Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Can someone explain to me how Serpent Spine (BP Claymore) works?
    The wording might suggest some weird interaction because it always says "a character", as if it is still in effect when the user leaves the field.
    Does it simply lose a stack whenever "a character" takes damage or only when "the" character takes damage?? But I doubt the bonus damage is applied to other characters?

And how does that "taking damage" count when you have a shield completely blocking the hit?
    I'm looking at Beidou here, she won't take damage if you use her as SubDPS due to the sheer amount of shields she has alongside her skills and the 30% DMG Bonus is pretty good on her E and Q. And Crit Substats > ATK% Substat by a mile - so I kinda want it.

How does it work in open-world content when you lit up grass?
    Serpent Spine only affects the equipped character and only loses stacks when the character takes damage. The character has to be active in order to gain stacks though, and stacks don't drop if you switch characters. (If you get the weapon, the effect is displayed by up to 5 small yellow sword icons orbiting you.)

You do not lose a stack if you fully absorb a hit. DOTs and fire can make you lose stacks somewhat repeatedly, although there is a short cooldown between losing stacks (i.e. you can only lose one stack a second or something). (Also Beidou can easily get a full Tidecaller from countering grass fire, so that's fun.)

And in case you weren't aware, DMG bonuses are additive; things like +Physical DMG% or +Electro DMG%, Serpent Spine's +30% DMG, and any +Normal Atk DMG or +Elemental Skill DMG or such from set bonuses or such are all added together, not multiplied. So Serpent Spine may still be one of the strongest 4-star options, but don't expect x1.3 damage out of its effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I reached AR 45 and will soon be artifact farming for the first time in ages (my favorite activity)
    Just wanted to share this
    If something happens to me, ill see you on the other side friends :3
    Just got to AR45 as well, and the first thing I did was the bosses

Btw, who uses the child boss fight materials? I'm assuming he himself does?

10+ Year Old Account
    Bruh, what am I supposed to do with all them meteorite shards now, buy Mora?

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Bruh, what am I supposed to do with all them meteorite shards now, buy Mora?
    As long as you still have 10000 Mora bundles or XP books to buy, running this event is far more efficient than running mora or XP leylines. If you've bought all of those and only have the 500 Mora left, stop running the event.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Just got to AR45 as well, and the first thing I did was the bosses

Btw, who uses the child boss fight materials? I'm assuming he himself does?
    Diona has Shard of Foul legacy as a material to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    As long as you still have 10000 Mora bundles or XP books to buy, running this event is far more efficient than running mora or XP leylines. If you've bought all of those and only have the 500 Mora left, stop running the event.
    Pretty much what I'm doing. Should run out of 10000 mora tomorrow or the day after I think

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Diona has Shard of Foul legacy as a material to use.
    Ahh, okay then. So only Childe and her.
    Probably also the upcoming ones then, I suppose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Also 2 new secret achivments:

When you get a daily from kid on a bridge, kill the birds he asks you to feed. And on next day to a i am sorry quest for primogems. (yeah i only seen this daily once, not kidding)

Anemo boss spawn tornados. You need to give those tornados 4 different elements and then a boss needs to use them (fire, cyro, electic and water). After he used 4 of all types kill the boss and you get achivment.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much what I'm doing. Should run out of 10000 mora tomorrow or the day after I think

Ahh, okay then. So only Childe and her.
    Probably also the upcoming ones then, I suppose?
    Probaly. The guitar girl would have it 100%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    I already got all the books and even the shards :/

Mora it is then...

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Woo, got Childe C1. Good times. Does help a bit!
    How are you liking your Childe? What team are you using him with? I just got my first last night!

10+ Year Old Account
    I already got all the books and even the shards :/

Mora it is then...
    I mean, the mora you get is insane. For 20 resin you get 110k or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, the mora you get is insane. For 20 resin you get 110k or something.
    I mean I have over 4 million mora so eh?

I mean I have over 4 million mora so eh?
    So not even enough for 1 character from lvl 1 to 90.
    Or even more expensive, 4 characters from 70-80/80-90

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    So not even enough for 1 character from lvl 1 to 90.
    Or even more expensive, 4 characters from 70-80/80-90
    idgaf about Spiral Abyss so needing a full team of 90s is basically moot.

idgaf about Spiral Abyss so needing a full team of 90s is basically moot.
    Either way, with 1 new character - it's gone.
    And your world level will rise to 90 at some point too.
    So will the weekly bosses etc.

If you don't farm the money now, you will spend twice as much resin later. So there is no point in not doing it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Imagine having trouble getting 4 stars

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Imagine having trouble getting 4 stars
    You might aswell change your phrase to *5 stars*

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I reached AR 45 and will soon be artifact farming for the first time in ages (my favorite activity)
    Just wanted to share this
    If something happens to me, ill see you on the other side friends :3
    I haven't started yet, at ar 41. I have really reallyyyyyyy bad artifacts and content is still a joke lol.

- - - Updated - - -

He's definitely strong, just tears through things and I'm not even really geared. I don't really have a set team for him yet, but pairing him with Fischl is huge, and having some Pyro on the team for his Vaporize hits is excellent. His melee Q is absolutely massive and sets up huge Vaporize hits.

Without C6 - or simply overgearing the content - you can't really play him as the "solo DPS" character in longer fights. (The way people might be used to with current carries like Diluc or Keqing) But that's fine, you really want to be swapping characters a lot anyway in tougher fights.
    Are you gearing him as a main dps too or no? I'm gearing him as a "support", so not max level or weapon level or artifacts, and his damage is pretty pitiful tbh. I just use him when needed for pyro shields.

- - - Updated - - -

well just got my first +20 5* artifact heh. decent stats but i'm not gunna fuss over getting perfect stats. Feather with em, def, atk%, crit dmg% (wanderers)

God damn game, just because i was shittalking Beidou doesnt mean you have to keep dropping her

He's running Rust with 2pc 4* Gladiator and 2pc 4* Troupe right now because...well, that's all I have at the moment.

I do like to get everyone's weapons leveled, though. So the bow is level 80 and the artifacts are semi-leveled. Still, he tears through most things. The Vaporize hits from Q are quite nice, too.

I think he's the kind of character that just really scales well. Especially with multiple enemies. When you're not geared much, you don't hit very hard, you're not getting much out of your melee form so you're in it longer to burn things down so the cooldown is longer, and it just feels awful.

As you do more damage stuff dies faster, more Riptide explosions from them dying, other stuff dies even faster, you get a lot more done in one melee stance so you either finish the fight outright or don't need to stay in it as long to get the same value as when you were weaker, so the cooldown is shorter, and etc etc. It just all adds up really well.
    Yea I'm having hard time deciding if I wanna gear him like a main dps since I really only use him for niche situations. Would be nice if I had Mona but you know...lol

Wow, I just came here to post a story, too.

Since I got C1 Childe I said to myself, "I'll just pull on the weapon banner now. I have enough characters from this banner."

First pull on the weapon banner I got....Beidou.

Well played, Mihoyo.
    Fuck Beidou, seriously

I now have her at C6