Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    You are making literally no sense. Do you even realize that you're describing the shitfest that spiral abyss is? You seem to be fine with that though /shrug.
    I suppose when I'm saying "I'm fine with spiral abyss being the way it is" is really me making a concession because there's absolutely no way they wouldn't have at least SOME activity that necessitates being a fucking whale or dedicating metric tons of time to maximizing a full compliment of people. Not that I actually like spiral abyss personally or find it compelling.

This too lol.
    Not even in the slightest. If I had all the correct people on-level with even modest gear, I'd be steamrolling these domains. Conversely, all the cry babies whining about childe's fight were lacking in something that they can't get from just time-sinking in the game: skill.

Ergo, the two situations are different. Wanting to be successful while using variety != wanting to be successful while being bad.

Wow used to be like this, then they realized "hey, it's fucking retarded to make a boss completely immune to fire damage, because all those people who like fire mage essentially have to reroll or play something outside of their desired fantasy."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    So rolled 25 times to try and get Chungus

Got new girl and Zhongli.
    Well, they're going to expeditions and never coming back.
    Just got them both as well. Was hoping they'd be pretty great lol.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    yeah that's bullshit and you know it, i have not spent a penny on any premium currency bundles, i have used my entire primogem income on wishes and i'm AR 47 right now and my total wishes doesn't even break 100 total combined on all banners,
    You must be missing something, big time. Just from buying all the fates in the shop each month for about 800 stardust, that should easily net you 30 rolls for free. Assuming of course you're not wasting the stardust on mats or mora. Then doing commissions you get 60 gems a day so that's 25 for another two months. Combined with the events, you should Easily have more than 100 rolls. All for free. So 200 is plenty doable for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    You must be missing something, big time. Just from buying all the fates in the shop each month for about 800 stardust, that should easily net you 30 rolls for free.
    How does one get stardust, again? (hint: wishes)

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    How does one get stardust, again? (hint: wishes)
    How do you get primogems, again? (hint: buying it AND playing the fucking game)

Is it just me or does Zhongli's voice sound majorly different when you are playing him as a character in combat, compared to his voice in the quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    How do you get primogems, again? (hint: buying it AND playing the fucking game)
    Yeah, lets math this out a little then...

Assume you get all 10 3* weapons from a 10 wish. 10 wishes = 150 dust. So you'd need to do 54 wishes to get that 800 dust, and that's assuming ALL weapon pulls.

So if you really only get 25 wishes for 2 months like zantos says, it would take you 4 months to get that 800 dust (again, assuming only shit weapons). That would put you at 50 wishes + the what... 12? 15? from the dust?

65 wishes. Wow. So many rolls.

Nah, what's more likely is that person paid the $5 for the daily gem bonus.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2020-12-02 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akuru View Post
    Bi-weekly*

So if you're good enough you can get 600 primogems every 2 weeks.
    I am! I spent a good amount of time on smartphone gamesand wherever there is a tower that you climb it is just meaningless content except for the first clear so I haven't bothered at all.

I really had no idea about the biweekly reset and gems. thanks for the info.

Assume you get all 10 3* weapons from a 10 wish. 10 wishes = 150 dust. So you'd need to do 54 wishes to get that 800 dust, and that's assuming ALL weapon pulls.

So if you really only get 25 wishes for 2 months like zantos says, it would take you 4 months to get that 800 dust (again, assuming only shit weapons). That would put you at 50 wishes + the what... 12? 15? from the dust?

Do you know that this game is a little over 2 months old? Do you know from what you can actually get primogems from in game?

Just creating an account and leveling up to AR 10 back in October gave you 30 rolls and 1600 primogems. That was not counting any achievements, quests, chests or litterally anything else you could achieve in the game.

lol.

You are wrong on so many levels when you think there is not enough dust available up till now as F2P.
    You have way more sources of Primogems as F2P too.
    Some of them reapeatable, some of them are rewards, some of them are bug fixes, some of them are one time things.

Abyss alone should've yielded roughly 30 pulls by now

1-8 are 2400 gems
    4 resets so far, 800-1200 gems (or double that if you cleared everything - very unlikely)

I think... 40 pulls from the game rewards when the game started?

Another 30 from openworld-chests alone
    Another 10 from achievements you do by accident while playing the game
    Another 10 (roughly) from bugfixes and login rewards
    Another 30 from daily quests
    Another I don't know how many, from events and shit.
    Another I don't know how many, from AR ranks
    Another 30 from the shop

150-200 pulls, 2 5* (minimum)

So at this point in time, you should have enough dust.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-12-02 at 06:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Just got them both as well. Was hoping they'd be pretty great lol.
    They might be for all I care, but I tried them with the trial thing, and holy fuck do I not like how they play. Zhongli's attacks just feel so slow that I wouldn't want to actually use him, and his abilities don't seem to lend themselves to a secondary dps, and I already have a couple of healers I like, so he's pointless. The new girl, I just *HATE* her abilities and her attack pattern.

Oh math! Lets do this! First, lets get this out of the way, stardust comes from wishes is a big Duh. Second, my response was too being able to do 200 rolls within 2 months, thus, that 25 is in relation to the 200 goal of completely free.

Now, lets take a look at the last 30 days. The last one shall do. Goal is 60 wishes.

So commisions - 60 a day. 30 days thats 1,800 right away.

The meteorite event. 120 for the 3 quests in each part, so 120 * 3 = 360. Then another 240 for doing the meteor several times. So thats another 500 at least. 60 for quest rewards from the last quest. another 90 for doing the special 3 quests from the first part.

The previous event that was that story was another 200 gems.

Seize the day twice so another 600. 3350

We will do 1 round of BP so 5 rolls flat there. - assuming you did the bp, which lets be real, you should. - 800 gem value

900 Free gems from Mihoyo themselves just for compensations in the past 30 days. (I don't delete letters for some reason)

160 gems from a code, which runs pretty regularly and gets posted here a lot.

This is all from just free stuff, no quests, no treasures, no abyssal spire, nothing else. So 5210 gems, or 32 rolls. Now, I hear you saying "but thats not 54 wishes!". Correct. But, lets assume you were smart. With the 60ish free rolls from the first month (you got like 40 from just starting and then other freebies from miyoho), you should have bought the fates from that since you would Easily have the stardust for it. Thats another 10 rolls, so now where up to 42.

Now, I have been going pretty slowly leveling. So lets do ar 20-30 for rewards we would get. Assuming you log in and Only do commisions. Im ar 44 with quests too.

Rank 20 - 75 gems and 1 fate
    rank 24 - 1 fate
    rank 25 - 2 fates and 100 gems
    rank 28 - 75 gems
    Total gem value - 890

So, thats 47 rolls. Now, assuming you actually play the game and did the story quests added, got some treasures, achievements, youll have gotten the other 6 rolls, and then some.

That is just in the last 30 days. Hitting the 60 roll target was even easier in the first 30 days with the start up promotions. So, without spending a dime, you could sustainably hit 120 rolls to get the fates for 750 stardust.

So, my point stands, with math. 200 rolls, 100% for free, is Very possible at this point between all of the events, the in game rewards from exploration and quests, ranking up and battle pass even. Again though, the key point will also be to ensure you're not blindly spending stardust on mats that you can easily farm.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Save your credit cards as new gliding event will give primogems

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    The new girl, I just *HATE* her abilities and her attack pattern.
    Different strokes for different folks and all that, but I actually found myself liking her more than I expected. Her basic attacks are rather quick for a Claymore user, and the fact that she doesn't have a slower slam attack as the final part of her combo makes it feel even smoother. Needing to hit multiple enemies to get the most damage out of her Elemental Ability is kind of annoying, but in most situations you tend to be surrounded by trash anyway, and her very first passive decreases the number of enemies you need to hit at a time. I will admit that her Burst seems more flashy than useful, but the fact that it has a Physical component means that she can actually use it against Fire-based enemies as well, unlike most of the other Pyro characters. All in all, I suppose the biggest mark against her is she's not Diluc or Klee, and is much more defensive-based than either. I guess that doesn't bother me quite as much, since I tend to prefer tankier characters anyway.

I will agree that Zhongli is a tad underwhelming, however. I think his biggest addition to the game is that if you're using Ningguang as your Main DPS, you finally have a decent Geo-based DPS Support character that isn't the Geo-attuned Traveler.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I might level Xinyan now that I got her, but damn I am sick of fire characters. I get zero cryo or anemo ones (because there's only one four star), they're all fire and electro (I would have rather gotten Razor, I did the test run with him and he feels much more fun).
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2020-12-02 at 08:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://games.steelseries.com/giveaw...ogems-giveaway

This are new codes, but its same kind as previous. You can use mine if you havent yet: WAPTG6TKR52M

So anoying.

Not sure if I'm a fan of Zhongli as a DPS.
    I tried him out and I had problems hitting enemies with his upward swing. He would miss because slimes are too small, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Not sure if I'm a fan of Zhongli as a DPS.
    I tried him out and I had problems hitting enemies with his upward swing. He would miss because slimes are too small, lol.
    The problem with Zhongli is that his damage numbers are basically that of a 4*. It is extremely not worth it to get him in his current state.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    The problem with Zhongli is that his damage numbers are basically that of a 4*. It is extremely not worth it to get him in his current state.
    Well, I'd say his support ability is pretty great tbh. That E lasts for a veeeeery long time and is a great crystalize generator and his Q is nuts, no doubt about that.
    But since you guys were talking about people using him as a DPS, I was trying him out and the attack animation is extremely cool, but doesn't work properly because as mentioned earlier, some attacks actually miss even though the enemy is right in front of you.

If I'd be using Ninguang more often, I'd actually use him due to how great he is with his ultimate and the extra energy he adds for Ninguang. But never as a DPS, only as a support/sub-dps
    Like...a Geo version of Mona, basically.

A friend of mine got him after 6 pulls and he is also using Ninguang, I'm really hyped and will take a look at his team sooner or later in co-op.

Venti Q + Ninguang Charged attack+E + Zhongli Q = Total destruction (I assume)
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-12-02 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Well, I'd say his support ability is pretty great tbh. That E lasts for a veeeeery long time and is a great crystalize generator and his Q is nuts, no doubt about that.
    But since you guys were talking about people using him as a DPS, I was trying him out and the attack animation is extremely cool, but doesn't work properly because as mentioned earlier, some attacks actually miss even though the enemy is right in front of you.

If I'd be using Ninguang more often, I'd actually use him due to how great he is with his ultimate and the extra energy he adds for Ninguang. But never as a DPS, only as a support/sub-dps
    Like...a Geo version of Mona, basically.

A friend of mine got him after 6 pulls and he is also using Ninguang, I'm really hyped and will take a look at his team sooner or later in co-op.

Venti Q + Ninguang Charged attack+E + Zhongli Q = Total destruction (I assume)
    He's much worse currently than you think.
    In order for him to be a good support he has to be able to do two things: generate energy and providing high burst dmg. Currently his Q is not good enough, Characters like Ninguang has a better burst than him. Even his energy generation is really not good. It is extremely inconsistent where sometimes you won't get a particle for multiple hits of geo from his E.

The largest factor to him being bad is most likely due to him being geo. Geo characters need larger multipliers to be good since they lack good reactions. Zhonglis multipliers are awful and lands somewhere in the middle of the 4* multiplier territory, but the other 4* characters usually provide better reactions so they're once again better.

People have been running around saying "he is a burst support, don't go carry dps" which is quite funny considering he is actually a better physical carry than he is a burst support.

He is just not good enough. Simple as that.