Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Discord class channels is both for your specc, offspec, gamerelated and offtopic channels all in one nowadays. Dont need a web based forum. hell look at wowhead, the nr1-3 source of all info for most people(new wise) yet on page one on some forum pages there's last post 2017.
    You still need forums. They serve a different communicative purpose than Discord, which is really only good for ongoing discussions and direct communication.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    You still should stay away from WoWhead or Icyveins for the most part, they're only a good place to start if you have fuck all knowledge about your class. The best in-depth info is usually found on the class discords.
    This is absolute hogwash; most IcyVeins and Wowhead guides are literally written by the same theorycrafters and people who frequent the class Discords. Most of them high-end raiders and theorycrafters.

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    So, much like this forum, then?
    The nature of this forum makes the torrent of shit slower, so less volume than the crap pile of Discord. And thankfully spared all the kiddy memes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    You still should stay away from WoWhead or Icyveins for the most part, they're only a good place to start if you have fuck all knowledge about your class. The best in-depth info is usually found on the class discords.
    Guides for warrior are linked from the class discord straight to icyveins and wowhead. The guides are freelanced and not written by wowhead and icyveins so it's bad advice at this point so say to avoid them.

Quote Originally Posted by Die View Post
    The forums on this site are almost completely dead. Class forums may get a handful of posts per day. The WoW general discussion forum might get 25-50 posts per day. There might be more mods than posters pretty soon lol. If MMOC ranked posters by number of posts per day, grouped those posters into groups of 3 and assigned 1 mod to curate the posts of just those 3 people, they might curate the bulk of posts on this site. They've got like 20-30 mods on MMOC. You could curate the top 60-90 posters, leave 3-4 mods to do general work on the rest.

They had 3 mods on the general discussion forums curating 25-50 posts per day. Looks like 1 quit or something.

MMOC is entering its end-of-life phase, as pretty soon the busiest forum will be the off-topic forum. That how all internet forums die.
    It is true that the class forums are dead and this is simply because there are just better tools for this stuff (discord, wowhead, blogs etc) than a forum. However MMOC itself is anything but dead. It is still by far the most popular wow community forum out there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunzi View Post
    I don't know why people say that Wowhead has bad guides. If there are better guides anywhere, please share the info. Icy Veins had bad guides a few years ago when I mostly stopped using the site, but I think they've improved some since then.

The Discord class channels are really good, but like you say, they don't provide anywhere near enough condensed info to qualify as a guide.
    AFAIK the wowhead and icy veins guides are pretty much written by the same people who also run the class discords and sites. That's at least been the case for a few classes anyways.

I posted about this a year and a half ago. They should really remove those links at the very least, and I feel like they should link to the wowhead guides if mmo-c can't get its own guides.
    ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by Hoticehunter View Post
    I posted about this a year and a half ago. They should really remove those links at the very least, and I feel like they should link to the wowhead guides if mmo-c can't get its own guides.
    Buahaha you wish. They would sooner just copy paste the guides as their own, like they do with most of the news on front page.