Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What were the most Overrated video games from your childhood?

I would say final fantasy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask. Also GTA Vice City and San Andreas.

Uh... Pac-Man.

Kingdom Hearts. Black Ops. Any COD. Those are only the mediocre games I can think of. They don't make games like they used to. Not many bad games back then.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Ratchet and clank: deadlocked, it was fun but got pretty repetetive, it was unique since it was the first game you could play the campaign in co-op split screen

Well, overrated to ME, but I never did manage to fall for the Kingdom Hearts games...

In my subjective opinion, Final fantasy. I could never get into any of the games.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dragon's Lair and the other laserdisc games that came out at the same time. Totally fucking lame.

The original Fallout, I had a friend rant and rave how it's the best game ever, I somehow could never get into it.

metal gear V: the phantom pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    The original Fallout, I had a friend rant and rave how it's the best game ever, I somehow could never get into it.
    Yeah, CRPGs are really rough to get into especially after playing a lot of modern rpgs.

My game would be Gran Turismo, love racing games but always found it dry and boring.

Command and conquer

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask. Also GTA Vice City and San Andreas.
    Lolwut? These games changed gaming...

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Uh... Pac-Man.
    Definitely... found it boring back when it came out!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I got sold when I was playing the Demo off PC Format, with the sub-machine gun tearing up a leather jacket wearing goon when you land a crit...

15+ Year Old Account
    Halo.
    I thought it was a good game, but kinda mediocre as an arena shooter, as I was coming off of Tribes and Unreal and Quake where you literally fly through the air. It was slow and I thought the vehicles and some of the items were kinda stupid. It sacrificed speed for vehicle combat? The story was cliche to me also. It seemed like Perfect Dark for the new XBOX generation basically, Battlefield meets Quake?
    Cloaking = Perfect Dark.
    Shields = Perfect Dark.
    Sticky grenades = Unreal Tournament.
    Skill shots = Unreal Tournament/Quake.
    Sniping people from extreme ranges = Tribes.
    Vehicle combat = Tribes/Battlefield.
    Rocket launchers = Quake/Team Fortress.
    Melee weapon = Turok/Team Fortress.
    Little projectiles that home in on everything = Turok/Unreal.

By the time Halo came out, I already had like 300 hours fighting my friends in the multiplayer of the games I mentioned, Halo brought nothing new in that aspect, kinda hard to be enamored over it when it dumbs down all the good components, also hard to compete with Counter-Strike.

golden eye, but I hate all console fps games. Controls are terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Overrated is such a useless term, especially when talking about any form of entertainment. Just because you personally didn't like something many other people did doesn't mean it didn't deserve all that praise. I personally don't like the whole Demon Souls/Dark Souls/Bloodborne thing, but I can still see they are very well made games loads of people love. Same for games like Halo and Call of Duty.

All threads like this do are lead to people getting defensive about other people calling things they love trash.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    All threads like this do are lead to people getting defensive about other people calling things they love trash.
    You're the first person to come across as defensive so far.

But yeah, the post above you contradicts himself. If you hate all flying sims, then it's safe to say you don't dislike the particular game you name just because it was over rated, you're naming it because you hate all flying sims. That's for a different thread then no?

hmmm most overrated video game? As in popular game I personally didn't like? I absolutely hated Mario 64.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask
    You shut your whore mouth