Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Why haven't the Legion threads on this forum been unstickied?

    Seems really weird that we have multiple threads 2 expansions and 4 years out of date.

    There doesn't need to be a new guide done to replace them, nothing stickied is better than outdated irrelevant information being presented to a potentially new audience.

  2. #2
    The forums on this site are almost completely dead. Class forums may get a handful of posts per day. The WoW general discussion forum might get 25-50 posts per day. There might be more mods than posters pretty soon lol. If MMOC ranked posters by number of posts per day, grouped those posters into groups of 3 and assigned 1 mod to curate the posts of just those 3 people, they might curate the bulk of posts on this site. They've got like 20-30 mods on MMOC. You could curate the top 60-90 posters, leave 3-4 mods to do general work on the rest.

    They had 3 mods on the general discussion forums curating 25-50 posts per day. Looks like 1 quit or something.

    MMOC is entering its end-of-life phase, as pretty soon the busiest forum will be the off-topic forum. That how all internet forums die.
    Last edited by Die; 2020-09-25 at 09:28 PM.

  3. #3
    If you go to mmo-champ for guides than you might as well read an outdated one, because you are already on your way to fail anyway. Anyone who wants to read an actual guide will go to things like Wowhead, Icyveins or class discords. Yes, they might not be perfect and there could be better sources, but they are the most popular ones, written by people who know what they are talking about.

    MMO... please. You might as well go to reddit.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    If you go to mmo-champ for guides than you might as well read an outdated one, because you are already on your way to fail anyway. Anyone who wants to read an actual guide will go to things like Wowhead, Icyveins or class discords. Yes, they might not be perfect and there could be better sources, but they are the most popular ones, written by people who know what they are talking about.

    MMO... please. You might as well go to reddit.
    Wasn't that long ago that everybody would have told you to stay the hell away from Icyveins.

  5. #5
    I am Murloc! Sting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Your ignore list
    Posts
    5,064
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Wasn't that long ago that everybody would have told you to stay the hell away from Icyveins.
    You still should stay away from WoWhead or Icyveins for the most part, they're only a good place to start if you have fuck all knowledge about your class. The best in-depth info is usually found on the class discords.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

  6. #6
    Elemental Lord Lahis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    8,037
    The year is 2020.

    Forums as a platform died in 2009 when Social Media sprang up.

  7. #7
    The answer is I don’t know why. It’s shocking and not a good look.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    The year is 2020.

    Forums as a platform died in 2009 when Social Media sprang up.
    Hardly. Forums are still popular, they just serve different purposes. Besides, they are social media, so the claim doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

    For that matter, i wouldn't recommend Discord for guides, it simply isn't the right medium for that. Guidance, sure, but not guides.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Hardly. Forums are still popular, they just serve different purposes. Besides, they are social media, so the claim doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

    For that matter, i wouldn't recommend Discord for guides, it simply isn't the right medium for that. Guidance, sure, but not guides.
    I don't know why people say that Wowhead has bad guides. If there are better guides anywhere, please share the info. Icy Veins had bad guides a few years ago when I mostly stopped using the site, but I think they've improved some since then.

    The Discord class channels are really good, but like you say, they don't provide anywhere near enough condensed info to qualify as a guide.

  10. #10

  11. #11
    Silly you,you don't come to MMO-C to actually talk about the game,you come to MMO-C to whine about how Blizzard is the literal embodiment of the antichrist,or to shitpost in the politics forums

    Or both,for some people

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunzi View Post
    I don't know why people say that Wowhead has bad guides. If there are better guides anywhere, please share the info. Icy Veins had bad guides a few years ago when I mostly stopped using the site, but I think they've improved some since then.

    The Discord class channels are really good, but like you say, they don't provide anywhere near enough condensed info to qualify as a guide.
    Icy Veins improved quite a bit, although it's still dependent on the specific specs author. No idea what Sting has about WoWhead, they are good for entry level, and high level isn't really a place for guides anyway. If you can't do the research yourself, you don't belong there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    Because this game and all dependent sites are dying without relevance.
    For 16 years and counting.

  13. #13
    Still, wouldn't it take a mod less than 5 minutes to un-sticky the stuff from legion?

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    You still should stay away from WoWhead or Icyveins for the most part, they're only a good place to start if you have fuck all knowledge about your class. The best in-depth info is usually found on the class discords.
    The class discord’s I am a part of all point you to icy veins and wowhead for guides to this very day. Hell, the guy that runs the warrior one writes the wowhead guide ffs... why do people parrot misinfo?

  15. #15
    Yeah, it depends on class. All in all, icy veins is a decent place for general info on any class, and in some cases it's actually up to date with all of the top tier stuff. Wowhead - no idea, their guides are too wordy for me, so I never used them.

    The place you do want to avoid is noxxic. At best, you will get partially true info from there.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlikemyrage View Post
    The class discord’s I am a part of all point you to icy veins and wowhead for guides to this very day. Hell, the guy that runs the warrior one writes the wowhead guide ffs... why do people parrot misinfo?
    Plus the discords are complete cesspools of maladapted 20 year old nerds meme'ing and engaging in pissing contests or arguing for argument's sake. Ask a question, it either gets flooded in the sea of memes or concurrent convos or you get 3-4 replies, often all of them differing.

    I only check the pins on discord and close out that garbage afterwards.

    There's absolutely no conversation of any value to be had in any of them, and they are very poorly moderated.

  17. #17
    Because half the class forums don't even have mods, including druids. Which is probably because the class forums on this site are pretty much dead.

  18. #18
    I think we lost a lot of the class discussions in mmoc and prominent theorycrafters left this site. Discord channels and wowhead have taken over the role of this site. Usually before an expansion this site would be buzzing with hype.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Echeyakee View Post
    Yeah, it depends on class. All in all, icy veins is a decent place for general info on any class, and in some cases it's actually up to date with all of the top tier stuff. Wowhead - no idea, their guides are too wordy for me, so I never used them.

    The place you do want to avoid is noxxic. At best, you will get partially true info from there.
    At this point wowhead guides are more upto date and in depth than icy veins.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    Because half the class forums don't even have mods, including druids. Which is probably because the class forums on this site are pretty much dead.
    And at some point it will move on from where it is now as well. I still remember Elitist Jerks being the goto for current info.

  20. #20
    Discord class channels is both for your specc, offspec, gamerelated and offtopic channels all in one nowadays. Dont need a web based forum. hell look at wowhead, the nr1-3 source of all info for most people(new wise) yet on page one on some forum pages there's last post 2017.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •