Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    when you say " buy other good games on steam" you mean the ones you buy and play less then 20 hours? Then wow is much better

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorimar View Post
    how exactly did flying mounts ruin the game? if you dont want to fly dont hit the spacebar or use a ground mount?
    #1 World is empty.
    #2 As wpvper there is no targets to kill.
    #3 Botting easier.

^ 3 main reasons.

I am glad there is alot WQs and other dailies atleast. Those force people come down and make the world atleast look little bit more alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihazpaws View Post
    Yes, please remove the pay to win token from the game. Fucking thing ruined wow almost as bad as flying mounts did.
    i like being able to play for gold instead of cash so dont remove it

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah...they really really succeeded on that one when they went for Titan.

So..what are all those "amazing and much better games they could have made instead"? I am sure they would happily take advice from all the folks on forums how to totally make those.

In the meantime they continued to make a shit ton of money beyond WotLK - and no other company listening to players feedback on how to make "amazing and much better games" actually did.
    SC2 could have been better, Starcraft Ghost could have been finished. D3 could have been released as something not considered a piece of shit, same goes with WC3:reforged, Overwatch could be less of a rock paper scissor joke and have less SWJ pandering useless bullshit in it and they could have made even more.

WoW is costing them a lot more than they (and you) think.

and no other company listening to players feedback on how to make "amazing and much better games" actually did.
    They're not supposed to listen to our feedback, they're supposed to see this by themselves and do the right move. Plenty of companies do that you just don't realize this because it looks like "just another game". There is a lot more to this.

5+ Year Old Account
    Subs have always been 15 bucks a month. It's been like that since WoW Started, why give other options? I mean you could go the ESO route and do 9.99. And it might make people play more. (Idk if they are still doing that or not)

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    They wouldn’t lose money. The pay per hour option would likely cost more than monthly just like monthly cost more than biannually.

It would be an additional option, not replace. Thats what op is asking for.

In fact, they would make money as a lot more people would like to play the game but just cant get over the fact that they have to spend monthly. Pay per hour would allow people that can only play on weekend, pay only on weekends.
    all the people who play only on weekends (and theres a lot of them) would pay daily/hourly instead of monthly, so unless the price for 8 days (or roughly 64h) would be as much as for month they would loose money in this regard... as for more people coming... i seriously doubt that, as sub is quite cheap, people who dont want to pay monthly sub wouldnt pay daily/hourly either...

and sure, you might think it would lead to higher revenue for them, but they dont think so, and unlike you they are not guessing, im certain they put some resources into checking if they couldnt make more profit via different sub methods...

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    #1 World is empty.
    Not true. The world is just as full as it ever was without flying. People don't spend most of the time flying in the air, they spend most of their time at points of interest. If anything, having flying concentrates people more on those spots instead of having people spending a big chunk of time riding their ground mounts between points.

Furthermore, the amount of people out in the world was steadily decreasing before they introduced flying to the expansion. There is only so long that people will care to waste inordinate amounts of time running around on the ground to get to the things they want to do before they become bored of it. Flying was a shot in the arm that massively re-energised the amount of activity going on the world.

Again, totally not true. People still need to come down to the ground to do stuff. Also, being able to fly helps you to find enemy players. Lastly, when people do indeed using their flying mounts to successfully evade WPvP, that's not a problem with a flying, it's a problem with people not wanting to engage in WPvP.

#3 Botting easier.
    It's not like botting has ever been hard. If anything flying helps players because it makes farming for stuff easier for us, thus removing the incentive to pay a botter for the stuff.

And as with above, don't blame flying for botting. It's disingenuous.

I am glad there is alot WQs and other dailies atleast. Those force people come down and make the world atleast look little bit more alive.
    Irrelevant. If there weren't these WQs and dailies, you'd have an empty world with or without flying.

not affording 15/month should be an indication, that something is not right and wow should not be a priority, if you don't want to waste money on a game - WoW token is best alternative for people who want to save and still play. It takes your time tho.
    Depending on the salary - people choose to either waste time in game to get 15£ or time in life, which ever costs them less

Not sure why OP got infractions for trolling, but isnt his idea about the same system they have in asia?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Then I suggest you either earn a relative flow of gold or don't play the game. 20 dollars is already quite cheap.
    Not that I sgree with op suggestion, but we all know wow prices are rediculous for what you get. I can name other mmos that dont have that fee and you get the same stuff or even more.

I also stumple on the same thing tho, busy with my life and I only play like 2 or 3 days a week cus life. I still pay for more. Cant change that.. suck it up.

Quote Originally Posted by dojichan View Post
    A few things:
    Isn't a wow subscription 15$ ? I only buy them in gold atm so I don't watch but I feel like 20$ is higher then it is,

Honestly this would be to their advantage; It is true that buying one day at a time(2$) would be expensive because of credit card fees... There is another approach. Allow players to buy 8 days of playing(so they can log on 8 times over one month) for 10 dollars(or so)...

You save money if you are rarely playing...They make money off someone who wouldn't normally pay. Win win and not hard to program.
    Buying 1 day of game time is a joke though. It leads to people just "logging in on sunday, doing all their weekly stuff and log out".

If you want to log in on wednesday, you dont because you dont want to spend 2$ for looking into your vault. It's keeping people actively away from playing the game.

I dont want an active shit like "gametime is free, but pay 4$ to get into that raid, pay 1$ for 10 arena matches, pay 3$ for access to dailies this week".

If you want to pay no money, then go play some F2P games. They offer you fun mechanics like "doing this takes 72 hours, unless you pay 8$, then it is instantly done"...
    Last edited by Aurosh; 2020-09-28 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    It's.......$15/month.

FIFTEEN!!

The price has not changed in a VERY long time and as far as "bang for the buck" this is by FAR.....a DISTANT DISTANT far...... that the cost vs time-spent is the cheapest.

I fish: Bait and gas usually about $5 for 2-3hrs every weekend. Monthly cost: $20 for 9 hrs
    I build models usually one/month: $30 for the model and after adjustments about $2 for paint and supplies. Monthly cost $32 for about 6 hrs time.
    I also collect movies: Spend ON AVERAGE $40 a month...average movie length 2 hours. Monthly cost: $40 for 14 hours (roughly)
    Playing Wow: $14.95 for UNLIMITED play (I do not factor in cost of Internet cause I would have the Net regardless). Monthly cost $14.95 for 56 hours

Fish: $2.22/hr
    Models: $5/hr
    Movies: $2.85/hr
    Wow: $.26/hr

Now lets say you choose one of my hobbies to do for 8 hrs/day...7 days a week:
    Fish: $497
    Models:$1120
    Movies: $638
    WoW: $14.94
    Those are nice hobies!

Tho im thinking that OP is frustrated because he needs to pay $15/20CAD for something that hes not using that much at all.
    I believe that he was thinking about "timed service", aka you buy, lets say, 3days worth of subs, but you can use that time whenever you want and its getting reduced for the time you are logged in.
    Something like net caffees if im not mistaken.
    Thats my asumption, Im might be mistaken since OP, except title, hasnt explained anything and whole post looks like a lot of venting.

Quote Originally Posted by dojichan View Post
    A few things:
    Isn't a wow subscription 15$ ? I only buy them in gold atm so I don't watch but I feel like 20$ is higher then it is,

Honestly this would be to their advantage; It is true that buying one day at a time(2$) would be expensive because of credit card fees... There is another approach. Allow players to buy 8 days of playing(so they can log on 8 times over one month) for 10 dollars(or so)...

You save money if you are rarely playing...They make money off someone who wouldn't normally pay. Win win and not hard to program.
    Its $15/15e/20CAD - its just due to conversion rate. Lands on pretty much the same value if you convert it to USD. However its actually $20 in value if you are using wow token.
    $2 for a day sounds like a nice idea, but dont forget ripple effect. We are in ENDGAME! for few months now, people usually log to try to get those achivements or simply because they have nothing better to do. I log just to afk around and voice a bit via Discord, hear people, talk about SL, log out and move on.
    With $2 option, while its tempting, longterm it would probably kill off population of wow completely. There would be far less people online and those who log would have a hard time finding groups for content so they would start logging less and that would chain ripple, and probably kill off population of wow.
    People would return when new patch lands, but every time we go in maintenance mode between patches population would lessen.
    This would also put a pressure on Blizzard (to be honest Activision would) to keep those patches going so people would not lose interest and keep revenue up. A lot of people might not even return.
    And once you introduce payment option like that theres no going back.
    So even if it looks like it would be profit, it would actually be downfall.

If revenues go down then blizzard would have to find another way to boost them up -
    >_> *looks at Bethesda Atomic Shop in Fo76*

So i think that monthly sub is a nice way to keep game "clean" and dodge the microtransaction bullet, which is obviously getting way more popular and abusive lately.
    Last edited by Gurg; 2020-09-28 at 10:32 AM.

#1 World is empty.
    #3 Botting easier.

^ 3 main reasons.

are you sure youre not on some low pop server?

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    For that matter, it is the same with every single subscription ever. TV, phone, internet... you name it.

You CAN use that apx 300 to buy other games.

I think the real question is if you would rather do that. Why are you screaming at us?

But there is an alternative, I haven't paid for WoW or the expansions with money in years. You literally just need to farm gold, and considering gold is literally thrown at you from basically every activity that really isn't very hard. At the start of BFA I made 3mil gold in a week, considering the breaks I took along the way that one week paid for my game time for literally the entire expansion. Not counting all the rest I made throughout the rest of the expansion to buy the AH mount and everything else.

If you're too broke to afford $15/month there's an insanely easy alternative in game. Complaining about that is absolutely insane to me. Even if you were absolutely terrible at making gold you could very easily make 150k (current price of WoW token) in around 7 hours, spread over 30 days that's less than 20 minutes of gold farming a day to pay for your month of WoW. Really I have no idea what else you want from Blizzard.

I like how the very first thing OP wrote is "this thread is not asking for monthly fees to be removed." and around half of the replies are "Removing monthly fees would be stupid!" "Removing them would bring in morons!" or "just farm gold instead!"

A pay as you go model would be awesome. Load 20e to blizzard wallet, have it go down as you play and it would reload automatically as subs do. Can play only few days a week or month and pay for that amount. Having to buy a whole month at a time is really annoying at times.

If you don't have 15$ a month to pay for a hobby, no matter what it is, it will be wise to spend less time on video game forums and more on career development.

The way this works is they add more value to the current fee, a largely successful publicly traded company doesn't create an opportunity to have less revenue, they take very little risk to try and guarantee increased revenue every quarter where possible. However by adding more things and benefits to the already existing fee creates more value for the same thing you have always been paying.

My big suggestion for them was adding all their blizzard titles to the sub fee, make it a Battle.net sub fee and gain access to all their games you normally would have to buy.
    Last edited by Unholyground; 2020-09-28 at 01:59 PM.

I'm sure it's been said in this thread already, but I just wanted to point out that I know several people who have played the game without paying subscription for YEARS buying tokens with gold in-game.