High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account

Pvp sub rogue and legendaries.

Assuming that Akaari's Soul Fragment gets nerfed again to not providing combo points or providing only 1 combo point, would you consider Mark of the Master Assassin as a 2nd option?

100% crit on stealth/Sdance for 5 seconds is really nice. It opens the opportunity into gearing more versa-mastery than versa crit specially with the double dance build.

Also could tone down sub rogues by a bit with crit reduction abilities such as RoS and Sac.

Tbh I would rather see my fav spec outside the S tier because if it's performimg to well it could be nerfed incorrectly by blizz.

EDIT:

Akari's soul fragment nerfed to 15% down from 100/50%, ~22% of effectiveness if it crits vs 150% increased dmg on critical strikes which makes Mark of the master assasin more desirable now right?

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Alexplode; 2020-10-08 at 06:49 AM.

Akaari doesn't give any cp since last beta build. Generally for pvp you don't want crit because crit dmg is nerfed in pvp. The play will be versa/mastery with akaari, because even nerfed, akaari is still the best ST legy.

With current tuning it looks like akaari ST and MA aoe in PvE. For pvp it can be situational but for simple dmg akaari is still the best.
    Dying could endanger your health!

Quote Originally Posted by Luhmina View Post
    Generally for pvp you don't want crit because crit dmg is nerfed in pvp.
    This is a poor argument. Throughput doesn't really matter for Subtlety Rogue PvP.

What matters is forcing CDs and scoring kills during burst windows. Increasing the probability of getting a Crit Eviscerate -- even if the damage isn't as much as it would be in PvE -- is very valuable in terms of getting the most out of your burst windows.

This is not to say that Crit is your best stat, just that the above reasoning is incorrect. Crit is less valuable when there are other means to guarantee crits during burst windows (e.g. Mark of the Master Assassin).
    Last edited by shoegazing; 2020-09-26 at 04:34 PM.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

With that i meant crit as a stat and since SL introduces some stuff for sub to get crit % without going for the stat, the argument is true: crit is not really desireable, but that doesn't mean you should go for 0 crit at all.
    Dying could endanger your health!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexplode View Post
    Assuming that Akaari's Soul Fragment gets nerfed again to not providing combo points or providing only 1 combo point, would you consider Mark of the Master Assassin as a 2nd option?

100% crit on re-stealths and shadow dance is really nice. It opens the opportunity into gearing more versa-mastery than versa crit specially with the double dance build.

Also could tone down sub rogues by a bit with crit reduction abilities such as RoS and Sac.

Tbh I would rather see my fav spec outside the S tier because if it's perfoing to well it could be nerfed incorrectly by blizz.

Thoughts?
    "100% crit on re-stealths and shadow dance"
    it's only on restealth, like legion, right?