Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    How old were you 8 years ago?
    What did you do first when the expac released
    Does it feel like 8 years?
    Do you feel old?

I was in grade school still and when i came home i made a horde panda monk i was too lazy to get to lvl 85 and my dk was 83 when mop came out
    I was just about to turn 44 (my birthday is tomorrow).

I jumped in and did the starting quests and went from there. I know I started a monk too but I don’t recall exactly when he started.

For me it feels a lot longer, but that’s because a lot has happened; I got remarried, my son got married, I had another kid (at 50!), and other stuff. In game it’s harder to mark the time.

Do I feel old? Well, older, for sure. Turning 52 and still being passionate about life helps you feel young though. Looking forward to Shadowlands as well, I’m pretty confident it’ll be really good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darkmagick View Post
    Wow... I was 58 but loved the expansion. It had lots of eye candy ... beautiful.
    Wait...I thought I was the only geezer around these parts. *shakes cane*
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

7+ Year Old Account
    I was 17-18, a Senior in high school. I distinctly remember my friend and I on the computer in English class checking out all the info that had been released about MoP at the time, and I remember us being utterly revolted at the concept of WoW: Kung Fu Panda Edition lmao

Math says I was 35.
    I probably didn't play right away because I was most likely working. It honestly seems longer to me than 8 years, because it was only a year later I quit my job.

In terms of feeling older, I haven't really felt older than I was in my 20s, though my body occasionally likes to disagree with that sentiment.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post

I jumped in and did the starting quests and went from there. I know I started a monk too but I don’t recall exactly when he started.

For me it feels a lot longer, but that’s because a lot has happened; I got remarried, my son got married, I had another kid (at 50!), and other stuff. In game it’s harder to mark the time.

Do I feel old? Well, older, for sure. Turning 52 and still being passionate about life helps you feel young though. Looking forward to Shadowlands as well, I’m pretty confident it’ll be really good.

- - - Updated - - -

Old Geezers can be fun... have alot of history behind us ... also works to make the young ones laugh at us (with us).

I initially decided not to play, as Cataclysm didn't hit me the right way. Eventually my friend convinced me to start playing saying he would level with me, but I never saw him until I hit max level and he kept asking over and over if I was high enough ilvl to tank heroic dungeons for him.

3+ Year Old Account
    Uhhh.... either 14/15 when it came out?

MoP was when I first started playing WoW, so I've been playing for 8 years. Holy s**t
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

I was 26.
    I had the Annual pass. Downloaded the game, played on release.
    Feels longer ago than 8 years due to what happened at the end of that year. I don't have the advantage of a brain that forgets the bad/less important details of past years.
    No, I do not feel old.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was 31 and have no damn idea what I was doing last month let alone 8 years ago lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I was 17 and it was the last expansion I went to the midnight release for at gamestop. I'll always remember they gave me a giant expansion box for the game which I still have somewhere at home.
    This expansion will always be one of my favorites for the stories and beautiful imagery all over the continent. I'll also remember being stuck flying the copter at the start of questing.
    Yeah I also still remember the long queues and then being stuck on the copter with 10000 other people

10+ Year Old Account
    Old enough to remember people losing their shit about the "china pandering kung-fu panda expansion"

I suppose from a purely marketing standpoint, as I think most of the execution of MoP was actually pretty good, (though I feel it dropped off near the end with patch 5.3 being underwhelming and the timeless isle quickly losing its luster in 5.4) Blizzard could have lead a bit more with the threats of the expansion like the sha, mogu and mantid, rather than a "you're gonna see the pandaren! Isn't that neat!?!?" as their initial marketing push.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2020-09-25 at 11:49 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I was 39. That's all I remember.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Old enough to remember people losing their shit about the "china pandering kung-fu panda expansion"
    There's still people doing that.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

I was 46 when it was released and started leveling with my daughter, loved the expansion , and i still love leveling up new characters and sometimes do some mythic + lost the intrest in raiding after tbc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmagick View Post
    Old Geezers can be fun... have alot of history behind us ... also works to make the young ones laugh at us (with us).
    I remind people of my age when I outDPS them (not that often). Cheers!

I was preparing to apply for college/uni. It is been this long?
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

I was 39 and rolled a kungfu Panda. Enjoyed the new setting as I disliked Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I was 33, I felt old then and I feel older now. I've noticed that time seems to pick up considerable speed as you age - and while any given day may feel like an age of humankind, the accumulation of years feels like they've barely passed at all. Time is weird.
    This, really. Time flies by now, soon i'll be an old man like you

10+ Year Old Account
    I was a half year shy of 30, and shortly after it came out, my mother died. Put a little dent in the game for me for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

In my guild we have a few at 45ish, a couple at 50-52 and one lady at 60+. Stay strong Even if the body falls apart eventually the mind stay at 20. I am 30+ but my mind is still 12 so there.

Its funny how that shows us when we get older. We might get wiser, but the mind stays young no matter what

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    In my guild we have a few at 45ish, a couple at 50-52 and one lady at 60+. Stay strong Even if the body falls apart eventually the mind stay at 20. I am 30+ but my mind is still 12 so there.

Its funny how that shows us when we get older. We might get wiser, but the mind stays young no matter what
    this is so true. My wife is 42, and we still giggle like teenagers at inappropriate jokes. Which she tells.

I’m in for the long haul. I’m looking forward to sharing WoW stories when I’m 62 as well.

Here’s hoping the game sticks around that long

I was 25ish, and I too believe it was the last midnight release I went to, as the stores anywhere near me all stopped doing it after that.
    I remember the employees wore panda masks and monk-looking clothing with beads and whatnot. We posed in front of the big cardboard Chen Stormstout taking pictures, drinking and having fun while waiting for midnight. I was first in line so they made a little ceremonial sorta spot on 00.00 handover of the first CE and like 50 people in queue were clapping and shit before going NOW GET OUT SO WE CAN GET OURS YOU NERD LOL and home I went by bike to get my realm first professions!
    Some pretty nice memories from those midnight releases. MoP is also by a mile my favourite expansion so overall pretty warm feeling thinking back.
    Since then I've graduated uni, moved to Japan and gotten married lol so quite a bit has happened. Kinda feels like another world. It's really only 8 years ago!?