugs all day every day, but the high/medium priority piles will just keep having new stuff added to them faster than they get around to the low prio pile. and then ofc theres the "this takes a lot of effort to fix" and "too much effort to fix" pile too.

and afaik that's done on purpose as a cost saving measure too, so people will be reassigned to new jobs before they would ever get far into the low priority pile. oftentimes the low prio/hard to fix pile is basically left as a "i'm done with my work for the day, but i still have an hour worktime left, let's see if there is anything to do" kinda thing.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2020-09-25 at 04:28 PM.