Thread: Genshin Impact

[
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Ignore the artifacts. Its the last thing you should farm as you will need xp books, weapon upgrades, character lvl up to 79 and so on.
    Legendary ones are for whales. Oh and on AR 45 they arent 100% drop mind you.

Stockpilling it is just pointless. Use at least some for event to rush it and get upgrades.

Also, if you are underlvled eat the food buffs (legendary crit atk food and crab defensive with atk potion and starmina run reduction) for world bosses and its very noticable.
    Ham and crab are easy to get if you know where to look.
    5* Artifacts have a 100% dropchance on AR45 domains. Sometimes (very little chance from what I can tell because it only happened twice for me so far), even 2 can drop on AR45.

If you have shitty ones, artifact farming on AR45 is the way to go because if you have bad ones, gaining +10% dmg from artifacts is way cheaper and easier to do than the 5-7% dmg you gain from leveling up your characters.

You can achieve that dmg gain from changing a single artifact and it doesn't even have to be god rolled.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    couple questions. 1. anyone know how much extra damage the 3rd hit of xingqiu's ult is from c6? 2. does noblesse oblige buff all of the sword attack hits from his ult?
    Not sure if you want to "test" it on my guess but Noblesse should (and I'm basically 99,9% sure of that) buff every sword attack from his ult.

C6 works like this:

C0 - 2 swords 3 swords 2 swords 3 swords 2 swords 3 swords
    C6 - 2 swords 3 swords 5 swords 2 swords 3 swords 5 swords

You can get 18 sets of swords easily.
    Xingqiu has the highest amount of Q damage in the game at this moment.
    You are looking at roughly 6000% dmg over it's duration at Rank 10 (C6) - obviously, with noblesse, it's 7200% (again, I see no reason why it shouldn't work).
    While also adding like 40+% dmg reduction on each hit you recieve, while also adding interrupt-resistance.
    And his E is the also hitting like crazy with and without constellations

So if you don't mind a guy in boy-scout pants and you are looking to min max. You should build him.
    Anyone who says he is "bad" (and I've seen quite a few saying that, even in this thread) has *no* idea. He is probably the best overall unit in the game by quite a large margin.

He works amazingly well with Fire characters, because his E hits like a truck,
    he works amazingly with Electro characters, because he will constantly reapply wet,
    he works amazingly with Geo characters, if Ice is involved - shatter works with Geo,
    and he works amazingly with ice characters (perma freeze),
    he works amazingly with Anemo characters (like any element aside from Geo)

Water is the most versatile shit you can think of, and with enough ressources and energy recharge, you will apply it non stop. I'd recommend the Sacrificial Sword as a 4* weapon, Skyward as a 5* weapon.
    But that's from a C0 perspective, at C6, his energy recharge might be high enough from the swords constantly regenerating energy. With 150% energy recharge (+50%) You are looking at 81 energy if every interval hits. Which means you have Cooldown limited uptime without gaining any energy orbs.
    Since you are gaining energy orbs, you can go with 0% Energy Recharge imho.

edit: Scratch that last part, the 3 energy gain only comes from every 3rd set (5 swords) of his ult.
    So yeah, Sacrificial sword it is (or any weapon with energy recharge)
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-11-24 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Well, after 4 solo runs at the event my fastest time is 3:36. Saw a whale do it over a full minute faster, so bleh. Still room for improvement!

Also, treasure compass is pretty fun. I can see myself wasting an evening just doing enhanced treasure hunting now.
    How can you do it so fast? There's like 20-30 seconds of downtime between pack spawns.

Well, after 4 solo runs at the event my fastest time is 3:36. Saw a whale do it over a full minute faster, so bleh. Still room for improvement!

Also, treasure compass is pretty fun. I can see myself wasting an evening just doing enhanced treasure hunting now.
    how did you get the compass already? I am %100 on quests on both liyue and monstad done all requests and bounties so far. And I just hit lvl 5 yesterday.
    My exploerion is on %81 liyue and %90 monstad though. I just cant find anything to explore! no spirits or treasure chests. Just lowest quality ones here and there.

A lot of it comes down to doing the turn-ins at the right time and not losing energy specifically to avoid those periods of downtime. Because you'll instantly get more spawns every time you pass a notch, but if you turn in and aren't at the next notch on the bar you have to wait for more spawns.
    Oh since you are doing these solo, did you notice a difference in enemy HP?
    Because whenever I co-op domains, even though it feels like everyone is doing really good damage, mobs die much more slowly.

For example, I can clear a domain in like - don't know 1:30m-2m solo. But then I co-op it and even though there is a Venti dealing more damage than myself probably (I know the numbers are smaller but there are *so* many) alongside 2 other players who also deal respectable damage, these things take up to 3 minutes.

Is there enemy HP% scaling when you co-op?

Because I'm really going to be sad if that's the case.

Whenever these big-"orc" dudes appear (with the geo shield buff that slam the ground like crazy and do earthquakes) it feels like they take forever in Co-op even though you see 3k-20k dmg numbers flying around all the time and I just can't see me killing that guy in less than a minute or two if he has the same amount of HP when I'm solo because the frequency of hits is just not the same as 4 players unleashing their stuff onto it.

@Bovinity Divinity I am %100 positive I did not miss anything. But I think, I understand what I screwed.
    I think I did 2 weeks of liyue bounties then 1 week of monstad. Thus dividing my reputation. Putting me 1 week behind.

Am I right? If you do bounties in one region, you cannot do them in other region.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    @Bovinity Divinity I am %100 positive I did not miss anything. But I think, I understand what I screwed.
    I think I did 2 weeks of liyue bounties then 1 week of monstad. Thus dividing my reputation. Putting me 1 week behind.

Am I right? If you do bounties in one region, you cannot do them in other region.
    Yes, only 3 bounties/week no matter where you accept them.

Just finished the main event quests. Is that it? Is there anything else that's going to give us details on who this is from? It left on such a cliff hanger after the main quest.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    how did you get the compass already? I am %100 on quests on both liyue and monstad done all requests and bounties so far. And I just hit lvl 5 yesterday.
    My exploerion is on %81 liyue and %90 monstad though. I just cant find anything to explore! no spirits or treasure chests. Just lowest quality ones here and there.
    He probaly only went for one rep. I will get it next week myself as i unlocked discount for shops (much better as it saves money overall).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Just finished the main event quests. Is that it? Is there anything else that's going to give us details on who this is from? It left on such a cliff hanger after the main quest.
    Now wait 30 or more days so the mountain unlocks.

Now wait 30 or more days so the mountain unlocks.
    Cannot wait for the new zone already but I really really want them to take it slow. I really want to enjoy this game for a very long long time. Like 5-6 years long at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cannot wait for the new zone already but I really really want them to take it slow. I really want to enjoy this game for a very long long time. Like 5-6 years long at least.
    Did you know Ganyu is just another amber? Not joking. Only unique thing she has is charge attack being longer.

Anyway i seen Dragonspine map somewhere on internet (lol it got deleted) and i must say its pretty small zone. A new country after is what we are waiting for realy.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a new way to get a code, but its super anoying (be sure you use a dummy email). Just in case.
    https://game.intel.com/giveaways/gen...ogems-giveaway

Also, i recomend doing this in another browser just in case for your account security.

Once you type in your fake name, email and country click on their shiity youtube channel and you will get a code sent to email.
    *Visit Intel Gaming on YouTube*

Its just 50 primogems btw.

Ignore the artifacts. Its the last thing you should farm as you will need xp books, weapon upgrades, character lvl up to 79 and so on.
    Legendary ones are for whales. Oh and on AR 45 they arent 100% drop mind you.
    Pretty sure artifacts give your characters waaay more power for the cost than level-ups. Even ignoring the set bonuses, 200% ATK is going to get you much higher numbers than 50 flat ATK, and that's the difference between level 70 and 90. Weapons basically get you all the flat numbers you need. So if anything, levelling up to 90 is for whales.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling gives you base ATK which is very important, and you take a damage penalty when fighting mobs much higher level than you, so leveling is still pretty good. Unless all your artifacts somehow absolutely suck, it should be pretty beneficial to focus on leveling. (You don't NEED perfect sets right away, just good stats on them.)

That said, leveling to 90 right now is pretty out of reach for most. 80 is plenty for most people.
    Basic ones from world drops are just fine (or rewards). I got all of them to at least lvl 12 and right now i gota lvl up feathers to lvl 20 (legendary ones). But its a very slow process.

Just be sure you check the main stat of them and clean up the garbage. The new lock system is pretty good so you dont end up destroying stuff you like or can use later.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Pretty sure artifacts give your characters waaay more power for the cost than level-ups. Even ignoring the set bonuses, 200% ATK is going to get you much higher numbers than 50 flat ATK, and that's the difference between level 70 and 90. Weapons basically get you all the flat numbers you need. So if anything, levelling up to 90 is for whales.
    Damage formulas also include character levels when calculating. If you're attacking something over your level, you do reduced damage. If you're attacking something below, you do increased damage. Character level is probably the single most important stat as long as you're below whatever thing you're attacking.

Leveling gives you base ATK which is very important, and you take a damage penalty when fighting mobs much higher level than you, so leveling is still pretty good. Unless all your artifacts somehow absolutely suck, it should be pretty beneficial to focus on leveling. (You don't NEED perfect sets right away, just good stats on them.)

That said, leveling to 90 right now is pretty out of reach for most. 80 is plenty for most people.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Damage formulas also include character levels when calculating. If you're attacking something over your level, you do reduced damage. If you're attacking something below, you do increased damage. Character level is probably the single most important stat as long as you're below whatever thing you're attacking.

You lose less than 5% dmg with a 10 level difference between you and the enemies.
    An artifact boosts your damage by more than that imho.
    For the same amount of resin, you get a full set most likely on AR45.
    Unless we are talking about the level range of 50-60 or something

You deal ~48,5% dmg on enemies 10 levels higher than you
    You deal 50% dmg on enemies on your lvl.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-11-24 at 03:45 PM.

Again, that assumes you have no (or absolutely trash somehow) artifacts.

Most people at AR45 are going to be running domains to min/max their stuff at this point, or complete sets. Not to get their initial artifact loadouts. So the increases aren't massive right off the bat, and are extremely RNG.

There's a reason most people say to farm artifacts last. Levels and talents aren't as glamorous, but are solid, reliable, non-rng character building. (And talents really are huge)

It's rather unlikely you have good artifacts before 45 for 4-8 characters.
    At least "good enough" to prioritize leveling before upgrading talents/artifacts.
    A single purple to yellow upgrade with the same main stat is basically worth equal amounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL its already out:

The damage penalty is the only reason to level your character really, when talking about good resource management. Obviously it'd be nice to have everyone at lv 90 but that's just not really doable right now. lv 90 on main dps, lv 60 with asc 4 for rest, maybe 70 for some specific secondary/support characters that need the extra stats.

I can say, from my own experience, the artifacts are definitely the huge factor in power increase.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a reason most people say to farm artifacts last. Levels and talents aren't as glamorous, but are solid, reliable, non-rng character building. (And talents really are huge)
    Well the reason people say to do this last is because it's rng. Talents, weapon levels, character levels are static so it's easier and smarter to focus on that first. I honestly have not noticed a huge increase in power from talent lv increase.

I'm not sure if I'm gunna be able to even get where I want to before I hit ar 45 lol. I have the opposite problem of most people D:

- - - Updated - - -

That's surprising, considering that leveling a talent from 1 to 7 makes it ~50% more effective in most cases. It's a pretty huge deal, and seems very overlooked by most players, likely because it's not something fancy like "gear".
    Well, talent level seemed more linear power increase to me. It's definitely increase, but artifacts are more like exponential increase. It's much more massive. Honestly though, I think the correct answer is just that everything is important lol. It just synergizes together. I'm not so sure if a character with the best lv 20 artifacts but low character and weapon lv, and lv 1 talents would be all that great either. Idk though, not sure if there are tests on that or example of people who have tried this.
    Last edited by blackpink; 2020-11-24 at 06:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is another giveaway, but if you already done the other one, the code will say you got a similar already:
    https://eu.alienwarearena.com/login

1. Create or log in to your Alienware Arena account.

2. Click the "GET KEY" button.

3. Go to Genshin Impact Redeem.

4. Log in with your miHoYo/Facebook/Twitter account that's connected to your game account.

5. Follow the instructions presented on the screen.

So a second chance for those that missed i guess. Usless for me.

holy fuck did something get messed up. Was finishing up the last of the gold exp books from the strike zones and got a treasure hunter one where their fireblasts were 2 shotting me. Had 4 of the fire ones so there was literally no place in the zone I could go without being burned alive.