Thread: Genshin Impact

  1. #2441
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    13,468
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Can someone explain to me how Serpent Spine (BP Claymore) works?
    The wording might suggest some weird interaction because it always says "a character", as if it is still in effect when the user leaves the field.
    Does it simply lose a stack whenever "a character" takes damage or only when "the" character takes damage?? But I doubt the bonus damage is applied to other characters?

    And how does that "taking damage" count when you have a shield completely blocking the hit?
    I'm looking at Beidou here, she won't take damage if you use her as SubDPS due to the sheer amount of shields she has alongside her skills and the 30% DMG Bonus is pretty good on her E and Q. And Crit Substats > ATK% Substat by a mile - so I kinda want it.

    How does it work in open-world content when you lit up grass?
    I'm not sure, but from what I understand reading it: You don't take damage if you block the hit, since then you take 0 damage, which is no damage
    Fire from grass is still damage though

  2. #2442
    I reached AR 45 and will soon be artifact farming for the first time in ages (my favorite activity)
    Just wanted to share this
    If something happens to me, ill see you on the other side friends :3

  3. #2443
    Old God Yunru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Continent of Orsterra
    Posts
    10,334
    New primogem code:

    GOLNXLAKC58

    (works for EU at least)

  4. #2444
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    New primogem code:

    GOLNXLAKC58

    (works for EU at least)
    Thank you. It worked for me on EU.

  5. #2445
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Can someone explain to me how Serpent Spine (BP Claymore) works?
    The wording might suggest some weird interaction because it always says "a character", as if it is still in effect when the user leaves the field.
    Does it simply lose a stack whenever "a character" takes damage or only when "the" character takes damage?? But I doubt the bonus damage is applied to other characters?

    And how does that "taking damage" count when you have a shield completely blocking the hit?
    I'm looking at Beidou here, she won't take damage if you use her as SubDPS due to the sheer amount of shields she has alongside her skills and the 30% DMG Bonus is pretty good on her E and Q. And Crit Substats > ATK% Substat by a mile - so I kinda want it.

    How does it work in open-world content when you lit up grass?
    Serpent Spine only affects the equipped character and only loses stacks when the character takes damage. The character has to be active in order to gain stacks though, and stacks don't drop if you switch characters. (If you get the weapon, the effect is displayed by up to 5 small yellow sword icons orbiting you.)

    You do not lose a stack if you fully absorb a hit. DOTs and fire can make you lose stacks somewhat repeatedly, although there is a short cooldown between losing stacks (i.e. you can only lose one stack a second or something). (Also Beidou can easily get a full Tidecaller from countering grass fire, so that's fun.)

    And in case you weren't aware, DMG bonuses are additive; things like +Physical DMG% or +Electro DMG%, Serpent Spine's +30% DMG, and any +Normal Atk DMG or +Elemental Skill DMG or such from set bonuses or such are all added together, not multiplied. So Serpent Spine may still be one of the strongest 4-star options, but don't expect x1.3 damage out of its effect.

  6. #2446
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    13,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I reached AR 45 and will soon be artifact farming for the first time in ages (my favorite activity)
    Just wanted to share this
    If something happens to me, ill see you on the other side friends :3
    Just got to AR45 as well, and the first thing I did was the bosses


    Btw, who uses the child boss fight materials? I'm assuming he himself does?

  7. #2447
    The Unstoppable Force Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    20,269
    Bruh, what am I supposed to do with all them meteorite shards now, buy Mora?

  8. #2448
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Bruh, what am I supposed to do with all them meteorite shards now, buy Mora?
    As long as you still have 10000 Mora bundles or XP books to buy, running this event is far more efficient than running mora or XP leylines. If you've bought all of those and only have the 500 Mora left, stop running the event.

  9. #2449
    Old God Yunru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Continent of Orsterra
    Posts
    10,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Just got to AR45 as well, and the first thing I did was the bosses


    Btw, who uses the child boss fight materials? I'm assuming he himself does?
    Diona has Shard of Foul legacy as a material to use.

  10. #2450
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    13,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    As long as you still have 10000 Mora bundles or XP books to buy, running this event is far more efficient than running mora or XP leylines. If you've bought all of those and only have the 500 Mora left, stop running the event.
    Pretty much what I'm doing. Should run out of 10000 mora tomorrow or the day after I think

    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Diona has Shard of Foul legacy as a material to use.
    Ahh, okay then. So only Childe and her.
    Probably also the upcoming ones then, I suppose?

  11. #2451
    Old God Yunru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Continent of Orsterra
    Posts
    10,334
    Also 2 new secret achivments:

    When you get a daily from kid on a bridge, kill the birds he asks you to feed. And on next day to a i am sorry quest for primogems. (yeah i only seen this daily once, not kidding)

    Anemo boss spawn tornados. You need to give those tornados 4 different elements and then a boss needs to use them (fire, cyro, electic and water). After he used 4 of all types kill the boss and you get achivment.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Pretty much what I'm doing. Should run out of 10000 mora tomorrow or the day after I think



    Ahh, okay then. So only Childe and her.
    Probably also the upcoming ones then, I suppose?
    Probaly. The guitar girl would have it 100%.

  12. #2452
    The Unstoppable Force Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    20,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    As long as you still have 10000 Mora bundles or XP books to buy, running this event is far more efficient than running mora or XP leylines. If you've bought all of those and only have the 500 Mora left, stop running the event.
    I already got all the books and even the shards :/

    Mora it is then...

  13. #2453
    Woo, got Childe C1. Good times. Does help a bit!

  14. #2454
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Woo, got Childe C1. Good times. Does help a bit!
    How are you liking your Childe? What team are you using him with? I just got my first last night!

  15. #2455
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizun View Post
    How are you liking your Childe? What team are you using him with? I just got my first last night!
    He's definitely strong, just tears through things and I'm not even really geared. I don't really have a set team for him yet, but pairing him with Fischl is huge, and having some Pyro on the team for his Vaporize hits is excellent. His melee Q is absolutely massive and sets up huge Vaporize hits.

    Without C6 - or simply overgearing the content - you can't really play him as the "solo DPS" character in longer fights. (The way people might be used to with current carries like Diluc or Keqing) But that's fine, you really want to be swapping characters a lot anyway in tougher fights.

  16. #2456
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    13,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I already got all the books and even the shards :/

    Mora it is then...
    I mean, the mora you get is insane. For 20 resin you get 110k or something.

  17. #2457
    The Unstoppable Force Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    20,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    I mean, the mora you get is insane. For 20 resin you get 110k or something.
    I mean I have over 4 million mora so eh?

  18. #2458
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I mean I have over 4 million mora so eh?
    So not even enough for 1 character from lvl 1 to 90.
    Or even more expensive, 4 characters from 70-80/80-90

  19. #2459
    The Unstoppable Force Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    20,269
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    So not even enough for 1 character from lvl 1 to 90.
    Or even more expensive, 4 characters from 70-80/80-90
    idgaf about Spiral Abyss so needing a full team of 90s is basically moot.

  20. #2460
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    idgaf about Spiral Abyss so needing a full team of 90s is basically moot.
    Either way, with 1 new character - it's gone.
    And your world level will rise to 90 at some point too.
    So will the weekly bosses etc.

    If you don't farm the money now, you will spend twice as much resin later. So there is no point in not doing it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •